smirke's cruiser

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
image.jpeg

Well the van pushing around the car has been fixed, was the ball tongue bouncing in its holder. Wedged something not the space and all fixed!
I'm scared to work out the fuel consumption! So far we've had to fill up in wubin, cue and meekatharra! But then we do have more than usual on the car roof.

Delano

Apr 27, 2014
North west Melbourne
View attachment 43055

Well the van pushing around the car has been fixed, was the ball tongue bouncing in its holder. Wedged something not the space and all fixed!
I'm scared to work out the fuel consumption! So far we've had to fill up in wubin, cue and meekatharra! But then we do have more than usual on the car roof.
What speed are you averaging ?
Maybe back off to 90-95 km/h.
You've still got a long way to go and plenty of time to do it.

Whatever you do just enjoy it.

I'm not jealous at all.....

Keep up the pics and trip reports so we can all enjoy it too !!!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
No wonder you need a mini power station, elecky tooth brushes lol,lol,lol...............if the tow ball tongue is banging around when your towing then your ball weight must be a bit light on I suspect..............been on the road 24 hrs so where's the pics ?????????????

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
What speed are you averaging ?
Maybe back off to 90-95 km/h.
You've still got a long way to go and plenty of time to do it.

Whatever you do just enjoy it.

I'm not jealous at all.....

Keep up the pics and trip reports so we can all enjoy it too !!!
Was sitting between 80 and 95. Which is why it took so long

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Need advice!!! @bigcol , @dagree ,@Drover ,@Dobbie and anyone else. One wheel hub is warm while others are cool after driving. Also makes noise like brakes are on when rolling forward slowly ,even though brakes haven't been applied.

Calling a 4x4 place in derby tomorrow to see if they can help (we are at degrey rest area now.)