Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Should of closed it before Christmas. We had our lockdown if NSW did not want to close, we could of.
A health offical saying people not getting tested as they are on holidays and do not want to isolate.
I know where I work they force everyone to take 2-3 weeks off every year.
Be hard you booked accommodation away last thing you want to do is get tested. Then isolate for 14 days.

DHHS has told anyone who visited Fountain Gate’s Kmart, Big W, Target, Millers, King of Gifts or Lo Costa stores on Boxing Day between 9 and 11am to get tested and isolate until they receive a negative result.

Um cannot see people doing that be thousands of people. Bit late now 5 days later..

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Me I would be heading west of the Newell Hwy in NSW or into western Victoria if I was a city person.....stay away from any city or coastal resort.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Workmate in Coffs headed up via the Newell packing up tent loading car now. supposed to stay another 4 nights
lucky he setup out the back of family
Does not think it be a peaceful trip like the Newell normally is on the way home
Said let the Wacky Races begin

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Neighbours son ,wife ,2 small kids frantically packing up at the moment.Still will have to get the prod up the snoz and self isolate for 14 days once back in Vic.Their house is holiday rented in Vic so absolute shimozil.!

• Sad
Reactions: Drover

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Happy New Year to all our members.
8BAD8D81-ED9C-4B9D-9414-0E31294748FD.jpeg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Queenslanders interstate might want to start rolling towards home, QLD CHO and Health Minister are saying stand by, no sign of Queen Anna or her Head Prefect Miles so the news will be bad when it comes, possibly thank the Gabba Test for the delay as that would be very unpopular ......

Also they have found traces of the lurgy in the Poo Farms at Bundamba, Merrimac, Wynnum, Bundaberg, Bargara, Victoria Point, Oxley Creek, Goodna, Fairfield, Cairns North, Redcliffe and Nambour, so get out the drum of Glenn 20 @DRW , diesel and a match down the hole so it doesn't creep out.

Reactions: BJM and DRW

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
at least you guys made it @Bluey my mate did as well.. spent 5 hours in a queue to get tested.
Prob catch it queued up in Vic more then he would at Coffs
We spent maybe 15 mins at border crossing at Cobrahm at mmmm around 730 pm it mite have been 800pm ?????

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Yep im home drove all the way 20 hrs belive that i dont but i did it i left an hr or so before crusty ...... i wanted to go forster Newcastle mudgee bathurst cootamundra wagga across to Cobrham..... i knew the newel was there but haveing driven that way before through mudgee i decided that would be not a bad scam but the wife steped in on the way ive found a quicker way but is it a caravan way.... oh yea looks ok .... mmmmm sure...... turn right up here ... mmmmmmm allright but it better be good..... well fair to say the road to kandos was not the best few 25 k bends like seemed like 20 .......20 more 35 k bends i could have stoped the car and pifed her of the edge she still has no idea how mad upset peed off i was at her but i love her ..... so you battel on i had to couldnt turn around we didnt talk for hrs lucky i had a cruiser to take on the battel fair to say i came out on top ..... yea right up top of the bloody hills .....
So crusty mad his way to the newel we where neck and neck all day then as we got close at Finley i took a turn to meet up on the newel he doubled back onto the roads i was on heading to Cobrham over took me as i was at the newel i made my way back to roads i was on he was like 6 cars in front of me at the border crossing snaked me hard but he got there first good on you well done i never thought or knew it was a race but if it was he won i lost ..... but won by default i reckon ......
We met up over the border had a chat he stayed camping i wish i could of but i packed everything in the rain just about ........ boat was still wet and sea water in it annex wet back of car soaked everything in alloy box wet caravan a mess ......i finnished packing 130 am new years eve got up at 3 am left 445am normaly takes me 2 slowish days to pack did the drive stoped many times 20min que at maccas had lunch toilet stops smoke stops i need to get out of the car by myself stops tours through towns we hadnt been to stops drive by tours shopping at cootamundra stop
So i left crusty at cobrahm continued home like a sponge like a wet thong got home 1 am yes thats right 20 hrs behind the wheel thank god i got a cruiser poor thing coped a beating but handeled it well going up my average was 17s 18s comming home havent looked yet ....
I only put 50 liters in at one stop before bathurst wasnt putting much in no caltex or good servo wasnt filling it with no name fule so my calculations will not be compleate but i would have used 20 odd in the hills im still dissapointed i let the misses divert me off my root well she has now anyway lol rock on 2021 cause the start was crap im thinking it will only continue
15 mins maybe at border crossing
It wasnt a race right up to just before you lost :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Here's a pic of you not winning, so 78 one, 200 zero. 78 over all Covid Gift 2021 Corona Dash series winner.

IMG_20210102_082037.jpg

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
you got tested yet.. where he spent 5 hours waiting..
Pretty sure he went through border quick like you guys.
The Yarrawonga Covid testing was nuts, it was out of control, i think it was far far worse than the lines and wait times in Melbourne. We had to queue for freakin minutes ..... about, um 2 .... minutes

I managed to get the entire queue in the pic

20210102_131629-resized-1600.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Mudgee @Bluey , thats goat country, would have run to Dunnedoo then cut to Wellington, Cowra, Coota, Lockhardt, Berrigan, Boorooga though the closer you get to Vic the more the roads seem to dog legs and switch backs................. 1,000km thats was once nearly a good days drive for me, now 300 is enough.

The Yarrawonga Covid testing was nuts,

I could imagine what the border crossing was like there from Mulwalla, normally its a horse's A, so I can imagine it would be chaos with this going on......

Good you all made it over into Dan Land.

Last edited:

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Glad you’re home safe and well you two larrikins I’m sure there would be thousands more stories some not so laughable. I guess your man Dan was p!ssed at you leaving the state and needed to punish you all??
On a brighter note I was up around 7:00am yesterday packed the van and was on the road about 9:00am van parked and unhooked at Daughter’s place by 11:00am and home eating a hamburger at 12:00 spent the afternoon visiting a few friends and had a few beers gave some of our fish away and bed by 9:00pm so yeah was a big day here too!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Glad you’re home safe and well you two larrikins I’m sure there would be thousands more stories some not so laughable. I guess your man Dan was p!ssed at you leaving the state and needed to punish you all??
On a brighter note I was up around 7:00am yesterday packed the van and was on the road about 9:00am van parked and unhooked at Daughter’s place by 11:00am and home eating a hamburger at 12:00 spent the afternoon visiting a few friends and had a few beers gave some of our fish away and bed by 9:00pm so yeah was a big day here too!

Safer toilet as well, nothing lurking down below .............. :becky: :becky: :becky: :becky: :becky:

Reactions: DRW

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
you got tested yet.. where he spent 5 hours waiting..
Pretty sure he went through border quick like you guys.
Would it have been such a stretch to have returning Vic travellers handed test kits in the border check 100mtrs out with the option to stick it up their own nose there and then. Here in Mexico Covid sites self testing was already happening to do it themselves anyway.

If McDonald can build a queuing system, take an order from an a la carte menu, up sell the menu, repeat it back to you, take payment, cook it, and deliver it with minimal contact and then get you out within minutes ..... why didnt we contract the job to them. At least we could have got dinner at the same time

rags

Would it have been such a stretch to have returning Vic travellers handed test kits in the border check 100mtrs out with the option to stick it up their own nose there and then. Here in Mexico Covid sites self testing was already happening to do it themselves anyway.

If McDonald can build a queuing system, take an order from an a la carte menu, up sell the menu, repeat it back to you, take payment, cook it, and deliver it with minimal contact and then get you out within minutes ..... why didnt we contract the job to them. At least we could have got dinner at the same time
If Maccas got the testing gig, going on how they succeed in delivering burgers that look nothing like the ones in the pictures, we would have 15 year old workers sticking test sticks in your ear instead of the nose and putting the samples in the wrong bag.