2013 Jayco range released

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
well just seen new fabrics and color schemes for this years models ,thank god we decided to buy last year. not too impressed.

Lol Bigbertha, a lot of us said that when the 2012 colours came out too. They tend to grow on you. I think the Wavenet deapsea with cadel deepsea will prove popular. It is quite similar to the Navywaves from 2011 which they couldn't get enough of.

Lol Bigbertha, a lot of us said that when the 2012 colours came out too. They tend to grow on you. I think the Wavenet deapsea with cadel deepsea will prove popular. It is quite similar to the Navywaves from 2011 which they couldn't get enough of.

The Deapsea ones do look quite good in the flesh. The Charcoal isn't too bad either, but possibly a bit busy...

A flat leather option would have been great though :)

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Gee, i wish they'd update their web site to reflect what can bee seem else where. Liking the new starcraft versions. Retirement is looking good for towing a normal size equipped van nowadays. Pace.

JaycoQ

Jan 7, 2013
Highton, Geelong, Vic
We ordered the new 20.63 at the beginning at Jan based on a layout plan. Can you imagine walking into toyota to buy a car and being offered for 50k plus a car that seats 5 has an engine in the front and boot in the rear.???? This will be our 4th Jayco in 6 years so although we know they are not the best out there, nothig comes close when comparing value for money and resale.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
We called into the local Jayco dealer and had a bit of a look. I liked the new cabinet colour, looks a touch darker than 2012. The 17-56-2 also had dark bench tops, not a real fan of that but we are all different. The Truma AC looks slim line, someone just needs to show the installers there is a tool called a square. Terrible fit, so far out of square it wasnt funny. We also saw a van with the white interior (not expanda), it lightened up the room but it had a few marks on it and they really stood out.

It was quite a hot day today and the thing we noticed was that the 18's were much cooler than the poptops. So I think next one will be an 18 of some description. I think we will wait a year, gives me more time to get good at towing the 16.

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
We ordered the new 20.63 at the beginning at Jan based on a layout plan. Can you imagine walking into toyota to buy a car and being offered for 50k plus a car that seats 5 has an engine in the front and boot in the rear.???? This will be our 4th Jayco in 6 years so although we know they are not the best out there, nothig comes close when comparing value for money and resale.
Can't imagine walking into Toyota full stop!.......Flame suit on.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I agree, so living on their past reputation. Their moto, "make what we want to, they will buy it". If you doubt that comment, then how many Hilux twin cab utes have been bought by forum users recently. Zzzzzzzz, that is the sound of the fishing line just waiting for a bite.

I have had a few Toyota's in the past. Enough of that, new Holden released tomorrow live stream for us boguns.

Geoff the BT50 owner:)

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Curious. My 2011 16.49.1 poptop OB has high mounted external speakers (speaker backs are in the shoulder height internal cupboards).

The 2 x internal speakers are low mounted in the back floor cupboard (in the space under the rear mattress).

Likewise in our 16-49-3

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Heading into work tonight, saw a truck load of expandas going outbound on the western hwy (going opposite way). As allready described yes saw the new wheels and from what else i could make out the decals could be different too, though they were both touring and outback models on the truck. Cheers Pace.

Finny

Feb 12, 2013
Mackay
Led lighting 2013 model 17.56-2 OB

I ordered a new 17.56-2 OB Expanda on the 15th November.

Regarding the LED lights - the document specifically noted 'rolling stock update' (even though other Jayco vans already have LED as standard). I had the dealer ring the factory to double check and then I had it written on the contract that my Expanda must have LED lights fitted and opted for the 2nd production run in March.

Hey Ligedy, my 2013 17.56-2OB is turning up on the first week of April. My dealer said it was too early for LeD lights- personally I don't think he has looked into it for us. How did you find out about this "March" delivery date being the pivotal date for LeD or no LED lighting.

Ligedy

Oct 13, 2012
Mackay
I can't confirm a pivotal date...

But I was sitting in the Jayco dealer's office when he rang the 'factory' to confirm all the upgrade features and specifically LEDs due to the rolling stock update comment and was told March - only then, I signed the contract knowing the van would be delivered 4 months away (plenty of time I thought).

All I can confirm is the factory sign off sheet specifically said it was NOT likely my van would em...

We rang the factory again and was told due to supply issues with new style fittings it would be the following month...

I guess when they release the new brochure / marketing info they'll have to commit.

Good luck with your van - it will be great either way.

Reactions: Finny

Finny

Feb 12, 2013
Mackay
Thanks Ligedy,
Due to the lack of information relating to the 2013 standard/option items I have had to order in ignorance of specific detail, like LED lighting. Even the different distributors seemed to have conflicting views on what was standard and what was not. I have learn't more from this site then talking to any distributor.

I hear what you are saying, "it will be great either way", I just don't want to be 'touched'.

Thanks again.
Finny

dkjbnj

Sep 15, 2012
Hi All

Well wait is over our jayco dealer sent some photos today. So for those who whant to see what a 2013 18 footer look like here it is.

Offside of Expanda with External Shower &  Light.jpgRear Bike Carrier & Spare Wheel.jpg

Hope this works

Regards David