17' Series New Jayco Bed End Covers!

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
The typical annex wall track which screws to the van to slide the front and rear annex walls onto the van allows the wall to be slide in at rights angles to the track; which is probably what we are all looking for. Although typically double flanged, Camec stock a single sided version. All in all that would result in the track mouth facing down, with the flange attached under the rubber seal. Hopefully that should alleviate the tightening on the BEF.

001650.jpg

http://camec.com/rv-accessories-awn...mill-5-5m-0-23kg-m-100pp-bright-white-pc.html

Reactions: rekinds

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
The typical annex wall track which screws to the van to slide the front and rear annex walls onto the van allows the wall to be slide in at rights angles to the track; which is probably what we are all looking for. Although typically double flanged, Camec stock a single sided version. All in all that would result in the track mouth facing down, with the flange attached under the rubber seal. Hopefully that should alleviate the tightening on the BEF.

View attachment 25886

http://camec.com/rv-accessories-awn...mill-5-5m-0-23kg-m-100pp-bright-white-pc.html

That would be the ideal profile to have the BEF's fitted.

That being said, mine are now fitted and working fine with the supplied track.

Reactions: bigcol

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
I put on the sailtrac on the outside of lid and were able to attach to the rivets with little problem, must of just fluked the length. Then wasn't real happy at how close the rivets were to the fiberglass(1 rivet at either end would rub if there was any movement of the lid) so then I removed sailtrac and placed them under rubber seal with groove pointing away from the van and was able to still do up press studs. Unfortunately I have now got holes that are filled with white silicon but I am much happier with the finish. Barney.

Reactions: Bellbirdweb

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
That would be the ideal profile to have the BEF's fitted.

That being said, mine are now fitted and working fine with the supplied track.
Yes. But aluminium may well create a problem of its own. Stay tune, our new van arrives in about 3 weeks .... ill post my success or disaster

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I put on the sailtrac on the outside of lid and were able to attach to the rivets with little problem, must of just fluked the length. Then wasn't real happy at how close the rivets were to the fiberglass(1 rivet at either end would rub if there was any movement of the lid) so then I removed sailtrac and placed them under rubber seal with groove pointing away from the van and was able to still do up press studs. Unfortunately I have now got holes that are filled with white silicon but I am much happier with the finish. Barney.
Depending on how much it annoys you, you could mix up some gel coat ...

Dankye

Aug 3, 2014
Kojonup wa
Hubby put bed ends on today can't wait to go away and test them out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    712.6 KB · Views: 294
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    771.8 KB · Views: 296

rodney

Apr 23, 2014
I got me guys to try the ally sail track before we got told of the plastic stuff I will work for the back one but the sides we were going to mount under the lid and you just can't get enough flex in it

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
Got mine on Friday ($660 from the Dandy factory:().
But no instructions.

Worked out the channel after a little trial and error and figured pop rivets instead of the 302 screws I bought for it. (Yeah I should've looked here on the forum first for the answers.)

But the press studs - where do they go? Do I use the ones normally used for the Privacy screens, or do I need to mount new ones somewhere?

thanks

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
But the press studs - where do they go? Do I use the ones normally used for the Privacy screens, or do I need to mount new ones somewhere?

thanks

Press studs attach to the wall where the privacy screens normally attach.

I found the bottom press studs don't line up on either end, so need to add a couple of new press studs on the flys.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Got mine on Friday ($660 from the Dandy factory:().
But no instructions.

Worked out the channel after a little trial and error and figured pop rivets instead of the 302 screws I bought for it. (Yeah I should've looked here on the forum first for the answers.)

thanks
Location of press stud bases
image.jpg

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
thats what happened when I fitted them, contacted @dagree with WTF......... I was NOT a happy camper so to speak
however
in his patience and wisdom, he talked me out of having a BBQ with them, and explained that they supplied the extra press studs
"for a reason"

DOH for me, calmed down, had another look, fixed as per David's suggestion
mine is still a little wee bit short, so I am going to get my Hot Glue gun out, and add some Velcro to it to help keep the press studs on when very windy

pic's will come once I get my act together