Our Silverline mods

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I've just ordered some more solar which when it arrives and fitted should be 540w all up plus just bought some steel and the new rear bumper will be started this weekend hopefully if the rain keeps away .
I'm happy with the bumper I made a few months ago but I'm playing with the idea of putting my dirt bike on the back so a new slightly heavier gauge bumper with lights and tie down points .
Will see how it goes and if I'm not happy then all I lost is some welding time and $143 in steel .

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I've just ordered some more solar which when it arrives and fitted should be 540w all up plus just bought some steel and the new rear bumper will be started this weekend hopefully if the rain keeps away .
I'm happy with the bumper I made a few months ago but I'm playing with the idea of putting my dirt bike on the back so a new slightly heavier gauge bumper with lights and tie down points .
Will see how it goes and if I'm not happy then all I lost is some welding time and $143 in steel .
We met some long term travellers last week with 500w + combined panels, and for 9 months camp hosting the solar was ample power to run their 20ft van without any additional power source rain hail or shine

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
We met some long term travellers last week with 500w + combined panels, and for 9 months camp hosting the solar was ample power to run their 20ft van without any additional power source rain hail or shine
We have 340w at the moment just want to make sure that hopefully on crapy days it still charges .
We run everything when off grid don't want to have to worry about running out

Reactions: Base23

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
We have 340w at the moment just want to make sure that hopefully on crapy days it still charges .
We run everything when off grid don't want to have to worry about running out
The travellers we met said the bigger punch on the nice days carries them through the low charge crappy weather

9 mths without needing any other source is a good enough test. Were likely going to catch up with them again in a few weeks, i pick his brain some more

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
The travellers we met said the bigger punch on the nice days carries them through the low charge crappy weather

9 mths without needing any other source is a good enough test. Were likely going to catch up with them again in a few weeks, i pick his brain some more
:tea:

Base23

Jan 17, 2016
Adelaide
All the solar parts are rolling in should have it up and running on the weekend .
The new rear bumper is progressing nicely
I am looking at adding an extra 120w solar panel to my van, can I attach anywhere to the roof or do I need to find a room beam somehow?

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I am looking at adding an extra 120w solar panel to my van, can I attach anywhere to the roof or do I need to find a room beam somehow?

Generally in the beams mate. If you leave it outside overnight often the morning dew will settle and outline the roof braces before the sun burns it off! Maybe a fancy stud finder would work too?

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Extra panels fitted so that makes 540w of solar .
The silverlines has a different type of roof construction so I'm able to walk on it so it makes the job easier .
A couple of pics
image.jpeg
image.jpeg