Our Silverline mods

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Where and when did you get your wireless thermometer @mfexpanda ?
Looked high and low today and not one in the state. Was told they have been discontinued due to poor performance and issues with interference from car radios affecting them.... Damn it don't want it for the car I told them ;)
I think I got it from ray's outdoors

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Have seen the Companion one @coled1970 and is green same as the ironman one but.......
But the pedantic "Boss" wants the engel one because it matches the solar regulator 8-)
All I care about is a cold beer ;)

Just showed her the ironman one and of all things.... she says "Oh I like that... It matches the caravan colours and can be mounted on the side of the fridge cabinet just inside the door so doesn't need to match the solar gauge thingy!!!!!!!"

Bloody females :behindsofa:

yabbietol

Sep 2, 2014
Queanbeyan NSW
Where and when did you get your wireless thermometer @mfexpanda ?
Looked high and low today and not one in the state. Was told they have been discontinued due to poor performance and issues with interference from car radios affecting them.... Damn it don't want it for the car I told them ;)
I also was having some trouble locating an Engle wireless thermometer, so I bought a wired WACO one from Caravan Plus. It is not wireless and runs on 2xAAA, but was only $25.31 pick up. It uses a thermocouple you place in the fridge and runs a thin pair of wires to the display unit.
IMO the wire is thin enough to fit under the door seal without causing a significant cold leak. I would place the wire run at the top of the fridge door near a corner. I have tested it on my home fridge and the alarm works well, but set it a bit high (6 or 7 deg C) as otherwise it will get annoying each time you open the fridge. It also can be set with a minimum as well as a maximum temp which is good to prevent fridge been set to to low a temp and freezing your food.

http://caravansplus.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=10788

Reactions: jvp and dagree

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I've been running a hdmi and rca plugs to an outside plate so we can watch TV or foxtel if we need to .
Also noticed the fridge came with a fan whilst running the cables behind it .
And did the @Bluey waste water mode as we spoke about at beaufort ran both sink and shower and no problem water drained nicely .

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
image.jpg
Pics

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
The guys came and fitted the fusion premium system yesterday . 2 guys and 6 hours and it's all done .
They have done a great job everything as it should be really happy .
Gave me a rundown on how everything works and even helped me out on a few bits to get my foxtel Working in the van .
Down loaded the fusion-link app for my iPad and I'm over the moon I love it .
I can control everything through the iPad using the fusion Ethernet .