Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I will stick to my 4x4 plenty of room comfy ecomical cruiseing down the road with 5 tonne or so rolling along sitting on 110 air con keeping us cool did i say heaps of room 17 to 18 per 100 i will take that anyday toyotas the best tow car of all just ask @Crusty181 convert from that nissan crap he had ask him about room he has a workshop in the back of his as other cars burn or break down we will treat them as speed bumps put in 4x4 drive over them and keep going
Sorry once i got started couldnt stop lol
Maybe next time you and old @Crusty181 son camp together you should park in a circle to protect yourselves in case non Toyota people attack during the night !

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I will stick to my 4x4 plenty of room comfy ecomical cruiseing down the road with 5 tonne or so rolling along sitting on 110 air con keeping us cool did i say heaps of room 17 to 18 per 100 i will take that anyday toyotas the best tow car of all ju
Once upon a time there was a 'Cruisoto with a Van parked next to a Colorado with a Van at Nhill, both left together but the Colorado crossed the SA border first................ just saying :biggrin: :bounce::censored:

• Haha
Reactions: mfexpanda

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
On the 26th January 2021, AUSTRALIA DAY, HARS ( Historical Aviation Restoration Society) located at Albion Park Rail NSW, is having a fly past of towns in the Illawarra over Kiama, Wollongong and Shellharbour districts.............. This is one of the fantastic aircraft that will be a part of it along with the Constellation, RAAF C47, Caribou and P51 Mustang including the Navy Heritage Flights Huey ... So if your a lucky B to be down there get the camera ready......... One of the few times I wish I was back at Oak Flats.............. https://hars.org.au/

A89-273 .... Neptune P2V-7

Neptune.jpg
HARS Photo.

N9-3104 .... Bell UH-1B .... 898 ....RAN Heritage Flight ............

Huey.jpg
My pic...

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I still miss the air shows at Albatross I used to ride my push bike out there most afternoons after school

I loved the Airshows but hated all the work I had to do and I had nothing to do with the aircraft, Christmas time we would bundle up the kids to see Santa, who always arrived by Huey, we told our kids he flew to Nowra by Huey then hitched a ride on the Bush Fire Trucks to throw lollies to everyone...............one of my boys still equates the Woka, Woka sound and smell of kero with Santa.......

Getting to HARS to see all the old aircraft from my days at RANAS is big on my To Do List, with the Huey, Tracker and now with the old Navy C47 being brought up to flying status leaving only the Wessex static, have to go to the FAA Museum to see the A4's another great place to visit, then duck down the Nerriga Road to Temora to see the rest of the old birds............

I hope someone gets to see the Fly Past and posts some pics for us................

Last edited:
Reactions: mfexpanda

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Definitely brings back memories I still remember a Wessex crash landing behind our house in Journal street another broken crank we had the odd one come down in the school oval as well. Our house was in the flight path we always new when the Melbourne docked in Sydney all the aircraft come home, good times

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
interesting article Herald Sun
Talking to Jayco said going great guns
“For the 2020 calendar year we finished with 10,600 units produced, and that was with eight weeks out of production, so this year our budget is 13,800 units.”
“The Nagambie Lakeside Leisure Park is booked out for the next three years at Christmas, Easter and the long weekends, and it can hold 2500 people.”

ARB the same
The 4x4 accessories manufacturer ARB Corp earlier this month said it expected $284m in sales for the first half of the financial year, up 21.6 per cent year-on-year, while the company’s share price has added more than 50 per cent in six months.

BCF as well
BCF Managing Director Paul Bradshaw said the brand had seen one million new customers in the six months to December, across its 141 stores and online.

“We’ve seen one million new customers in BCF in just the first half of the financial year — and older customers in the BCF club who might have fallen out of camping a few years ago have reignited their love for everything camping, or fishing,” he said.

I wonder how full van parks going to get if a lot more vanners.
When we down Cowes last week was a few first timers.
Think I might of sold a few TXP folding ladders and Sizzler BBQ's to people on other sites :)

Reactions: Bluey and Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
So the roar of radial engines and the awesome sound of a Packard Merlin with a bit of Wokka, Wokka ...

Take off is scheduled for around 10.30am with the expected route going up the coast from Gerroa to Stanwell Park with over flights of town and city centres.

1611548579354.png
......... a Gravel truck of Wallaby Airlines... (or a flying spew bag) HARS Pic.

rags

interesting article Herald Sun
Talking to Jayco said going great guns
“For the 2020 calendar year we finished with 10,600 units produced, and that was with eight weeks out of production, so this year our budget is 13,800 units.”
“The Nagambie Lakeside Leisure Park is booked out for the next three years at Christmas, Easter and the long weekends, and it can hold 2500 people.”

ARB the same
The 4x4 accessories manufacturer ARB Corp earlier this month said it expected $284m in sales for the first half of the financial year, up 21.6 per cent year-on-year, while the company’s share price has added more than 50 per cent in six months.

BCF as well
BCF Managing Director Paul Bradshaw said the brand had seen one million new customers in the six months to December, across its 141 stores and online.

“We’ve seen one million new customers in BCF in just the first half of the financial year — and older customers in the BCF club who might have fallen out of camping a few years ago have reignited their love for everything camping, or fishing,” he said.

I wonder how full van parks going to get if a lot more vanners.
When we down Cowes last week was a few first timers.
Think I might of sold a few TXP folding ladders and Sizzler BBQ's to people on other sites :)

my 2 take outs for this story.
1. Jayco finished 10600 units but most likely didn’t finish them to an acceptable standard requiring new owners having to have rectification work done post delivery by the delivering dealer. Moving to 13000 units will be interestin.

2 I love that ARB are travelling ok and which is also reflecting on their share prices as I happenEd to buy some shares when listed back in 1987 on the suggestion on a friend who at the time had a workshop that sold a bit of their ARB gear.
Today’s closing price was around $34.40 which is probably $33.90 more than I payed.
mind you I have probably spent all my profits , buying ARB gear for vehicles over the last 30 years.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
my 2 take outs for this story.
1. Jayco finished 10600 units but most likely didn’t finish them to an acceptable standard requiring new owners having to have rectification work done post delivery by the delivering dealer. Moving to 13000 units will be interestin.

what you saying they not put in proper sized screws in cabinets still after all these years :)
Be interesting getting in to get things fixed. I know we gone with a mobile guy for service as was sick for waiting
He ex Jayco. Bayswater said call him as they booked out 4-5 months

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
I shudder to think what any Qld trip will be like if we go this year.Absolute bedlam last year without the Vics. Qld is at bursting point re booked parks .Is this really what people want.Cheek to jowel parks.Full ,littered free camps.Got a few mates who want to take the vans up to Port Douglas in June for a reunion.Not looking good .

Reactions: Drover and davemc

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
We booked a week at Harrington non powered site from Boxing Day and it was $900.00 for a family of four. Mind you one child is classed as an adult. This is getting ridiculous.