17' Series New Jayco Bed End Covers!

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Can anyone who has these take a pic at the very top corner and how that is "sealed" where the bed end fly ends. I have the holiday annexe one and in some heavy rain the water travels down the hinge to the end and then drips so water ends up pooling on top of the bed end. I think if the fly "wrapped" around just that little further to meet the hinge it wouldn't be an issue.

Thanks

BJ.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Can anyone who has these take a pic at the very top corner and how that is "sealed" where the bed end fly ends. I have the holiday annexe one and in some heavy rain the water travels down the hinge to the end and then drips so water ends up pooling on top of the bed end. I think if the fly "wrapped" around just that little further to meet the hinge it wouldn't be an issue.

Thanks

BJ.
I make sure that the BEF does wrap around. I am also trying a small ridge of silicon from the hinge to the edge of the lid to see if I can prevent the dripping. Will let you know how that goes next time it rains.

Reactions: Bmhdg76

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
I make sure that the BEF does wrap around. I am also trying a small ridge of silicon from the hinge to the edge of the lid to see if I can prevent the dripping. Will let you know how that goes next time it rains.
Yes. I try to do the same, just need to find something to "hold" it there.

BJ.

beecee

Feb 10, 2013
Canberra
No not at all. The rubber seal went back on very easily. If you are local to Canberra area you are welcome to come and have a look.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Thanks @beecee not local to Canberra, but I am there fairly frequently.

I'm going to have a crack at fitting them on the weekend so hopefully it's fairly straightforward.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Thanks @beecee not local to Canberra, but I am there fairly frequently.

I'm going to have a crack at fitting them on the weekend so hopefully it's fairly straightforward.
Let us know how you get on. I have the BEF coming with the new van, but Ive requested the the dealer not fit it because I prefer the neater look beecee has achieved. So Ill do it myself

Reactions: Flossymk1

jandl

Mar 18, 2014
Perth
I almost finished fitting mine today and it was fairly straight forward. I cut a bit off the sail tracks provided but still had to modify the tracks once fitted as the bed end cover is stretched very tightly to attach the top press studs.
image.jpg

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I almost finished fitting mine today and it was fairly straight forward. I cut a bit off the sail tracks provided but still had to modify the tracks once fitted as the bed end cover is stretched very tightly to attach the top press studs.
View attachment 25836
I would have thought the slide tube would have been in a very similar position whether we put the track outside or under the lid. Is the tightness a product of under lid track position?

jandl

Mar 18, 2014
Perth
I thought the same in regard to the position. At first I thought I had a cover that was too short but both were like it. Since I cut a small section off the track it does fit with a bit of effort. I have angled the cut so as not to have a sharp edge against the cover. The only thing I thought off is the external sail track possibly allows for the cover to 'cut the corner' more when going the front to the sides therefore reducing the overall length. This is only a thought but I am confident I just need to play with it to get the fit correct.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
View attachment 25836

@Bellbirdweb ... The Bed Ends attach to the bed lid with sail track... The studs are for attaching the Bed End Cover ends to the van walls!!

@jandl I notice in your pic that you have managed to have the opening in the sail track facing down with the lid open.

Did you just attach the flat section to the inner lip where the rubber seal clips on ?

When I placed the track there the channel faced towards the rear and I thought that might make it tight as well