Discovery Our Jayco Discovery

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
image.jpg

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
Back to our Jayco :) , took it to local weigh bridge the other day and it came in 40kgs over weight at 1980kgs. This was full of water(3 tanks), 1 full 9kg gas bottle, 1 1/2 full 9kg bottle and a full 4kg gas bottle but minus food and clothes.
So, ive gotta drop some weight.
Im going to trial running just one 100ah deep cycle battery insted of two, this will drop near 30kgs which will put me at legal weight but thats still minus food and clothes. I could only fill 2 tanks instead of all 3, this will put me 60kgs under weight which should cover food/clothes but would limit free camping. I could only run 1 9kg gas bottle instead of 2, saving about 20kg but then have the hastle of running out of gas. I could drop the the 4kg bottle and get a line plumbed into side of van for webber or use the 4kg bottle for webber and back up for van(carry one 9kg and 1 4kg bottle)
There is nothing else I can remove off van to reduce weight.
Thoughts?

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
I am reading here and elsewhere that people are getting weeks out of a gas bottle, not sure if 4kg or 9kg, so that may be your answer to some easy weight loss. Maybe look into a stick on guage, gas fuse or the hot water method to determine remaining gas level and rotate or refill before trips.