Just Browsing First photos of new 2016 expanda mouldings

FiveInAVan

Sep 17, 2015
Brisbane, QLD
There were lots of new vans today, I didn't take much notice of what they were though as I was chasing a toddler around while trying to pick fabrics. One was the expanda with the big dinette, assuming was the 20 or similar. I think the other one I went in must have been a journey. Fabric choices were pretty ordinary. Chose the one I hated least lol. Lots would match floral doona covers....just saying :boink:

FiveInAVan

Sep 17, 2015
Brisbane, QLD
Our van came with same colours on seats and back rests both Cadel do not mind it with kids. As some of those colours will date very very quickly

Agree, was trying to choose a design that wouldn't date too quickly. And dark to hide the dirt from 3 kids! Plus wouldn't clash with the light brown wood decor or make the van look smaller than it is.

Reactions: bigcol

MeganJ

Jan 27, 2016
Adelaide
Our van came with same colours on seats and back rests both Cadel do not mind it with kids. As some of those colours will date very very quickly

We are in the process of ordering also and agree the fabric choices are not good. We have asked to have the seats and backs in the same colour (charcoal) and our saleslady has said she'll order it that way and hope for the best. Fingers crossed!

Cutters

Apr 19, 2015
Victoria
Hi @Sturah , if it makes you feel better, ours is due off the line 15th Feb, I do the obligatory drive by, read stalking of the Jayco dealer every few days in the vein hope that a new expanda will be there. Spoke to them this week and they have given us a tentative date of 25th Feb, pick up. As you are, I believe our whole family can't wait!! If you get your first, make sure you post some pics, we will too!

Not sure the new models look as good as the PDFs but by reading other people's thought, they are better than 2015 model bed end lids.

Had a look at the 2016 full size van today, the bed end lids look good.....really good gald we ordered late in 2015, due late February too so I'll take 3rd place in the race

SMJ x2

Apr 12, 2015
PERTH
We are in the process of ordering also and agree the fabric choices are not good. We have asked to have the seats and backs in the same colour (charcoal) and our saleslady has said she'll order it that way and hope for the best. Fingers crossed!
We weren't fans of the fabric colours last year so ordered the Charcoal with fingers crossed.Delivery day came and first thing I checked was the colour.All charcoal thank god.Dealer told us it is hit and miss wether you get plain colour if ordered.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
We weren't fans of the fabric colours last year so ordered the Charcoal with fingers crossed.Delivery day came and first thing I checked was the colour.All charcoal thank god.Dealer told us it is hit and miss wether you get plain colour if ordered.

funny, Ken said the same to me when we were there picking colours etc
I explained that if its hit & miss with the colours we choose, it would be hit & miss if I paid for it.....

we got our colours

Rusty02

Aug 16, 2015
Brisbane
I would be thinking the same way Bicol. I think the whole caravan industry needs a shake up. On another note; now we know Jayco have gone back to the old style hard lids, maybe we will be able to leave the privacy screens attached? Our 17.56-2 is due off the line on 26/2, after signing up in August last year and rejecting the van in November. It has been a long wait and we still have at least another month before we get it. I would like to see a photo of a 17.56-2 ob so if anyone is stalking the Jayco exit gate, can you please post a picky. Cheers, Chris.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
that is what we have so should end up looking like this

Attachments

• Starcraft 22 u.jpg
    Starcraft 22 u.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 267
Reactions: MeganJ

CrazyMOBB

Feb 2, 2014
Matcham, Central Coast, NSW
I did notice one thing yesterday that for those of us who love to mount tables under the hard lids, I'm pretty sure that there is not enough room to mount these. I only had a quick look at both front and back and back is too close to the lid and maybe could be done on the front but I'm hoping. Love taking a full table.

Reactions: Delano and bigcol

Jeremy Johnson

Sep 6, 2015
North Queensland
I would be thinking the same way Bicol. I think the whole caravan industry needs a shake up. On another note; now we know Jayco have gone back to the old style hard lids, maybe we will be able to leave the privacy screens attached? Our 17.56-2 is due off the line on 26/2, after signing up in August last year and rejecting the van in November. It has been a long wait and we still have at least another month before we get it. I would like to see a photo of a 17.56-2 ob so if anyone is stalking the Jayco exit gate, can you please post a picky. Cheers, Chris.

I reckon there might be a few of us stalking Jayco!!!

One week tomorrow until ours comes off the line. We started the process about July last year, one false start with a 17.56-2, had to cancel due to our tow vehicle weights. Then when we ordered the 16.49-3, missed the last run, now we think we are lucky to get the new model, just took a bit longer than expected. So excited now !!!

Rusty02

Aug 16, 2015
Brisbane
Thanks Sturah, looks good. What did you think of the lids, are they the same as 2013? Not sure if I like all the white on the back, maybe needed black around the bottom.
Cheers, Chris.

Sturah

Oct 29, 2015
BrisVegas
Thanks Sturah, looks good. What did you think of the lids, are they the same as 2013? Not sure if I like all the white on the back, maybe needed black around the bottom.
Cheers, Chris.
I'm not really up on all the lids and did not pack it up. However it does look like it will seal internally as a pose to last years external seal. Wish it was more like this
image.png
a nice raised section to provide strength and rigidity. Apparently

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeremy Johnson

Cutters

Apr 19, 2015
Victoria
I'm not really up on all the lids and did not pack it up. However it does look like it will seal internally as a pose to last years external seal. Wish it was more like this View attachment 38824a nice raised section to provide strength and rigidity. Apparently
Hey Sturah, you only wish it was more like the artist impression because you've been drooling over the pictures for the past few months, give it another few weeks and you'll forget about the picture and you'll be living the dream in your new van....... I know, because I feel the same way

Sturah

Oct 29, 2015
BrisVegas
Hey Sturah, you only wish it was more like the artist impression because you've been drooling over the pictures for the past few months, give it another few weeks and you'll forget about the picture and you'll be living the dream in your new van....... I know, because I feel the same way
You probably right. BUT my worry is that they bring it out in March. This is a standout from the expandas to date and will make a difference in resale day.

I just want mine now. 10 days till it falls off the line
I did play with the handles there big but seem to operate well. Funny but that's what the boss cared about

Reactions: FiveInAVan

Cutters

Apr 19, 2015
Victoria
Interestingly, there is no black mould arond the edges like there is on the full size van.... Yet to see in the flesh, but doesn't it look a little unfinished???
On second thoughts it appears the corner along the roof line is formed around from the top to the side as one piece, I suppose that one point less that could develop a leak !!

Last edited: