Discovery Our Jayco Discovery

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
So today I replaced 19 older style door/cupboard catches with push button style ones. Still have to countersink old holes, fill them and then paint but thats a winter job.
Also fitted the water tank gauges, fitted senders at water pump/under hand pump then mounted displays on sink tub in cupboard.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
Just back from a week down at Bruny Island, ment to be another few days down there but had to cut short. On our return trip today we encountered gale force winds(back to 3rd gear on flat road at times), pouring rain and massive thunder storm. Great way to finish our trip, averaged 22lts/100kms which wasnt to bad considering the head wind for over 200kms.
Tank gauges worked great, even for hand pump, 12v system again worked great on one battery.
Had a ball kayak fishing landing 60 couta between 4 of us in abit over an hour.
image.jpg

Pictures are from Cape Bruny Lighthouse, Truganini lookout and penguin rookery and Adventure bay where the caravan park is.

Reactions: bigcol

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
IMG_0219.JPG

Made up a stone guard today, another mod ticked off before our big adventure.......to be advised
Due to rear jerry can holder and spare tyre on car I was limited on how far I could angle stone guard out and wasn't happy with it having to sit near vertical. So, I mounted it on a hinge so it can be layed forward and give lots of clearance when needed.
Still need to add heavy duty shade cloth and rubber underneath it to it but overall happy with result.

Last edited: