smirke's cruiser

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
My Ute would like one of them, it's on the list along with side steps, FW hubs, roof top tinny.............oh the list is endless........
Hey @Dobbie if yours is a fabric/vinyl job try soaking it in dye of a dark colour.

Hey drover.

I'm not sure what colour it started out as. Greenish beige is my guess. Now greenish beige zebra.

But it's old....bought it about 8 years ago. Not attractive, in looks, but still functional.

Maybe an eBay sell? ( used once, perfect condition, designer colours, always stored under cover etc etc)

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
image.jpeg Well, it's definitely 3rd time lucky for us. The rear wheel carrier was put on today, now to just get a second spare for it. Third battery hopefully installed next Friday, otherwise we will be going without one.

G Daddy

Dec 6, 2015
Toowoomba
Did give you a bracket to move the number plate, as that will be illegal in Qld, something to do with 45% view

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The plate visibilty regs have been around since Noah just really been highlighted by someone who got booked for it, the tyre looks like it will block the plate so will attract folks to your wallet like flies................................relocate the plate is easy it's the stupid light thats the pain, best way is to run a piggy back wire from your trailer plug tail light to power the light then you don't have to dig behind panels for the cable and won't upset the ECU if it has that sort of electronics.

Reactions: Smirke and bigcol

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
The plate visibilty regs have been around since Noah just really been highlighted by someone who got booked for it, the tyre looks like it will block the plate so will attract folks to your wallet like flies................................relocate the plate is easy it's the stupid light thats the pain, best way is to run a piggy back wire from your trailer plug tail light to power the light then you don't have to dig behind panels for the cable and won't upset the ECU if it has that sort of electronics.
Just wish I knew how to do that.

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Easy, peazy @Smirke, if you have a flat 7 pin trailer plug on your Cruiseota take the cover plate off and you just need to tap into pin 7, should be a brown wire, thats your tail/clearance light wire going to your van, then run the wire behind the bumper to the light for your new number plate bracket...............turn lights on and it should light up.............................better than digging into a wiring harness buried behind some panel.(lecko charge $150)......probably not for a new rig but with a couple of tek screws, place plate on bumper and in spot which has clear view and screw it on then with a plate light screw it next to number plate and run wire thru hole behind it, no stuffing around with brackets 15 min job........................also makes a good bash plate for shopping centres.......lol.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Thanks @Drover for that info. I will hopefully not have to do any of that.
Just been driving around and calling different places trying to get one of those license plate holders with a light, only to be told it isn't the kaymar one (which is what we ordered). Plus, after a bit more asking around, it is an outback oz one and both the kaymar and outback one come with the things and it should have been moved during installation. Have called ORE to mention those facts, which I'm sure they already know, but will also mention the fact that the whole thing is a cheaper unit!!! So payed the kaymar price for an outback product!! Lets just say, I'm definitely not a happy camper at all.
Bad thing is, have no free days left to get it rectified, and guy who took the order, etc isn't there today. My anger is brewing.....