Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
No top tank, so no choice but pure H2o
Same here, one less thing to worry about.............. I think the additives are more about not letting things grow in there, they don't do a good job though.....should always empty the tank at end of trip.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@Crusty181 ,what sort of "crapper" is that?? No top tank to provide flushing!!
Its civilised, like the ensuite in a 5 star resort in the Seychelles, right near the private plunge pool, in front of the servants quarters ... you dont have that ???

Top tank toilet ??? , is it like this
images.jpeg-10.jpg

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Glorious morning, no rain, no clouds and since I spent hours last week scrubbing and patching the awning I rolled it out to dry before the goobers started to grow again and after brekky it was all dry so back it went and then I started fitting my 2 new solar panels, after a monumental stuff up buying alloy angle, bought wrong size but I found another length in shed so did a bit of Toolman to get the size I wanted, stuck them down with Sikaflex 11FC and 2 x S/S screws in each bracket so should do the job nicely....................... as for testing it will have to wait for the Xmas run where I will run the fridge off 240 but the batteries will run the rest of the gear, actually much the same as normal camping except fridge is usually on gas........... the AC will certainly get a good run I think........ with no portable set up should give me a good indication...............

Message_1608004381741.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Digging around for something and found this, might be handy for those who scrunch 240 cables in door jam to power fridge in tug..... a nifty way to pass the cable in thru the window, no scrunch of cable, no ingress of water if it rains and vehicle is secure.................

still haven't found what I was looking for but found heaps of laughing from years back...... :bounce:..... https://expandasdownunder.com/threads/drovers-14-44-3.4502/page-13

Last edited:
Reactions: Crusty181

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
It’s always fun going over old posts, looking at problems solved in different ways, and the humour between certain members. It is also interesting looking at names of members who were avid posters for a while but no longer appear on the forum. I sometimes wonder why, did they sell their van and replace it with something completely different or maybe stop vanning altogether.

We have come a long way from being an “Expanda ” forum and many members have changed vans, either upsized or downsized or gone for completely different vans, but most members are interested in vans in general, for and against each type, and where they go, so we now have a wide variety of vans, tugs, people and places to visit.

Keep up the good work, folks, and keep this the friendliest and most informative forum around.
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Hey @Bluey looks like no fishing but you will be able to use the boat as a tug,, be a great pic of inflatable towing the 'Cruiser..........

When I saw the paper and looked at the radar I wondered if I should have helped you get going, at least you still have a green zone escape route......

Reactions: Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
and on the last day a fish head hidden underneath his van somewhere............... :becky: ......................... I would have taken photo's of the incident and asked him for his details and insurance company to make a claim just to see where it went........... spray can of fish oil is a quick and easy smell bomb also...........

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
and on the last day a fish head hidden underneath his van somewhere............... :becky: ......................... I would have taken photo's of the incident and asked him for his details and insurance company to make a claim just to see where it went........... spray can of fish oil is a quick and easy smell bomb also...........
You think like a restrained version of me ... you wouldn't have to search for the fish head, you'd clearly see where I put the it, and it would still be connected to its ar$e

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Maybe you could back over the frame before you give it back, of course time it so he's away, drive over it and dump it as a tangle on his draw bar, that sort of thing................ oh the pay back thoughts that run thru my mind, I like the delayed action sort, far more effective....

Now put it all away and enjoy your holiday as I fear the gates might be closing around you soon.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Folks keep an eye on your States Border Restrictions, SA is shutting the gate to NSW at midnight, 14 day deal for residents who miss the boat.... Anna will spark up soon and I imagine Comrade Dan will stand up with his shield to protect his mob and possibly even other Victorians.

Reactions: Boots in Action