Venting, ranting, whinging and all things political

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
most countries banning flights from UK. Now it escaped in Brisbane.
Even those full on lab suits not 100% guard not catch something :)

The border thing 48 hours would of been about right before 14 days isolation.
They said today only 45% of 60,000 who came home been tested.
You have to think are those 55% now 6 days on staying at home if they not bothered getting tested.

Vaccine roll out supposed to be done Oct.. See how we go numbers wise.
Lots of anti vaxers and lots or people worried it rushed out before testing.
Interesting to see how many get it.

So I agree with a article we be years with this.. Might need to work out ways to contain without people grabbing all the dunny paper and panic mode when 3 cases

Reactions: Boots in Action

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
Cheer up...............you could be living in the good old US of A.
Haven't they lived up to their reputation as the leaders of the free world ?? Very impressive !!
You could have Trump as the main man in Australia....... there would be no care in that case. That sort of behaviour would not be seen in MOST third world countries and certainly wouldn't be tolerated
I think our leaders are at least trying. They don't get it all right , but mostly they are pretty close.
I have said before and will repeat, I am so glad I am not in their shoes. What a crap job for no money !!!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Depends which brand beer :)
Fosters no one would be :)
Maybe they should put it in Corona's

Then you would impinge on the wine/tea/coffee/metho drinkers rights for some damn reason, not to mention those that prefer a zero beer................. zero beer/wine makes as much sense as Vegan cheese...................aarrgghh........

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
yes @Drover maybe needles easier
like how can this be called meatloaf as no meat

1610058559112.png

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
I think our leaders are at least trying. They don't get it all right , but mostly they are pretty close.
The best quotation seen on this subject for a while. Who would really want to make all the decisions and have it on their conscience for any mistakes made? No matter how bad we think things are, we are still well ahead of the USA (the home of the brave and the land of the free) perhaps should be "home of the stupid and the land of the idiots". And the Brits are a case of too little, too late!!

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Well said @Crusty181 im sure we could have driven the hume who would know apart from tolls if i or you went that way well not you at 55 bucks but you mite ........ both of could us have gone round tolls get money out of bank to use cash at lunch and servos no trace ..
Im sure if i pulled out cash could have gone to umina kept my site evan left early who the bloody hell would know
Instead ive lost my site cancelled on me after 3 years to get a good one bugger ........

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I see Melbourne has cancelled Australia Day Celebrations but is looking at allowing mobs to have protest marches... Is stupidity a UNI Degree down there and a mandatory requirement to be part of any sort of government down there or what ?????????

They need to stop all incoming passenger flights, no sob stories just ban them and freight aircrew fully isolated and tested.......... As usual in emergency situations the last people to find out the latest is the poor buggers on the ground who implement the decisions, thats been around for 40 years or more and doesn't seem to have changed with Pollies and their lickers going for the Sound Byte/Photo Op first.................

Once this is all over in a year or so if I lived in a city, Melb/Sydney/Brisbane, I would certainly be looking at options to get out...

Stay safe and sane my friends and @Boots in Action you should have stayed longer with the sand flies.

PS: I think we are lucky with the Gabba test next weekend or we all might be locked down..................

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
finally, the Australian government has today made some correct decisions.

Short summary:
1: Masks to be worn on all domestic and international flights.
2: Rapid testing of all passengers before boarding for flights coming into Australia from the UK. Must have a negative result before boarding.
3: Normal testing of all other international passengers before and after international flights. Must have a negative result before boarding.
4: International arrival caps have been halved until at least February 15th.

They need also to quarantine all flight crew in every state. Haven't read anything about that today.

take care
Mike

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
thanks @mikerezny
Still rather them send people remote if they have to bring them in.
The interesting part is they are not all stuck Australians. 14,270 non locals landed in Nov 2020.
So not all stuck Aussies coming in.. Been lots of people FIFO during COVID as well

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Hi,
finally, the Australian government has today made some correct decisions.

Short summary:
1: Masks to be worn on all domestic and international flights.
2: Rapid testing of all passengers before boarding for flights coming into Australia from the UK. Must have a negative result before boarding.
3: Normal testing of all other international passengers before and after international flights. Must have a negative result before boarding.
4: International arrival caps have been halved until at least February 15th.

They need also to quarantine all flight crew in every state. Haven't read anything about that today.

take care
Mike

Suppose 10 mths late better than never, can't believe the lax testing of Quarantine workers and air crew, shows they weren't really serious about the whole thing and now still letting folk in from world hot spots...........................crazy...

Still there numb nuts out there whinging about the restrictions, it wouldn't take very long for our hospitals to be stuffed if things got away like in Europe but they don't seem to realise how quickly it could go to crap here.................

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
thanks @mikerezny
Still rather them send people remote if they have to bring them in.
The interesting part is they are not all stuck Australians. 14,270 non locals landed in Nov 2020.
So not all stuck Aussies coming in.. Been lots of people FIFO during COVID as well

Hi,
yes, I would rather they quarantined them in remote areas with dedicated fifo staff on rotating shifts.
Mandatory jail sentences for arrivals who breach conditions they agreed and signed before departure.

Immediate blocking of ALL flights for at least 28 days for any State that has a quarantine outbreak. Resumption dependent on identifying what caused the outbreak and sign-off on procedures implemented to prevent reoccurence.
Immediate restrictions on visitors to aged-care, hospitals, jails, and any other places with vulnerable people. All staff in these areas to be rapid tested frequently.

Another alternative would be to halt all international arrivals until enough vaccine is available to make vaccination compulsory to get into Australia.
There is a case, that if transmission is very low in Australia, to use all our allocation to vaccinate all international arrivals, keeping some on hand to slowly roll out vaccination to vulnerable people, front-line workers etc.

take care
Mike

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
you need two jabs a month apart. So one on the way in not really help.

Vic they still working out ways to bring Chinese students in as well :(
Hi,
I am aware that one needs two jabs. People have no trouble booking flights a month or more ahead. So they will have no trouble finding the time to get the two jabs and a certificate to show as they get their swab before they get on the plane.

take care
Mike

Reactions: Bluey

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Well, we got caught today. I arranged earlier this week to go and spend today with my daughter, S-I-L, and grand daughter In Brisbane. We took off around around 8.30, reached south Brisbane when we had the news on at 9.00. Greater Brisbane going in to lockdown. That’s OK, we live on the Gold Coast. On the way home at 4.00 we heard anyone who has been in greater Brisbane since 2nd January must also lock down. Bingo !!! We are now locked down, admittedly only 3 days, but guess who has tickets for the Heat BBL game at Metricon stadium Sunday evening. >:(
As one who has rubbished people who won’t obey the rules laid down by our various leaders, I now have to eat humble pie and sit at home for the next three days just because I don’t have a radio or tv on first thing in the morning. Not only did we not get a lot of warning, they have backdated the visit date by a week so there must be a lot more people caught out, even people just going to work.
Usual problem of a traffic jam north of the CBD, 25 minutes to do less than a km. Turns out traffic blocked because there was an extra right turn lane into a supermarket. The extra lane was only about 100 metres long and could not accommodate all the cars wanting to turn In for their panic buying. Stupid gits. :argue: