Bill's Jeep GC Laredo MY14

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Well - took the van to Mittagong today - fuel use 13.2 l/100k - on the way back home without van 6.6 - very happy with these figures.
Transmission temp - highest noted 95 degrees.
The Jeep towed van easily.

Reactions: SilverFox

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Well, just brought the van back from Mittagong today - decided to see what difference speed would have on fuel consumption - sat on no more than 90km/hour (except when going down hill!) - only used 10.5l/100km - amazing.
Elapsed time was only a bit longer....
Even happier now......

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
ARB colour coded to car - looks good, but I am biased - photos tomorrow or Thursday - too dark tonight when I got it home to take good photos.

UHF sits in the centre console - uses power from socket there - controls are in the microphone which plugs into socket next to unit when being used. When not being used this is stored in centre console. Aerial on bullbar LHS.

Reactions: twscoot

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Some photos.......

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

As can be seen from previous two photos the centre console seems made for the UHF - it picks up power from outlet already in their. The hand piece has all controls on it so I don't have to touch the main unit. The hand piece plugs into the socket visible in photo and the lead runs out to the right side of the console through a slot that seems made for it - thanks Jeep!

Last edited:

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Bill. First impressions of the extra weight? Do you notice it much? Have you got quadralift and did this level things out for you?
Cheers
Andrew

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Bill. First impressions of the extra weight? Do you notice it much? Have you got quadralift and did this level things out for you?
Cheers
Andrew
Hi Andrew - haven't noticed extra weight so far, though have probably only driven for about 50km since fitting (installer only about 2km from home). Having said that the road to my house is not good - doesn't feel any different on the severely undulating section!
I don't have quadralift - didn't have air suspension on my Disco 3 either (had some King springs fitted to give some lift) - Jeep feels much nicer than the Disco did.
Looking forward to getting my new van in July and trying out the Jeep properly as a tow vehicle.
Regards
Bill

Reactions: twscoot