smirke's cruiser

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Bastards, rip into them and mention how you have informed a few thousand people online about them......
All good. Called outback accessories to find out what came with the holder. Funnily enough it includes the plate bracket. Got a call back from ORE who said they will fit it up this Friday for me while it is at the sparks getting its 3rd battery, so all good. Just hope the tyre is ready by then.
Selective memory on the type of carrier though. Oh well, something else to file under 'bad luck'

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Well, the 3rd battery is in. Cost HEAPS more than what I was anticipating. But now all12v and extra stuff is coming off the new battery. The only thing coming from the car batteries is the 12pin plug and braking things. (Fridge is on an Anderson so it now also off the 3rd battery). They couldn't get the yellow lidded battery, so got the same size in a marine battery. Said it was the same but just for boats, and it has a blue lid instead.
Will take a pic when the sun is up, as it's still dark and cold out.

Funny enough, a certain group forgot to go and fix up the license plate, so I will be calling them this morning.
@dagree, I may be paying you a visit after all.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
image.jpeg image.jpg

Just for something different.....more money spent on the car! Got the rhino rack double Jerry holders as the other ones I bought were for metal cans..oops, and a max track holder with some other bits so they can be mounted up top instead of sitting in car or in van. I refuse to spend any more on the car!!!!

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Thanks fellas!
And @dagree , you'll be happy to know that the tape measure was left there to remind me that the tracks were just "propped" up there and the Jerry can holder wasn't yet secure. Had a few teething difficulties,but a quick trip back to autobarn and all sorted! Must say, those guys are very helpful and nice. Would definitely recommend them.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
right after this trip @Drover is when @Smirke will start thinking of a 5th wheeler & Toyota Tundra to tow it............................ :behindsofa:
nah.

Just loaded up the car and hooked the van on the back. Bit puzzled to see the ball weight is approx 220 . Did the process 4 times and the range was between 215 and 225kg.

Either somethings wrong, or I'm a good packer.....I'll go with the good packer. The car on the other hand is a tad loaded. Tossing up about ditching the sleeping bags ands just taking the donnas from the van seeing as though the van will be coming with us now.

One question for the wise, is the standard ball hitch ok for the gibb??

IMG_7639.JPG IMG_7640.jpg

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
right after this trip @Drover is when @Smirke will start thinking of a 5th wheeler & Toyota Tundra to tow it............................ :behindsofa:

yeah, right

famous last words.........................................

the Tundra is just a 200 series with a tray instead of being a wagon - nothing on the roof, all in the back

Reactions: dagree and Smirke