Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Grandpa Gunna

Dec 29, 2020
Northern Tablelands NSW
Visitors knocked on the door Wednesday arvo, thought they had travelled from Central West NSW. Oh no no no, been in western suburbs for 3 weeks. We all know what's happened to common sense and personal responsibility. Is this why WE ALL get toasted by regulations and border closures?

• Wow
Reactions: DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Its always the drivers fault @Bluey , Ive done Ulan Rd once in a truck and vowed never again but may have my roads mixed up around there......... its only a mistake if you have to turn around otherwise its an adventure ....................
Coming onto the Bruce Hwy from the Wide Bay Hwy, a worst intersection is hard to find, *, the Jeeperific MkII with Big Mal tucked in behind launched with smoke from the wheels as I got a break in the traffic after waiting for ages, it doesn't slow down for much if not reigned in, awesome beast.

* Yes there is Kings Hwy and Princess Hwy Batemans Bay..................

Reactions: DRW

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
If Maccas got the testing gig, going on how they succeed in delivering burgers that look nothing like the ones in the pictures, we would have 15 year old workers sticking test sticks in your ear instead of the nose and putting the samples in the wrong bag.
Im pretty sure thats who i got at the hospital anyway. I none too fussed where the shove the stick, the test wasnt my choice anyway, so long as the mark the records as done

Reactions: davemc

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Im pretty sure thats who i got at the hospital anyway. I none too fussed where the shove the stick, the test wasnt my choice anyway, so long as the mark the records as done

@Crusty181 , think of your sacrifice in having a test stick stuck up your nose as "taking one for the other residents of Victoria". Also for your Premier and State, as well as for all us other poor souls living in this great land who do not want to become infected. Victoria was Covid free until you let those north of the border bring the dreaded virus into your state. Australia is relatively free of Covid compared to other countries, because people like you do as requested and get tested. There should be more people like you. Congratulations.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
No we arnt talking much she knows my thoughts we argued on the day my way your way ok then you better hope it works out fair to say it didnt work out in anyones favour

I learnt many moons ago not to ask directions from someone who has to turn the map around so it looks right................ and even then gets left and right mixed up.
@Crusty181 , think of your sacrifice in having a test stick stuck up your nose as "taking one for the other residents of Victoria". Also for your Premier and State, as well as for all us other poor souls living in this great land who do not want to become infected. Victoria was Covid free until you let those north of the border bring the dreaded virus into your state. Australia is relatively free of Covid compared to other countries, because people like you do as requested and get tested. There should be more people like you. Congratulations.

and with closing the borders it could mean they will have a surge like no other, instead of catching it in NSW they will bring it home with them................ at least it was a fast run home for most so they couldn't do a Louie The Fly........

Reactions: Disco Duck

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Procedures. One day we'll meet and ill explain why you should be extremely worried when any bureaucracy utters that word

Past a distribution box in the Yarrawonga main drag, adorned with this
20210102_115916.jpg

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
why you should be extremely worried when any bureaucracy utters that word

Especially when "bend over" is mentioned......... actually that often happens anyway..... o_Oo_Oo_O

I just mentioned to Mrs D that since everyone has run for cover we could do a quick run and have a paddle on the Murray as the weather is lovely and water in river, I got the look, the evil eye:chargrined: and she insinuated I would travel all that way just to wave my QUEENSLANDER Flag to someone stuck on the opposite bank:o:biggrin-new:, hadn't thought about the flag part but she was close................ :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: ......................

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Especially when "bend over" is mentioned......... actually that often happens anyway..... o_Oo_Oo_O

I just mentioned to Mrs D that since everyone has run for cover we could do a quick run and have a paddle on the Murray as the weather is lovely and water in river, I got the look, the evil eye:chargrined: and she insinuated I would travel all that way just to wave my QUEENSLANDER Flag to someone stuck on the opposite bank:o:biggrin-new:, hadn't thought about the flag part but she was close................ :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: ......................
No-ones run for cover here yet, lots of folk about. Best wait till the end of Feb, will start likely start to get to hot here soon enough. The Vic side is generally the side you want to be on

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well Ive just mowed my lawn, thank the gods its not the size of the old paddock, beer tastes bluddy nice.......only been home a few weeks and getting toey already........ Go away and think all these mods to van and Jeep, then find I need extra bits to do the job, like money....
Suspension upgrade on Jeep, new shower mixer tap and some tarting up of paint on Big Mal and a fixed broadband aerial for starters......some good Discovery Park specials in Feb, unpowered at Yeppoon looks attractive.

Reactions: Bluey and DRW

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Well Ive just mowed my lawn, thank the gods its not the size of the old paddock, beer tastes bluddy nice.......only been home a few weeks and getting toey already........ Go away and think all these mods to van and Jeep, then find I need extra bits to do the job, like money....
Suspension upgrade on Jeep, new shower mixer tap and some tarting up of paint on Big Mal and a fixed broadband aerial for starters......some good Discovery Park specials in Feb, unpowered at Yeppoon looks attractive.
From experience, once you get to Nambucca Heads its only another 16hrs to the Murray near Tocumwal

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland

What about "bending over backwards" to help?? Is that different to "just bending over"???

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
With clouds overhead and water in the air, what a great time to plan the next tour, Google Maps on the screen and Petrol Spy and Wiki Camps on the phone, it didn't take long to bring the fear of fuel costs to life, its a long way from Quilpie to Winton via Boulia, every town is going to get a good donation from me I think as I like to leave each place out there with full fuel, just in case the next place doesn't have any............. Longreach to Thargomindah on the way home fuel a bit less costly......... but the fuel bill for this run will be higher than normal I fear......... even if we end up at Karumba its going to be a grand fuel bill....... stuff it, its only money so long as we off grid as much as possible we will be right...............

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Think yourself lucky you’re driving a Jeep not a thirsty 4x4
Schools in. 4x4 is a noun, and thirsty is just the adjective for the noun

Maybe you meant not another more thirsty 4x4 .... but of course you know, it's not about what you meant now is it ????

Screen shot'ed, and save in in the "DRW/Drover Jeep retort folder"

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Wow a white box maker doubling as an English teacher, I’ll remember this!!
Its really just Box Maker because the colour is your choice although techically its Expensive Box Maker because, well those boxes are expensive. The non white boxes actually make me Super Expensive Box Maker, but Im preaching to the converted here, youre building a house so youre being bent over right now by a Super Expensive Box Maker. What colour did you pick :behindsofa:

Last edited: