Venting, ranting, whinging and all things political

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
$#@%^ &*%$# *& (*&^%$ @!#$% *******# and a few more choice words............................ pulled apart and fixed my printer and 2 sheets later it comes up with the same stupid error again, seems to think it has some other print head fitted, $#@% ^%&$#@, it now lives in the red lid wheely bin......$#@% thing.................
Oh look at the time , beer oclock.............................. :)
Love the language Drover. That is a true sailor talking !! o_O

Did you try to diconnect and uninstall the printer. Reboot the computer. Connect and install the printer again??

And for something different.
The chief of defence has written to the Governor General to strip the Meritorious Unit Citation from the SAS members who seved in that unit.
I would like for us all to go to the website, voiceofaveteran.org and sign the petition on behalf of our Vets, who have been accused of misconduct without proof or day in court to defend themselves of these scurrilous accusations.
I just signed it Johnanbev !! Happy to do so. :)

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Did you try to diconnect and uninstall the printer. Reboot the computer. Connect and install the printer again

That and more even dismantled the damn thing, cleaned printer head and cleaning pads, rebooted whole thing worked for awhile the the RED Warning, built in self destruct after 5 years I think, if it wasn't that they make such a mess I would have run over the damn thing but they are hell to clean up......

Reactions: Disco Duck

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
You are a jinx @Drover, I have just spent 3 hours trying to get my Canon printer to respond to my PC laptop as well as Mrs CR’s PC. The dammed thing printed from my iPad, but the iPad does not have the fonts we wanted. I ended up downloading new software and resetting the LAN before it would respond with one page at a time. Still not happy with it but don’t need it for a while so it is now in the “too hard basket”. >:(

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
you heading home @Crusty181 before you stuck on that side?

Not the best time of year to let it get out of control. Hope NSW get on top of it.
Although not shutting things down just allowing 10 people at home and 300 in a pub might not be enough.
Map really shown it spread around.

They think it someone who tested negative and left after 14 days.. Been many times O/S people not showed anything to after the magical 14 days.
Honestly we are an island.. stop letting people in or send them off shore for 21 days.
Wonder if it was an airline crew who self isolate overnight, although a few been caught going out.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
you heading home @Crusty181 before you stuck on that side?

Not the best time of year to let it get out of control. Hope NSW get on top of it.
Although not shutting things down just allowing 10 people at home and 300 in a pub might not be enough.
Map really shown it spread around.

They think it someone who tested negative and left after 14 days.. Been many times O/S people not showed anything to after the magical 14 days.
Honestly we are an island.. stop letting people in or send them off shore for 21 days.
Wonder if it was an airline crew who self isolate overnight, although a few been caught going out.
We've met up here in Port Mac with friends from Qld and we'll follow them nth today and steer well clear of the hot spots for a couple of weeks. We'll then head sth, skirt Sydney and glide down the coast into East Gippsland

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
We've met up here in Port Mac with friends from Qld and we'll follow them nth today and steer well clear of the hot spots for a couple of weeks. We'll then head sth, skirt Sydney and glide down the coast into East Gippsland
hopefully if you avoid Sydney you allowed back in.

I still think it funny people get off a plane.. if your been to hotspots you isolate 14 days
If you say you did not go then you are free.
You really think people will tell the truth.

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
PMQ gods own country! wish we were there seeing the rellies!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Looking at the Victorian COVID Restrictions, Victorians in NSW may want to look for a house for rent out west...............

Red Zone and Hot Zone​

Greater Sydney and the Central Coast have been designated as a Red Zone. The Northern Beaches is designated as a Hot Zone.

Only people who have visited, been in, or travelled through the Green Zone can apply for a Victorian Border Crossing Permit.

Anyone trying to enter Victoria in breach of this order will be subjected to 14-day mandatory hotel quarantine.

Reactions: Disco Duck

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland

May be an extended holiday away from Victoria @Crusty181. "Glide" low and slow so you do not draw attention to yourself. Merry Christmas and may 2021 be good to you wherever you are "holed' up. Stay safe!!

Reactions: Crusty181

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
take from QLD thread keep that one clean
pretty sure Christmas Island they cannot land most international planes. From US etc they have to stop and refuel as well.

The interesting thing is look at ABS page 330 students came in the last two months. Lots of others right through still coming in.

I know where I work they said they can still bring in workers under a few different visas.
One a IT Developer and software engineer as you know there are none in Australia. As they all had their jobs offshored.

Also reading news
Victorians returning from the red zones must seek an exemption to return, get a coronavirus test within 24 hours and isolate in their homes for 14 days from the date they were in the area.

So the old self isolate and we trust you thing :( Yeah that worked before

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
take from QLD thread keep that one clean
pretty sure Christmas Island they cannot land most international planes. From US etc they have to stop and refuel as well.

The interesting thing is look at ABS page 330 students came in the last two months. Lots of others right through still coming in.

I know where I work they said they can still bring in workers under a few different visas.
One a IT Developer and software engineer as you know there are none in Australia. As they all had their jobs offshored.

Also reading news
Victorians returning from the red zones must seek an exemption to return, get a coronavirus test within 24 hours and isolate in their homes for 14 days from the date they were in the area.

So the old self isolate and we trust you thing :( Yeah that worked before

Yeah the "trust me thing"! I won't leave the house unless I need to go to the pub for more beer. And also, I will have to go to the shops to get in more food and goodies as a few of my mates are coming over to watch the soccer on Foxtel. She'll be right mate!! Nobody can be trusted and the only way is to guard people so they don't break their quarantine. Great world we live in during this pandemic!!

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
As a country if we used somewhere large and remote to house people for 21 days..
Then everything open up.
Having people in hotels
Airline crew going for dinner
ticking time bomb.

Do not worry they want international students back. Also as said there still been lots of 457 coming in.
Farmers want slave labour from OS

Reactions: mfexpanda

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
yep, we trust people to self isolate when the consequences for not doing it can cause death, sickness, mental health problems and massive economic damage. And yes, when people are caught, more often than not, the government finds reasons to avoid penalising them. And, in some cases, thanks and praises them for admitting they broke the rules.

Yet, these are the same people that cannot be trusted to drive below the speed limit, not drive when under the influence of drugs or alcohol, to obey traffic signs, etc, etc, etc. But when people break these rules, they are fined, lose their license, have their vehicle confiscated, and jailed. And when non compliance increases so do the penalties. The government finds no reasons to avoid penalising them for these offenses.

take care
Mike

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
1608518887880.png

so 30,000 people stuck OS a lot dual citizens are more important than 25mill in Australia.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Hi,
yep, we trust people to self isolate when the consequences for not doing it can cause death, sickness, mental health problems and massive economic damage. And yes, when people are caught, more often than not, the government finds reasons to avoid penalising them. And, in some cases, thanks and praises them for admitting they broke the rules.

Yet, these are the same people that cannot be trusted to drive below the speed limit, not drive when under the influence of drugs or alcohol, to obey traffic signs, etc, etc, etc. But when people break these rules, they are fined, lose their license, have their vehicle confiscated, and jailed. And when non compliance increases so do the penalties. The government finds no reasons to avoid penalising them for these offenses.

take care
Mike

But the bleeding hearts will have us believe they didn't know, can't read, were traumatised as a child, bullied, its because of their colour, the doctor spanked them when they were born or they aren't sure if they should sit or stand to pee,........give me a break,
" You broke the rules, put lives at risk "............. " lock 'em up" ..............
The rights these drop kicks claim to have were earned for them and you have to work to keep them, they aren't a given ................ abuse them and loose them.............and the sooner these morons realise that the better.

and the "Me no understand is just BS"........... English classes in jail then...clang........... :censored:

Back to normal programming.................:couch2: