Bill's Jeep GC Laredo MY14

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts - which brings me to my next comments - just want to say (like others before me) - what a great forum this is - we are mix of a diverse range of people (ages, jobs etc) - we all encourage each other, offer constructive criticism/advice when we can (based on our own individual skills/experiences etc). We manage to do this without descending into the nastiness that appears sometimes on a different general caravan forum that I also read.
Thanks Mr and Mrs Expanda for creating this forum - what dedication - you don't even have an Expanda anymore!! Also thanks to the staff members as well - they know who they are.........

Bill, could not say it better myself, it is very refreshing not to be criticised on every post with "you are wrong I am right" etc and the young ones here are good for some friendly banter as well.

If you enjoy the Jeep as much as we do you will be a happy man (even though I wish I could afford a Range Rover)

Cheers
Dave

Reactions: Billrw136

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Well noticed Bushman - tow bars are arriving in a week or two - will be installed along with reversing camera at 1000km/1 month free service. Just as well we are not in a position to use the van at the moment.
Does yours have the knee airbags bill?
Apparently you have to watch what brake controller is installed so that it does not get in the way of the airbags.
Will be interesting on what you think of the tow bar. My fathers sleeve on his was really tight. Not to mention Jeep stuffed up the wiring.

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Does yours have the knee airbags bill?
Apparently you have to watch what brake controller is installed so that it does not get in the way of the airbags.
Will be interesting on what you think of the tow bar. My fathers sleeve on his was really tight. Not to mention Jeep stuffed up the wiring.
Yes - knee air bags - the dealer does the basic tow bar fit - anything else will be done by local 4WD shop that I have been going to for years - they are very good - work on the Discovery was first rate.

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
looks good mate. Can't wait to hear an update on it as you have it longer and start towing etc. Interested in fuel consumption as most probably are.
How is the customisable instrument panel? Are you able to also move the speedo around to exactly where you want it?

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
looks good mate. Can't wait to hear an update on it as you have it longer and start towing etc. Interested in fuel consumption as most probably are.
How is the customisable instrument panel? Are you able to also move the speedo around to exactly where you want it?
Haven't fiddled with the instrument panel yet - as to the speedo you can set it to display either analog or digital - see photos in next post.........

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Further photos -
P1040701.jpg
P1040703.jpg
P1040705.jpg
P1040706.jpg
P1040708.jpg
P1040709.jpg
P1040710.jpg

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Looks great. I've got a granite crystal arriving in November. Mmm... perhaps I should have went the white. Keep us updated with any mods. Btw have you had any problems with the climate control and U connect?

SilverFox

Aug 27, 2012
ACT
Looks great. I've got a granite crystal arriving in November. Mmm... perhaps I should have went the white. Keep us updated with any mods. Btw have you had any problems with the climate control and U connect?
Hey BigSkiddy,

My Jeep GC 2012 had problems with the UConnect not connecting to my mobile phone, but after the latest software update was installed during its first service, I've not had a problem since.

As for the climate control. Never had an issue. I'm very happy with mine.

Cheers

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Hey BigSkiddy,

My Jeep GC 2012 had problems with the UConnect not connecting to my mobile phone, but after the latest software update was installed during its first service, I've not had a problem since.

As for the climate control. Never had an issue. I'm very happy with mine.

Cheers
Hi SilverFox,
Yeah I think everyone has their fingers crossed for a software update soon. Despite the issues people are still happy with their vehicles. See this thread on Jeep Garage re problems. But that said there hasn't been a huge response considering the number of vehicles sold, so the problem may not be that widespread.
http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2014-grand-cherokee-problems-australia-63637.html

The Grand Cherokee outsold Prado for July 2013
http://www.caradvice.com.au/244994/new-car-sales-figures-july-2013/

Cheers

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Wow @Billrw136 that looks like a rocket ship! Love the fancy dash, you'll have to remember to watch the road sometimes and not get distracted by the fancy lights. Have fun!

Reactions: Billrw136

SilverFox

Aug 27, 2012
ACT
Hi SilverFox,
Yeah I think everyone has their fingers crossed for a software update soon. Despite the issues people are still happy with their vehicles. See this thread on Jeep Garage re problems. But that said there hasn't been a huge response considering the number of vehicles sold, so the problem may not be that widespread.
http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2014-grand-cherokee-problems-australia-63637.html

The Grand Cherokee outsold Prado for July 2013
http://www.caradvice.com.au/244994/new-car-sales-figures-july-2013/

Cheers

Hi BigSkiddy,

Thanks.

I always keep an eye out for the Technical Service Bulletin's, and if there are any recalls for the Jeep GC here...

http://wk2jeeps.com/wk2_tsb.htm

I couldn't find any bulletins for the 2014 GC related to UConnect or climate control in the link I've posted here. Although I do remember that there have been a couple of UConnect software updates and a notice on the poor performance of the A/C, but not for the 2014 Jeep.

Cheers

Luis