Burnsie's Unexpected 17.56-2 Outback

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Alright had some time this arvo to work on the van for a few hours and got a few things done in prep for some upcoming trips

Received the TV Mount and installed

View attachment 35594 View attachment 35595 View attachment 35596

A couple of hooks, nice and simple but so useful

View attachment 35597

Mounted the sensor light for the kids when using the toilet at night

View attachment 35598 View attachment 35599

Got the Gas Fuses installed

View attachment 35600 View attachment 35601

And finally picked up a table from the big green shed

View attachment 35602
hey bro where did you get that mount for the tv mite do the same

burnsie

Jan 29, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
Booked the van in for it's first service this week up at Northside Caravan Repairs. Getting some of the warranty items sorted out at the same time. Based on other feedback @dagree they come recommended locally

Anything I should be looking out for?

First thing I have noticed is that the place is located at the back of a set of workshops.....good luck backing that in, think I will drive it straight in and they can move it around for me :)

Reactions: bigcol

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
@burnsie Northside were recommended to me by Caravanland when organising warranty work and they did a great job and very friendly and knew what they are talking about.

First thing I have noticed is that the place is located at the back of a set of workshops.....good luck backing that in, think I will drive it straight in and they can move it around for me :)
All's good as you just drive in..... they come out and chock the van wheels.... disconnect the van and you drive off. They then move it as required with a forklift.

When picking up they leave the van facing the road so just need to back up and they do all the hooking up.

I did call in once and they did a minor repair there and then while hooked up but there is a large truck parking area out the back just big enough to turn around in if no trucks there....... Just be careful if you have a standard drawbar and a box on it :oops: :oops: :oops: (Remember my pic of the Prado bumper ;) )

burnsie

Jan 29, 2015
Perth
Thought I would provide some feedback on my recent service provided by Northside Caravan Repairs.

Drop the van off yesterday morning place opens at 7am but were there at 6:50am when I arrived, was welcomed in, told be where to park, they un-hitched, chocked and I was able to turn around ready for my departure. One of the service guys had my paperwork with him and advised that a service will be performed and also some warranty work, he then went through the list with me and physically confirmed the work required.

I advised that if possible could I leave it there overnight and collect in the morning, "not a problem" was the response. Got a call that afternoon to advise that the van is finished and ready for collection if my circumstances had changed but they confirmed they could keep it overnight.

Went there this morning to collect it once again nice and early, they pulled it out of their workshop, hitched it up and I was ready to be on my way. Went into the office had a chat to the service guys, paid what I owed them and headed off within about 15mins.

Overall a fantastic experience would recommend the highly for anyone in Perth and north of the river, requiring warranty work, service or repairs.

burnsie

Jan 29, 2015
Perth
Forgot to mention, also pulled the van with the new GVM upgrade (Suspension & Bags) and without the WDH and WOW......

Connected the van up and the back of the Prado did not move, I pumped the bags up to 20PSI (about level) and took it for a spin (well to get it serviced) pulled really well, looks like that McHitch is on the cards earlier than anticipated :)

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Didn't think you would be disappointed @burnsie

Only downside is they don't (well didn't) have eftpos machine. Called in soon after getting the van to pick up the cgear mat and don't take cards :o
No probs says Mike...... Here's the invoice.... Got bank details on it just transfer when you get home :D

Reactions: bigcol

burnsie

Jan 29, 2015
Perth
Only downside is they don't (well didn't) have eftpos machine.

Yeah they have an Eftpos machine now, I paid by Eftpos this morning ;)

Just make sure you book early @willobee if you go to Northside.... Can be a few weeks wait but will fit in if urgent warranty work!

Agree with @dagree, booked mine about 4 weeks ago for yesterday's service and warranty work.

Reactions: SMJ x2 and dagree

SMJ x2

Apr 12, 2015
PERTH
Booked the van in for it's first service this week up at Northside Caravan Repairs. Getting some of the warranty items sorted out at the same time. Based on other feedback @dagree they come recommended locally

Anything I should be looking out for?

Do you live northern suburbs burnsie