Our Silverline mods

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
photos today when i get home .
Batteries connected or isolated?, and how did you mount and connect the extra solar panels.
i bought some mounts off ebay and some y connectors also from ebay . ill post pics later today .
C'mon @mfexpanda , no photos, then didn't happen ;)

The van looks amazing too mate, a couple of trips away and there will be no missing the expanda me thinks.
thanks moto and your right im realy looking forward to getting away .
we are normally away in the van this time of the year , one week extra either side of the school holidays but we went earlier this year .
the only holiday thats coming up besides our get together this weekend is the motogp we are staying with the van at highside campground

Reactions: Moto Moto

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Some pics
image.jpg

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
so ...... you run a 6 inch lead from your inverter plug to the vans input GPO. Awesome idea.

It looks like your two DC batteries are permanently connected together. With the additional roof panels, did you splice into the existing cabling or run additional cables.

Cheers
Both new cables connecting the two new panels then connected to the existing panel wires.
Yep short lead from inverter outlet to van .

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Hello Mfexpanda
A simple question I notice in your first pic you have an Engle digital temp gauge which gave both fridge and freezer temp. Have you wired this to the van fridge and if so how? If it is connected to your Engle don't worry.
hi @yabbietol the engel is showing room temp and fridge temp.
its wireless and the other module is in our van fridge

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Thanks @mfexpanda and @yabbietol .... Mrs Dagree just saw the fridge thermometer and has just "told" me WE need one of those 8-) :D
Nothing on fleabay apart from the companion brand (Exact copy-Green) but according to her it has to be the black and red engel one as it matches the TPS 1230 Solar Regulator Panel ;)

So off to an engel dealer I will go during the week!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: mfexpanda

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
:peace:
Thanks @mfexpanda and @yabbietol .... Mrs Dagree just saw the fridge thermometer and has just "told" me WE need one of those 8-) :D
Nothing on fleabay apart from the companion brand (Exact copy) but I according to her it has to be the black and red engel one as it matches the TPS 1230 Solar Regulator Panel

So off to an engel dealer I will go during the week!!!!
No problem @dagree we like helping others spend their money !

Reactions: dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Where and when did you get your wireless thermometer @mfexpanda ?
Looked high and low today and not one in the state. Was told they have been discontinued due to poor performance and issues with interference from car radios affecting them.... Damn it don't want it for the car I told them ;)