May 29, 2014
Geelong
No problems @Smergen.
IMG_0144.jpg

Reactions: Smergen

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Not going out to the Wombat this morning made me realise I was pretty short on the recovery gear front. Whilst in between kids party taxi services, I called in at SCA for some window shopping. Noticed the kits below on for half price, and figured they were better in my shed or in the tray than to get them later... Now might try and source a hand winch from somewhere. Will ultimately get a winch in the bar for the Big Lap, but not really required at the moment (translate: I'm outta coin...)

IMG_2249.JPG

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
That's a good recovery kit there mate, well done!

Cheers mate. Wasn't planning on getting everything in the bag, but the special was on, and who can't resist a bargain!

Great bit of kit there @Smergen good to see you bought it to help others Because Colorados don't get stuck ;)

Well, you know, it's the right thing to do.

Didn't find any cheap fire extinguishers at SCA?
:behindsofa:
Too soon...?!;)

Nah... I figure if Jeep drivers have to cop it for, well, forever... we 'rado drivers might as well do out time.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I just caught up with your earlier post, don't know how I missed it, I will reply when I figure out an appropriate reply.........hmmmmm

Nah... I figure if Jeep drivers have to cop it for, well, forever... we 'rado drivers might as well do out time.

Not having any inspiration at all.................................As a long time Jeeper I'll just ignore it..!!!!!

Checking out a 'Olden Colorado next week, see if it will be up to replacing the Jeeperific, not a new one though.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
G'day @Holden_man... Great to hear you are interested in the Colorado, we've been pretty happy with it. It hasn't missed a beat towing our van, and does it with ease. I'm confident if we "upsize" it'll handle it.

We're progressing with our build at the moment, with the intention of getting it ready for the big lap. Was actually in ARB today having a chat about phase 2 of the build. I love that place, but also, it's very dangerous... it's the smell of money flying out of your wallet...

In regards to leg room, I wouldn't say it's "spacious". But then I'm reasonably tall so have the seat a decent way back. Behind the Boss there's a bit more. The hard bit is two of ours are still in boosters which actually cramps the space more as legs go out rather than down to the floor. I think two blokes should do OK in the back with the centre arm rest down OK. Good bit of recline in the back too... Remind me in a week or two when the crew fly out to the UK, I'll remove the seats and test it out for you.

The suspension upgrade hasn't been quoted yet. I'm keen to "load" it up first seeing where it sits, and then I'll upgrade the ride. The stock is pretty compliant but can bounce a tad with the van on the back. Will probably get a WDH to help with that.

The tank is a worry at 76L and it's on the list of considerations for an upgrade. If you can dodge a $2.50/L fill here and there it can help... But then it's more weight off the payload. I reckon Jerries and water tanks will probably get the nod.

Hopefully details of the next upgrade will come during the week..

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Good feedback mate on the tank, appreciate that. Maybe something I should look at sooner rather than later....

That's not too bad a price for the MY14. The MY14 has a 1t capacity whereas they wound it back to 875kg for the MY15 for the suspension change.

Like any dual cab mate with big kids, I would test it out with them in the back. I suspect when our 3 get to 10+ there won't be sufficient room and we'll be looking at wagons again...

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Yeah, that's what I was thinking with the fuel tank, but there's something about convenience as well.

Not sure exact changes to suspension but the made it softer to become less "agricultural". Only in the LTZ I believe. As a result 125kgs come off the carrying capacity. Other changes were interior finish upgrade (wanky piano finish surrounds on the stereo) and improved cabin noise proofing. Nothing else I'm lead to believe.

I suspect if you're getting kneed in the back in the Prado, it'll be the same in most dual cabs.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well I'm not saying too much but you better be right about this new horse of yours.........................a certain 2013 dual cab model is looking very good to replace the Jeeperific soon....................just waiting on an email.........

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Well I'm not saying too much but you better be right about this new horse of yours.........................

Well, my horse is pretty cool. Not sure if your nag will be the same... :)

Hey @Drover, I've been looking around and getting some prices, bloke at work has just signed up a new LTZ for $41k in Auto with paint upgrade. They also have a 4 day sale on at the moment, with 5 year warranty and free servicing for about 3 years, pretty good value at the moment the New Colorado.

If you gents are not averse to buying a Colorado from Victoria (and getting it trucked to your part of the world), drop me a line and I can see what my mate at Holden can do. Not sure if it would be worth your while but can always ask...

Reactions: Drover