Smergen's LTZ Colorado - The Rock Truck

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Might have to seriously look at this Holden, very fast run to Melb 1800 km and with no van the Jeeperific returned 9.2l/100, thats it's computer figure haven't done the actual fuel/km calc yet. Other runs with van give me 11l/100 on average.
I'm most impressed with your rigs fuel returns.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Might have to seriously look at this Holden, very fast run to Melb 1800 km and with no van the Jeeperific returned 9.2l/100, thats it's computer figure haven't done the actual fuel/km calc yet. Other runs with van give me 11l/100 on average.
I'm most impressed with your rigs fuel returns.

Thanks mate. I didn't post in here my 13l/100km run to Lang Lang. I reckon 2hrs+ of kerb crawling along freeway. Was very happy with that...

But mate, those Jeep figures are brilliant. Wouldn't change vehicles if I was getting those.

Interested so see what the extra weight on the front end does to figures when then bar gets put on this week.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Just having one tank empty gives dramatic changes, worst I get is thru the mountains and head winds will give high 13's, recent trip with one tank empty gave a 20 lt difference over 500 k, so its a how long is a peice of spring.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Just having one tank empty gives dramatic changes, worst I get is thru the mountains and head winds will give high 13's, recent trip with one tank empty gave a 20 lt difference over 500 k, so its a how long is a peice of spring.

Sorry mate, you misunderstood me I think. Was referring to the bullbar I'm getting installed tomorrow. Hoping it won't affect the figures too much.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Glad to see your happy with the liner after I was talking it up, long term it will be a better investment than a drop in liner.
How durable is that finish ... Im throwing tools around and building crap in the back of mine all day with the plastic liner.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
How durable is that finish ... Im throwing tools around and building crap in the back of mine all day with the plastic liner.
It's bloody tough stuff, I think it has a lifetime warranty @Smergen will be able to tell us. The tub can still dent if you are real rough but from my car detailing days the plastic liners scratch and sweat underneath which defeats the purpose a bit when you have to get it repaired later on. And they are slippery buggers. My mate picked me up in his crewman with a liner to go to golf and the clubs would slide around a bit.

Reactions: Drover

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Evening @17triton and @Crusty181 ... I'm nothing but a huge wrap for the spray liner after the first few weeks. It scuffs up a little like all liners and doesn't have the "sheen" it had when new. But I've already thrown wood, BBQs, bikes and fishing gear at it. It's extremely durable and haven't managed to take a chunk out of it yet.

As for sliding around on it, it's quite textured so things shouldn't really. I generally put an ockey strap/rope around whatever might be in there just in case. I doubt I need to though.

But like @17triton says, it's more about the fact that I know that the liner is there for good and nothing nasty is going on underneath. It's pricey and some might not think it's worth the extra expense. But I'm happy with my decision. Very happy.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
OK... so well that's new...

IMG_1978.JPG IMG_1980.JPG

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Did it drop much in the front end?

I must admit, I haven't measured but I didn't notice anything looking at it in the carpark. Handles very similarly, albeit with a bit more noise from the snorkel. Over the next year or so I'll add all my other "weight" (canopy, batteries, winch (maybe)) before hitting up the suspension mods.

Reactions: cruza driver