Burnsie's Unexpected 17.56-2 Outback

SMJ x2

Apr 12, 2015
PERTH
Jurien was on our to do list - haven't been there since Adam played full back for the Jerusalem All Stars
had a look recently, and was quite impressed with how much better it was than my memory
I am reluctant to take her to Willowbrook as it will be a first for her and being a farm I don't want her to be rounding up the animals and getting banned :o She is only 8 months old now and a border collie.Thought we would take her somewhere near the beach which she loves.

Reactions: dagree

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
at all Caravan Parks I have been to that allow Dogs - they must be on a Lead at all times outside of the Van

stands to reason really, your lovely boisterous 8 month old may scare the %$&*^ out of some little 4 year old if loose and playing..... (the dog, not the bratt.....)

always good to get them while they are young to know that, in the Van - I have rules as well

my old boy used to pine away if he knew we were going away without him - used to stay on the lead no problemo's
he was an Akita Inu - so apart from 12mm Stainless Steel Cable, nothing could hold him back if he wanted to go "visit" - snapped many many chains....
but
if I told him to sit and stay - he would, even under intense provocation

Shenz.JPG

SMJ x2

Apr 12, 2015
PERTH
at all Caravan Parks I have been to that allow Dogs - they must be on a Lead at all times outside of the Van

stands to reason really, your lovely boisterous 8 month old may scare the %$&*^ out of some little 4 year old if loose and playing..... (the dog, not the bratt.....)

always good to get them while they are young to know that, in the Van - I have rules as well

my old boy used to pine away if he knew we were going away without him - used to stay on the lead no problemo's
he was an Akita Inu - so apart from 12mm Stainless Steel Cable, nothing could hold him back if he wanted to go "visit" - snapped many many chains....
but
if I told him to sit and stay - he would, even under intense provocation

View attachment 33103
Just to clarify I am aware of the CP policey of dogs on leads at all times,I am just concerned if she does get loose at a farm.
She will be 1 yr old when we get the van and intend to spend a few nights in it at home to get her used to it.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I had a tradesman trailer made mesh to go from trailer to the ground which dog went underneath instead of chaining up worked very well little gate in it people loved it the dog too

Reactions: burnsie

burnsie

Jan 29, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
Well we finally slept in the van on the weekend, it was bloody cold........ awaiting the delivery of my amphibian so couldn't run the van off power just yet. So far everything work well especially the toilet, can't believe we ever thought of getting a van without one with the 3 kids.

Also finally started adding some of the bits and pieces to the van

Clear roof skirt install

IMG_2504.JPG

IMG_2503.JPG

Still trying to decide where to put these....any suggestions

IMG_2505.JPG

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
We originally looked around for a camper trailer and ended up driving away with a 16' with toilet/shower..... Best move ever and wouldn't go without now. Next van will have the full ensuite in place of the combo!

burnsie

Jan 29, 2015
Perth
Finally we are getting away for our shakedown trip.......

Booked down at Big 4 Peppermint Park Busselton for 3 days this weekend, we leave tomorrow :)

Stayed there a few times with the tent etc so thought it would be a good candidate for a shakedown, plus there is always lots to do down there.

It's only about 2.5hrs south from Perth so it will give me a good stint with towing the van and getting familiar......

Updates and Pics to follow...

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
We stayed there just after they opened. Have looked through there afterwards and it has improved (More shade etc than originally)
Enjoy the shakedown and safe travels!

burnsie

Jan 29, 2015
Perth
So about to kick off the 12V work on the van and have already come up against a nice easy one for someone Setec ST35-III

Once this is sorted I have to work out what the best way will be to install the additional mainly 12v sockets around the van. So far I have below options

1. Install a Fuse box and connect them all up into this and then run this directly off the battery
2. Install the Fuse box with a battery shut off switch and turn them on when free camping or when required
3. Connect them all up to the battery directly (Assume they will then always be on
4. If enough space on the Setec connect them up to an additional load point, although I think the max on these is 15A whilst most of the additional 12v sockets come in at max 20A.

Would like to get some feedback on how most people have connected their additional 12v devices in the van and whether they have them active all the time or only when the battery switch is activated etc

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Wired ours directly into the setec @burnsie
Only planning to use them for charging phones, laptops etc so not too woried about the 20A rating... Just have to remember to use one at a time if using for anything else

Reactions: burnsie

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I havent gotten my thumb out of my *um yet for this Van
but

on my old Flamingo, I had 2 power points for the 12V - and instead of being white - I had Chocolate Brown
just so I knew which ones to plug into when on 12V

I also had a master switch which was wired to the battery

turn on switch, use 12V power point
turn off switch when not in use

as per @dagree it was only for charging Lappies and phones

I also had 2 power points wired through a 2000W Pure Sine Inverter, which was wired to the battery
incase I needed 240V for anything while off the mains power

I was slowly getting my Flamingo ready for Free camping, but never did any..........

Reactions: burnsie and dagree

burnsie

Jan 29, 2015
Perth
Just finished the first electrical mod to the van, the installation of the Gas/Co detector, all up fairly straight forward and looking forward to some more "12V additions & upgrades"

IMG_2669.JPG

IMG_2667.JPG

IMG_2674.JPG

Thanks @TRAKADU for helping me source the unit and also to @dagree for the install tips

As per most peoples comments on here lets hope we don't ever have to use it..