smirke's cruiser

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Had some good and bad news today. The license plate got moved this afternoon, a bit to the left. After seeing it I told them it wasn't legal still. You cannot see the last digit and you can't see the whole thing if you are 2 degrees off centre. The guys took pictures and sent them thru to the manufacturer, who said it was legal. Took car straight to a licensing centre (had a police car following me the whole way....was panicking big time.......luckily someone ran a red light so they took off after them), where they told me that it wasn't legal by any means, not even close to being legal.
Call the company myself and got the 'we've been doing it this way since 2004' speel until I mentioned where I took it. I am now taking it to them to hopefully sort out.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Not long now @Smirke, do you leave on Saturday?
Certainly am.
Picking up a spare for the van tomorrow from Medina! New tyre on a seconds rim, just got to take the spare too as he needs to make sure the offset is right ( I googled it, but as I'm officially finished work....my brain will not comprehend what I read about that tyre kind of stuff!!!)

Going up the GNH all the way as I can't be bothered doing 20-40km/hr in roadworks up in minilya. (Apparently it goes from minilya to nanutarra)

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
2 more sleeps to go
2 more sleeps to go
enough time for another hospital trip
2 more sleeps to goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Thanks @bigcol ! There were 2 hospital trips this week. Matt got his cast off and a splint put on, with the added bonus of : no climbing, swimming, walking anywhere wher he may slip, trip, fall, etc, no sports, etc........yeah right!!!! unfortunately one bone still has a 2mm gap, so we have to be careful. Then hubby broke a rib.
Time to go I say.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
It comes in three's so hopefully Damon's rib will be the last between now, when you leave and during the trip...... Have a great and safe trip!

OH... Can you pick me up on your way through ;)

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
So where did you fit the Flying Doctor Medical Kit box ?????, saw one at a station and they are pretty big.............and how much did your sat phone and emergency airfield set up set you back ??????
Nothing like going prepared.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
So where did you fit the Flying Doctor Medical Kit box ?????, saw one at a station and they are pretty big.............and how much did your sat phone and emergency airfield set up set you back ??????
Nothing like going prepared.
All under control @Drover . My mum gave me the number for the rfds so I don't need to carry the kit! (Kept broken arm son home from school today....just in case)

But, I reckon it would come out cheaper than this car and its accessories .

Reactions: Drover and bigcol