17' Series New Jayco Bed End Covers!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
so I am going to get my Hot Glue gun out, and add some Velcro to it to help keep the press studs on when very windy
pic's will come once I get my act together

Was going to look at giving that a try this afternoon but Mrs Dagree got the SS Wagon dirty so had to give it a clean :bathbaby:
Might look into it on Friday after getting the van measured for the ESC and getting the hot water sorted... If I don't go :fish2:!!!!

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
the thought process is..........
remove new press studs,
mark out and cut 20cm wide velcro to length
hot glue velcro to side of Van
re attach press studs

take BEF & other side of velcro to motor trimmer
get them to sew on the velcro
bring home and trial fit

that way
1) if all good "according to Hoyal" press studs will fit, and velcro will assist in keeping BEF in place
2) should help with making / assisting with water sealing
3) make the sodding things fit better........

now, any suggestions about the top corners??????????????????????????????????

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Was thinking of just giving it a trial with self-sticking velcro on van and BEF's to see how it goes then doing a permanent fix...

now, any suggestions about the top corners??????????????????????????????????

One step at a time @bigcol ;) I haven't even thought that far ahead :D

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I did think of the "self sticking" ones,
but Bill tried them, and they wouldn't stick to the fiber glass... not sure why.... hence the hot glue gun, or Bear Glue

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
he did try that, as well as making sure it was dry.......
I fear it is just one of those, I want it to stick, but it wont V's I DONT want it to stick, and it does type scenario's.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Maybe I'll wait till you do yours and come have a sticky beak.
OH just thought of another option ... get some better quality (Better fitting) press studs, replace the existing and add a few more?
Did find that I had to "crimp/squeeze" the female studs to make them clip onto the male ones!

Reactions: bigcol

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
@Bellbirdweb, and the others that have attached the track under the pinch weld rubber... Does the door now shut and fully seal in that is the rubber sitting higher than the track? I am wanting to do it this way but would hate to introduce a way dust and worse water get in whilst travelling.

It looks a lot neater and as I am going to be getting my bed end lid replaced at the end of the week, am contemplating asking them to not install the track on the outside as it is now, so that I can do it this way myself.

Thanks

BJ

Reactions: Bellbirdweb

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I did think of the "self sticking" ones,
but Bill tried them, and they wouldn't stick to the fiber glass... not sure why.... hence the hot glue gun, or Bear Glue
If Jayco haven't cleaned the fibreglass properly, not much will permanently stick to it. Use some prepsol or turps before you stick anything to it

Reactions: dagree

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
@Bellbirdweb, and the others that have attached the track under the pinch weld rubber... Does the door now shut and fully seal in that is the rubber sitting higher than the track? I am wanting to do it this way but would hate to introduce a way dust and worse water get in whilst travelling.

It looks a lot neater and as I am going to be getting my bed end lid replaced at the end of the week, am contemplating asking them to not install the track on the outside as it is now, so that I can do it this way myself.

Thanks

BJ

@Bmhdg76, the rubber is significantly thicker than the sail track, thus it still seals as it originally did against the van.

Reactions: Bmhdg76

Benando

Oct 31, 2013
Waterproof bed end covers which fold up same as privacy screens. Easy
image.jpg

Janbo

Feb 19, 2014
Adelaide
I mean there are two studs on the out side of the body not near the studs for the privacy screens