Our Silverline mods

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
That looks like it would be a genuine turd to line up?
It a lot easier than the pic looks it's quite a well engineered piece .
The unit is 110 mm high compared to the standard 220 approx height of the 50mm ball setup which only left me around 10 mm clearance when my tail gate was down on flat ground.
I was always worried about the tailgate hitting it .
The new unit is lockable so the van cannot be unhitched in your absence plus our driveway has a massive dip in it so I wanted something that wouldn't put the hitch under strain .
We try and free camp a lot on the way to our holiday destination and have been caught in quite a few bumpy and rough roads and campsites etc ( I always blame mrsmfexpanda ) so I thought I'd give this hitch a go .

Plus it does look cool

Last edited:

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
image.jpeg

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
You're looking for trouble....and isn't she a member here?

Then it's guaranteed!

I've been contemplating the Arc Quick Hitch as it could give us the extra articulation for bumpy roads and the ease of not having to change hitches for the dump trailer.

I'll think about it and decide when we're away....if that ever happens!
Planned for this week but now next week.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
not good mate - what happened.........?

Deferred a bit as it's so dry here we need to sort out the place so it can be drought proof while we're away.

And we had pumps die on us so that didn't help.

But getting closer to getting organised.

I hope.

:hail:

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I know your all good but looks like a mini towing a bus that starship is huge beam me up scotty !!!!!!!!!!
looks like that dish thing on the roof may catch wind slow you down you don't want that take it off your hands for a fair price think of fuel you will save without it slowing you down :behindsofa: