Just Browsing First photos of new 2016 expanda mouldings

Cutters

Apr 19, 2015
Victoria
So guys! Those who are eagerly Waiting the arival of their new baby (2016 panda, or the "kinder surprise" as the kids refer to it), what's the first mod you have planned and even more importantly where are you off to on you first trip???
I plan to make a bike rack of some description to hold 4 bike and will do a weekender away at Mt Franklin (about an hour away from home) just to give it a test run before going away for a much needed Easter break. Easter will be 12 months since we decided to upgrade from our much loved 1994 eagle. We came home after last Easters trip away and sold the camper a week later. So it's been a long wait for all of us!!!!
We're all excited now

Jeremy Johnson

Sep 6, 2015
North Queensland
Hi All, @Cutters

Received an update from our dealer a few weeks ago, if all goes to plan ours will be available around 25th Feb, first trip away 27th Feb. Won't have much time for mods but we think the following will be high on the list.

List of trips
Rollingstone Beach
Murray Falls
Conway Beach
Tinaroo

1. Tool box on draw bar
2. Bike rack, might have made an error of judgement here and not preordered from Jayco?
3. Extra battery for free camping
4. Inverter for additional power
5. Stone stomper not really a mod, but we want to look after it
6. Convert fridge to Anderson plug from car? Need to do more research
7. Spare tyre to rear bumper?
8. Additional led lighting
9. Line and protect under chassis from rock damage, dirt roads.
10. Stubby opener
11. Tables brooms other misc. items to install under bed lids if possible with new bed lids.
12. Filter foam across all air vents.

I actually drive past Jayco every second or third day in hope of seeing a new model. I really hope someone will post some photos soon.

Last edited:

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I think most of the camping areas are open but the area immediately around the sink hole...or whatever they're now calling it....has been closed off.

Not sure how many sites have gone but that area is definately restricted.

We've never been to the caravan park near Inskip. Any feedback?

Also, we've gone off Inskip recently due to noise, etc. More groups now seem to go there for a raucous booze up rather than a quiet time. A shame, really, as it was always great particularly the sunset over the passage.

Reactions: Delano and DRW

Rusty02

Aug 16, 2015
Brisbane
Hi @Rusty02 ,
Do you stay at inskip pt or at the caravan park at Rainbow. Have you heard whether the camp grounds have reopened after the sink hole appeared?
Hi Holden Man, we stay at Carlo point. It is a bit quieter there, just have to spray for sand flies. I would think Inskip would be open now, just setup well back from the beach

Reactions: Delano

Cutters

Apr 19, 2015
Victoria
Hi All, @Cutters

Received an update from our dealer a few weeks ago, if all goes to plan ours will be available around 25th Feb, first trip away 27th Feb. Won't have much time for mods but we think the following will be high on the list.

List of trips
Rollingstone Beach
Murray Falls
Conway Beach
Tinaroo

1. Tool box on draw bar
2. Bike rack, might have made an error of judgement here and not preordered from Jayco?
3. Extra battery for free camping
4. Inverter for additional power
5. Stone stomper not really a mod, but we want to look after it
6. Convert fridge to Anderson plug from car? Need to do more research
7. Spare tyre to rear bumper?
8. Additional led lighting
9. Line and protect under chassis from rock damage, dirt roads.
10. Stubby opener
11. Tables brooms other misc. items to install under bed lids if possible with new bed lids.
12. Filter foam across all air vents.

I actually drive past Jayco every second or third day in hope of seeing a new model. I really hope someone will post some photos soon.
Hi Jeremy, that's one list you have, you mentioned pre-ordering a bike rack from jayco. I wasn't offered the option. What bike rack you they have fitted and where would they mount it? I'm in the process of wiring out how I'm going to do mine!

Cutters

Apr 19, 2015
Victoria
Hi @Cutters, first mod is GPS tracking, installed it into the old panda and provided peace of mind that she was always going to be where I left it, or be able to locate it if it wasn't.

First trip, South West Rocks for Easter.....if it arrives in time!
Hi Holden man, GPS tracker sounds good, never thought about it. You mentioned you had one on you other van, is there any particular model you recommend? Where's the best place to get one from? I might do the same

Reactions: Delano

Jeremy Johnson

Sep 6, 2015
North Queensland
Hi @Cutters , we didn't order the bike rack through Jayco, but apparently you can have reinforced bed lids that will hold bikes if you tell Jayco prior to ordering. I am not sure this is fact by the way, I have read it somewhere on one of these threads/forums, it might not be true, hence my question mark. I haven't discussed with Jayco.

Cant wait for end of February.

Jeremy Johnson

Sep 6, 2015
North Queensland
upload_2016-1-27_9-13-46.png

Bike rack image from another thread @Cutters

Reactions: Delano and Cutters

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
We usually stay in MV Sarawak, there is a section which has absolute beachfront known by the locals as "Millionaires Row" but had heard it was closed. Have been there the last couple years during either June/July or Sept school hols. Haven't stayed at Carlo Point.
With getting a brand new Lotus and a LC200 wouldn't you have a reserved spot on "Millionaires Row"?

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
The sink hole could then be called the money pit?

I had a look online at Carlo .....seems rather expensive???

Reactions: Holden_man

Cutters

Apr 19, 2015
Victoria
Hi @Cutters,
I am working through which one now, my old one was on the 2G network which Telstra will turn off this year, so have to look into 3G. will let you know when i decide on a model, but be careful if you do decide to go and grab one, that its 3G, the cheap ones all over Ebay are 2G.

HM
Thanks for the heads up, I'll wait for your info and buy the same!!! You can do the hard yards and I'll tag along at the end

FiveInAVan

Sep 17, 2015
Brisbane, QLD
Oooh exciting! The new models are on the Jayco website. I can see what I have just ordered! Loving the small changes to the interior of the Starcraft but must admit I preferred the orange on the exterior (and the green of the expanda). But that black logo is still pretty swish on both of them!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-02-19-32-37.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-02-19-32-37.png
    567.5 KB · Views: 203
Reactions: 17triton and dagree