smirke's cruiser

KEZE

Apr 17, 2016
Perth
Thanks Guys.

Smirke some pictures of the tow hitch set up would be nice if its not to much trouble.

I have the cruiser booked in at ARB next month for some up grades but cancelled the suspension getting done as I wasn't sure what I wanted. I was thinking about going for the OME with a constant 200kg ride and a 25mm lift all round but I will do some more research and wait until the van arrives and all the other fruit is installed to make our final decision. On the fuel economy we haven't towed with the new cruiser yet but noticed that the fuel consumption is a lot less than our old 2012 GXL on general use, I might start running a log book to get some actuals.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
@Drover I asked our friend, who works for toyota, about the 'special bit' that only they can service. He reckons its a pile of rubbish, but will check into it a bit more. Will keep everyone updated on it.

As to our beast. She still has a truckload of sand in her, but at least i cleaned her back to being white (instead of orange). The roof racks get swapped over to the platform tomorrow....yay, but we may or mayn't get the snorkel before we leave. There are 10 on the truck heading over from Melbourne, and I just happen to be number 10 on the list, who he forgot to call to tell me they are on their way......hmmmm, a bit sus if you ask me. Anyway, if they all turn up in good working order (whatever that means, I mean its a snorkel! It sucks air in, at least thats what I thought it did.) then I get to have mine installed around the end of May. Otherwise I need to wait indefinitely. In which case, I may cancel it and go elsewhere.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
I think its the little "spanner light" on the dash (same as the later model Patrols) (to tell you it needs a service) it dont matter if you service it yourself, but the little light on the dash WONT go off............
hence having to take it to the stealers for them to plug a Laptop in and re-set that code

they dont tell you what the code is
Scan Gauge & the like cannot register the code as there or delete it either............
Someone on the LCOOL site listed what every code was. (they came across the codes somehow)

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Thanks Guys.

Smirke some pictures of the tow hitch set up would be nice if its not to much trouble.

I have the cruiser booked in at ARB next month for some up grades but cancelled the suspension getting done as I wasn't sure what I wanted. I was thinking about going for the OME with a constant 200kg ride and a 25mm lift all round but I will do some more research and wait until the van arrives and all the other fruit is installed to make our final decision. On the fuel economy we haven't towed with the new cruiser yet but noticed that the fuel consumption is a lot less than our old 2012 GXL on general use, I might start running a log book to get some actuals.
Sorry @KEZE , just saw this. Will take pics tomorrow arvo for you.
We went the lift as we are doing the gibb this july and reading a few reports on other sites, the bull bars weight made the front drop a bit and it bottomed out on the dips. I didn't want that happening to us, would scare the daylights out of me, hence the lift. Our van has a 286kg max ball weight also so the reason for the suspension and airbags. Had the OME in the patrol and found them good. To be honest, Id have no idea what wouldn't be good, but to me it was fine.
Found the fuel economy was high on our trip. Got 26.5l?100km on the way up and 24.5L/100km on the way back (van had no water and a lot less food/drinks so was heaps lighter) Hoping it improves, as the patrol never got that high.
The one thing I'm not impressed with is the small fuel tanks and the fact you have no control over the sub tank. Some serious thought and decisions need to be made as to what else to get are now in play.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Someone on the LCOOL site listed what every code was. (they came across the codes somehow)

did they put the code in for the "service over due" ............................?

I know my mate has a problem with Toyboata every time he services it himself (oil, filters, coolant etc) he has to take it in for them to re-set the service interval for the light on his dash $190.00 each time thank you

Reactions: Smirke and Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
That's probably it, stupid little light, I would have thought Scangauge or Torque pro would be able to reset it !!!!!...........

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
did they put the code in for the "service over due" ............................?

I know my mate has a problem with Toyboata every time he services it himself (oil, filters, coolant etc) he has to take it in for them to re-set the service interval for the light on his dash $190.00 each time thank you
Never knew it had one of them. Hope mine doesn't!

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
image.jpeg
Thanks Guys.

@KEZE here is a picture of the hitch. I added the tape measure in as that's the important but I think.

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
Oooh another one of us, yay......watchya gonna get??????

And remember we're here to spend your money.

I have a super red hot price on a GXL with KDSS but i'm trying to talk the wife into the VX
Toyota are sneaky bastards they take all the good stuff off the GXL and then try to get you to a VX but don't discount the VX's much

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Ouch that's a shocking sight. Looks like a dag hanging off the ass.
Might have to measure the current setup height and see how I go, I think that might even be too high for my WDH
I would measure your garage as well. Ours fits ok but had to change the roof rack to a pioneer type as nothing else would fit...our garage is 4 courses higher than standard too!!!

Reactions: Drover and bigcol