Ranger or BT50

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Great stuff @Bluey. And I hear you on the hassle of private sale. Whilst I would have loved to trade the Paj in, the Old Girl was of no value to the dealer and their offer was comical. So I've got to do the leg work and get her moved on myself.

No one's after a cheap reliable Pajero are they??? :)

Ren77

Nov 7, 2013
North Queensland
Great stuff @Bluey. And I hear you on the hassle of private sale. Whilst I would have loved to trade the Paj in, the Old Girl was of no value to the dealer and their offer was comical. So I've got to do the leg work and get her moved on myself.

Or a Navara

Reactions: Smergen

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia

yes smergen the yards are scammers before Christmas I was offered 30 for the prado now 28 f me are u kidding I said
a faultless car popular , when u have very pricey patrols in the yard older than my prado geeees it makes u so mad , I could probley sell for 35 if I was lucky , but squeezed 29 out of him but no movement on the bt , and I also put 4500ks on it since Christmas which they didn't know so im trying to be happy im not sad but not happy either just ahhhhhh with a lot of head shaking I think ive scratched half my hair away , I just hope the new one is a good one these new flash electrics worry me ask me in 12 mounths or 5 years if im happy

Reactions: bigcol

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
IMG_2037.jpg IMG_2038.jpg

ok lads heres the pics the deal has been done pic was taken late in the day not much sun bulbar and canopy from arb coming don't get them till march they have to make them hope I get them 2 days before we go away for the meet in halls gap wont be happy if I don't !!!!! it goes ok im still shattered the prados gone time will heal that I hope depends on how go this one is I know the prado was the best car I will eva own but this is more practical and I couldn't have both got it home first thing I did was rip off the back bar and fit tow bar needed a mate to finish off refitting the back bar all done sparkie did all my wireing today heres some heights when connected to van measured from flat piece on hitch and wheel arch from tow bar 517mm no van 454 with van back to 517 with weight bars fitted 3 links free on the 4th link wheel arch 800 bars on van on 820 no van 780 no bars hope that makes sence never seen another one this colour but im sure there about
I need to know that hand shake cruzer driver lol

Brettmc

Oct 18, 2012
Perth
Forget the Prado , as soon as you start towing the Expanda around you will wonder why you did not change sooner.
I have a Ranger and tow a 17.56-2 and the vehicle is a nice tug.

Reactions: cruza driver

meandher (a frost)

Mar 21, 2013
The Vines, WA
Put the BT in for a 30000km service this week and they sprung a cooling system recall on me. Apparently there is some chafing of hoses that have culminated in loss of coolant and knackered engines. They did the job no problem, refitted new hoses and sone kind of reinforcement and mounting thingy to eliminate the issue. What irked me was that there was no email or postal contact to inform of the recall. Hence, anyone who finds Mazda's servicing too expensive and chooses to use a capable, but very much cheaper 3rd party service company that still covers the warranty provisions, doesn't get to know about the recall and therefore are at risk of buggering up their mechanicals.

I normally find Mazda better than most other service departments i have dealt with on other marques, but got very peeved this time. They never touched the reverse canera issue that i currently have that has also stopped the reverse sensors from working.It will only be a connection issue as it s intermittemt, but because it was aftermarket ( who is daft enough to pay $950+ For an OEM reverse camera ?) they chose to ignore it and it is still non working after spending $500 on a service. A sideliight s still out and they missed that too. No doubt the apprentice they let loose on my vehicle just ticked the "checked" box and they got away with it this time.

Rapidly losing faith in big company ethos. I won't get caught again.

Reactions: bigcol

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I have wondered why the Mazda bar always looks good out of the way and the Ford one looks like a plough :). The cooling hose issue is a re work but it has been spoken about on here. Same as the antenna re work for AM radio, you have to ask for it.

Last edited:

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I remember when mine was that shiney @Bluey There is a few getting around that colour too. Friends of mine also pick there new BT up this Saturday.....it must be the week for it :)

Are you going black bullbar or colour coded? Plenty of new family memories to be made mate!

Last edited:

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Forget the Prado , as soon as you start towing the Expanda around you will wonder why you did not change sooner.
I have a Ranger and tow a 17.56-2 and the vehicle is a nice tug.
i will try I have to is the ford an auto

Last edited:

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I remember when mine was that shiney @Bluey There is a few getting around that colour too. Friends of mine also pick there new BT up this Saturday.....it must be the week for it :)

Are you going black bullbar or colour coded? Plenty of new family memories to be made mate!
black bull bar hopefully fitted this Thursday accent canopy fitted in march

navmatt

Jan 20, 2014
Ayr/Glenden Nth Qld
Hey all, well the BT is ready for a 5k oil change. What oil are my fellow BT owners using? In the nav i used penrite HPR 5w40 semi syn, I was thinking of using the same. Apparently mazda use castrol full syn, but im not too fussed on any castrol product.