Ranger or BT50

1756mick

Jan 8, 2015
I love my BT50. It is awesome. 2013 XTR optioned with wheels, snorkel, black bars etc, lights
image.jpg

navmatt

Jan 20, 2014
Ayr/Glenden Nth Qld
Well 6 months and 20k later my BT is going great. No issues whatsoever and tows like a dream. Here are a few pics of some stuff I've done,
image.jpg

If you have one of these or similar you will know what a pain it is to change the oil, unless you have a hoist to get the guards off it's too much mucking around to get off. I even tried getting a little funnel and hose and all I did was spill the oil everywhere!!! So i sourced this
image.jpg

image.jpg

It's a permanent sump valve, with a captive handle to turn it on. What a god send!!! Hook up a plastic hose to drain straight into the pan.
image.jpg

Fridge slide and dual battery
image.jpg

It's the factory Mazda/ redarc system, it has performed pretty well. I have a ctek dcdc charger I will get around to fit so I can get full charge into the gel battery. Probably make it last longer too. The battery is 100 amp/hr one I got out of the van. Swapped it round as the 125amp one I had in my Nav which would not fit in the metal enclosure. I even had trouble sourcing a plastic battery enclosure for the van to fit it in.

matty_turbo

Jul 21, 2015
Sunshine Coast
Anybody with a Ranger/BT50 upgrade their suspension? I'm looking at towing a Starcraft 17.58-3 (2500kgs) plus about 500kgs of stuff in the tub for about 30,000kms around Australia in the next 12 months. Some people have upgraded and some haven't. I'm a fan of the EFS stuff because it seems to be the most comfortable of the suspension makers. Any help or advice?

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Anybody with a Ranger/BT50 upgrade their suspension? I'm looking at towing a Starcraft 17.58-3 (2500kgs) plus about 500kgs of stuff in the tub for about 30,000kms around Australia in the next 12 months. Some people have upgraded and some haven't. I'm a fan of the EFS stuff because it seems to be the most comfortable of the suspension makers. Any help or advice?

Please avoid airbags. Fit heavy duty rear springs. When you get back from your trip change the rear springs out to medium.