Our Silverline mods

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Van goes in to prestige Jayco geelong for its first service tomorrow.
Nothing major just a few little things that need fixing under warranty .
It's the service charge that I'm not looking forward to .

Reactions: Smirke

steve67

Oct 9, 2014
Wantirna, VIC
Mine went in for the first service yesterday, like you... just a few minor things need fixing. What I did mention to Bayswater Jayco was that the rear bed mattress sits at a different height at the seam. They were aware of the problem and said that they will check it out. I will be interested to see what, if anything, they will do??? The mattress topper fixed the seam issue but not the height difference...clearly not fit for purpose.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Mine went in for the first service yesterday, like you... just a few minor things need fixing. What I did mention to Bayswater Jayco was that the rear bed mattress sits at a different height at the seam. They were aware of the problem and said that they will check it out. I will be interested to see what, if anything, they will do??? The mattress topper fixed the seam issue but not the height difference...clearly not fit for purpose.
We had ours replaced on our 17. We had to fight for it.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
fingers crossed!
They want ours as long as possible...not sure if that is a good sign or a bad sign!!! I said that they can keep it up until 5th Jan, We are heading to the Gold Coast later in that week.
Bayswater kept ours a few weeks last time very busy this time of year and they have to wait for things.
Our overhead cupboard door only came in this week a few weeks after we got the van back.

steve67

Oct 9, 2014
Wantirna, VIC
Bayswater kept ours a few weeks last time very busy this time of year and they have to wait for things.
Our overhead cupboard door only came in this week a few weeks after we got the van back.
Not wrong, there were vans everywhere! But Jayco wanted it now...they booked it in for the first service on delivery.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Hey mfexpanda theres a silverline here that had his awning out but all the way down not set up if that makes sence to shad the van he left for a few days came back water filled up didnt run off propley and snaped his barrel like a twig after a down pour he says they should have a middel support dose yours I will ask him if I can take a pic of damage

Reactions: mfexpanda

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Hey mfexpanda theres a silverline here that had his awning out but all the way down not set up if that makes sence to shad the van he left for a few days came back water filled up didnt run off propley and snaped his barrel like a twig after a down pour he says they should have a middel support dose yours I will ask him if I can take a pic of damage
Ours has 2 arched arms that you can use for the roof but that may be part of the annex setup

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Ours has 2 arched arms that you can use for the roof but that may be part of the annex setup
Hes gone no pic but he just had stanard awning he belives some where sold with supports like u get with antiflap kit hes on his way to melb for his holiday and a stouch

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
best solution for inverter power - put a change over relay in the van. so when there is no power input to the van, all the power points are running off the inverter (not the battery charger), when power is supplied to the van it also powers the changover relay and connects all the power points back to the mains power. no more changing leads and instant changeover without a flicker

I like the look of the Latronics ACTS2 or ACTS3 but hey are so $$$ ($450+) but it does mean you would not need a hole in the side of the van. To fully automate you would also need to disconnect the Setec from the house battery(s) and install a 240v battery charger connected to the input on the ACTS device to charge when grid 240v is present but not when running off inverter. The ACTS3 also has a dedicated Gennie input.

But like I said too rich for my blood.

Reactions: mfexpanda

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I notice there is a large wasted space in the bottom of the cupboard next to the bed .
The off side has th HWS but for some reason they have boarded up the door side too ?
Are the Starcraft vans the same ? I'll be removing the board

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
image.jpg
image.jpg
It's all about the Bass

Haven't wired it in yet as we re going away this weekend but when I get back ! ;)