Venting, ranting, whinging and all things political

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
But the bleeding hearts will have us believe they didn't know, can't read, were traumatised as a child, bullied, its because of their colour, the doctor spanked them when they were born or they aren't sure if they should sit or stand to pee,........give me a break,
" You broke the rules, put lives at risk "............. " lock 'em up" ..............
The rights these drop kicks claim to have were earned for them and you have to work to keep them, they aren't a given ................ abuse them and loose them.............and the sooner these morons realise that the better.

and the "Me no understand is just BS"........... English classes in jail then...clang........... :censored:

Back to normal programming.................:couch2:
Well @mikerezny, @Drover, and @davemc , it had to happen! As a result of too many NSW people from hot spots trying to get through border checks to escape or holiday in Queensland, the concrete barricades are being put in place again as we speak. Unfortunately, the innocent must pay the penalty for the few. Back to where we were in Queensland just 20 days ago all because too many are not being truthful and cannot be trusted at all. They all want the freedom without the restrictions others have earned for them by doing the right thing for months. Personally, I am very disappointed with society in general. I really hoped that people would learn the lesson that we are all in this together, but too much of the "I am alright Jack and the rest of you can go and get f#@&*^!/%" seems to be the theme. So much for Christmas and the New Year togetherness!! Queen Anna has said that the new hard line border will remain in place with border passes necessary until at least January 8th, but probably longer. But with so many pushing the boundaries, I have to agree with @mikerezny that the Covid genie may already be out of the bottle and among us already.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikerezny

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I actually think this spread happened firstly by folk who didn't know and then locked down when they were aware otherwise it would have been bigger, like in Vic.
QLD putting the gates back up is for the morons who are oblivious to anything other than their own world view.................. Having talked to the fellas who manned the border at Texas recently I can only feel their pain at this time and feel sorry for them, thankfully they didn't encounter too many idiots like the costal lot but enough ding bats on the road........... Of course the origin of this lot was down to once again coming in from OS and QLD is just lucky they haven't copped it worse.........
We are damn lucky looking the figures for France, Britain and USA, we may be a lot of things but as Australians we punch above our weight and should be proud no matter, compared to other countries we do well in all manner of things.................. along with the virus maybe we imported the stupid as well.............??????????????????????

Reactions: Boots in Action

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Having read the latest headlines one would be concerned as at first they seem to state that QLD will be in hard lockdown from Tuesday, its not the case though QLD is open to anyone who hasn't been to certain Hotspots in NSW and as long as you haven't been there for 14 days all is good.......... Just wish the media would report things without the drama as most folk don't go and read the official declarations and only see a headline or some Faceache post and bemoan how they are stuck at home...... met lots of folk last trip that were surprised I went to NSW they all thought we were locked down and couldn't go anywhere with the often quoted Facebook said this, Facebook said that................ at least I got to enjoy some great camp sites as the idiots were at home..........

So no matter what State you are in read your states Official Covid Site and the others if you plan to travel, may save some heart ache and worry, just stay out of the city helps as well.............

So sick of stupid people........................... Delete Facebook and regain your sanity.........

Don't get me started on the findings of the Victorian Fiasco, the report is a fairy tale as well, sack the whole lot they are idiots............ "Nothing to see here, move along" ..................

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
the thing is @Drover do you think people will be truthful they had not been in those areas.
We had wave 2 keep getting extended down in Vic as people lied. Countless examples of people just plain lying.

The other thing is people can have it with few symptoms and not even know they have or had it.
Mate in US had it was a crap flu for him good now
Others can hit different levels
Locally know of two people had it still have problems months on. One ended up on a ventilator and most Victorians would of seen him on TV.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Of course I dont think people will be truthful, I know they wont, I drove long distance Coaches know all the stories...

Reactions: Disco Duck

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
See our health brains trust who made us drive in quite a unsafe manner last night said .....in the last few days we have granted 250 special excptions to get over the border we have 3500 to go ......god help them after you do ring the help line like we did once they dont know refer to web site which they do when your on phone with no answers found we have lernt nothing

Reactions: mfexpanda

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I can’t understand how any state government can give its citizens such a short time frame to get home then ban them, it beggars belief I thought this was Australia

Reactions: Bluey

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
I can’t understand how any state government can give its citizens such a short time frame to get home then ban them, it beggars belief I thought this was Australia
Good point @DRW . However, where do you draw the line for time?? 5 days, a week, 14 days ..... How many would really try to extend their time beyond the shortest time? Most, and we know a lot of them are far from truthful! And all the time they are wandering around in a possible "hot spot" area and then bring the virus back into Queensland at their leisure. Tough I agree, but necessary for the good of all. That is the real Australia at the moment.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Didn't WA change the rules when there was a plane load of people mid flight from NSW :(

Policy on the run. They all scared of lockdown.. we could just do better bring people in
You think they built someone remote now or used howard springs or some where we had for refugees like Christmas Island?
But no we bring them in via major airports have people who live everywhere transport them.
Then people who live everywhere work there.
Unless your crew then you can just go where ever and up to you to isolate.. Vic tested 1000 found 8 have it.

We have zero cases = normal life
Be able to go interstate without worrying it get closed off
A lot of those coming in now are dual passport people who lived elsewhere for years.
Now want back in as other countries gone to hell

Mate in North Carolina.. His county 1.1mill people.. up to 1400 cases yesterday. 50k cases total
It can get away from you.. They had masks since June and Curfew now since Dec.
He staying just being safe.

The UK with super strain
Meanwhile, the UK is beginning a new lockdown, with one in 50 people in the nation now infected with COVID-19.
How many dual citizens now want out of UK and bring it to Australia.

My Vent is we are a freaking island with a large moat.
Stop letting people in via major cities test them for 21 days etc.
No Chinese students, India IT etc etc
Once the Vaccine works then slowly open up
Still would not trust any vaccine passport from many countries.
Someone will print it for $$.. I know a few how they got their drivers license ::behindsofa:

Last edited:

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
@Boots in Action Last year fires I know someone who stayed way past when they where first told to leave
Then complained she had to go home via Canberra and it was not safe once they left.

Although they said a few days before not to travel to NSW we could shut the border
Green zones means no fire.. So no one would be leaving early.
No one expected to be told at 3:30pm to get home by midnight was not doable for many.
How many people where on the road over the limit from Eden or Moama you have to wonder.
now others who made it the next day are isolating for 14 days why? should of give 36 hours and said get tested and wait for result

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I think this latest Vic declaration has just meant quicker transfer from Sydney to Melbourne... Anna must have learnt something as QLD is still open to all except Sydneysiders with a pass required, a sensible approach...Who would have thought.

rags

Good point @DRW . However, where do you draw the line for time?? 5 days, a week, 14 days ..... How many would really try to extend their time beyond the shortest time? Most, and we know a lot of them are far from truthful! And all the time they are wandering around in a possible "hot spot" area and then bring the virus back into Queensland at their leisure. Tough I agree, but necessary for the good of all. That is the real Australia at the moment.
Interesting position the Vic govt have tracked down. I am unfamiliar with Victorian legislation but wonder if it is similar to QLD legislation. I am aware that emergency orders are issued under the Qld Health Act. I am also aware that for Qld, the Human Rights Act plays a significant role in legislative powers and in most cases trumps any other legislation in the first instance. This extends to the purpose of this Act, how the purposes of the Act are achieved and who is bound by this Act.The Human Rights Act was assented to in March 2019. Basically the government can’t make policy without first considering human rights aspects and certainly can’t infringe a human right through sub ordinate policy
Now I am no bleeding heart human rights warrior but come from a position that human rights have a place in legislative powers, and the servants of the government are bound by the human rights act.

I am surprised that no one has challenged the Qld Govt over their policy of detention for quarantine purposes in a place other than one’s residential home and potentially if a resident was to be denied entry to the Qld.
The Human Rights Act is very specific in s19 Freedom of Movement and s29 the Right to liberty and security of person.
I understand the government can require someone to quarantine and isolate under the Health Act, however it maybe that the govt is removing a human right by requiring a person to do such quarantine somewhere other than their residence. This position of the Act has not been tested for Qld.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Since enough have shown they are liars and cheats , the spread of the virus would impinge on the rights of many more so if any bitches they should pull their heads in.

There is an ammendment or some waffle signed off in QLD legislation last year. No doubt someone will waste a lot of money, usually ours as they believe rights were trodden upon with no thought that others could die because of their outrage.... Sure to be something from that idiot Brisbane councillor..

Last edited:

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Use the military to fly “Aussies” home from OS then quarantine at military bases not rocket, get incoming people away from cities and private security and free the police forces that are involved. The military has little to do anyway ( not having a go at them at all) but we pay them anyway and they gave aircraft capabilities so why not???

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Use the military to fly “Aussies” home from OS then quarantine at military bases not rocket, get incoming people away from cities and private security and free the police forces that are involved. The military has little to do anyway ( not having a go at them at all) but we pay them anyway and they gave aircraft capabilities so why not???
A common enough train of thought, years ago a possibility but now;

Military bases nowadays don't have the facilities, few live on base and there's limited accomadation, some bases its contract catering, gone are the days of bases able to house a thousand or more troops, training bases can of course but they are in use......if they were called upon then using a University would be better.

The bare bases located at various place in the middle of no where certainly have the run ways to a take big aircraft but there's a reason they are called bare, the troops live in tents or dongers and bring it all in with them, facilities which civilians would be calling for lawyers as an abuse of their rights....
The use of an Operational base is just dangerous for all concerned.

Aircraft wise it could be a stretch with only 8 C-17's and 2 x 737's not all could be put to the task of bringing virus carriers home and you don't want to send a C130 or Spartan off around the world, ........ far better to send Qantas......

While Sherger, Woomera and Curtin could be used, certainly as they are isolated but aircraft can land there, the problem of manning, security personnel, medical, catering etc, not to mention housing in a really mongrel climate, no fences, Crocs Patrol a couple of them and its a bloody long walk to death.
Security would have to be Police either State or Federal as they have the power to detain, something that can't be just granted, medical, ADF does not have the personnel ( believe it or not) catering same thing, they gave many of the behind the scene jobs the flick years ago to save a buck............. ADF personal shouldn't be put in the position of carers the jobs hard enough at times.....

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Straya
Just to add a little real-world spin on it.

A phone call to DHHS Covid hotline the day prior to the $hit hitting the fan and mad dash home they were completely clueless and no answers to most basic of questions. The answer to every question was I should check the website

We were 4 hours drive north of the nearest NSW covid area, not Covid person just the nth boundary of the closest local council area where a Covid case was located. Our house in Melb is dead smack in the middle of the area worst hit with the recent Vic Covid infections, so the overreaching border closeure and mad dash home was to leave a safe Covid free zone and drive straight into a Covid hot spot

We drove 16 hours to get to the border after we missed the previous offer where they gave all Victorians just 5 hours notice to get to the border and then home, 20 hours drive away. 16 hours behind the wheel is 4 hours more than every Govt in this country has agreed is the absolute safe maximum limit even for experienced professional drivers, never mind the butchers and bakers and candle stick makers that are driving a combined mass that in any other circumstances would require a Heavy licence endorsement

On a cool pleasant suburban day, with car windows open and a gentle cooling breeze and plenty of food and water, if anybody left their child strapped in a child restraint in a car out in the driveway for 16 hours straight what would be the outcome after a passing good samaritan rang DHHS. Sympathy maybe ???

Our State Govt has no way of establishing the bonafides of where people say they have and haven't been, and they are relying 100% on people's honesty but are letting some through and locking others out anyway. Thats locking people out away from their homes and work and families with no plan in place whatsoever to address that. Some of the people locked out and coming from Covid free places further away than us, and who had been in their cars effectively isolating at lot longer than I was in their crazy dash south. They let me through, but not them.

After 16 hours driving in the mad dash south there was no way I was continuing to Melb anyway, so we camped overnight on the banks of the Murray, far away from anyone else. We have 6 other people who live in our house and need to work, care for kids and move around freely. They were told by DHHS that the moment we arrived home they in turn would require isolation for 14 days which would then in turn impact our isolation further because once our isolation was up we would be subject to their isolation. We stayed on the Murray because there was nothing of interests that addressed this issue on the DHHS Covid website and attempting to clarify the issue from previous experience calling the Covid hotline would refer us to the website whih we already know doesnt help.

To get the border permit we are bound to agree to get a Covid test within 24hrs, but the testing points were completely overrun and our local one was turning the same people away for 3 days running. The Health Minister says on the news "we can't just turn this on and off over night" ..... its not like this has been going on for a year and we've already experienced the most draconian lockdowns in the world. We had no hope of complying. We defied the requirement to isolate at home, and we got tested locally.

Victoria has a "border bubble" where nsw driver licence border post codes allow poeple along the border in NSW free range to cross the border into Vic back and forwards at will completely unchecked, a situation that is still effect. It is understood these nsw are in a presumptive Covid free area so labeled by nsw not Vic. Returning Vic folk are returning from Covid free area so labeled under the same system yet are refused entry into their own state. Vic has no control over where the NSW Barooga residents go to in nsw including hot zones, and no control over where people in nsw hot zones travel to including Barooga. Victorian residents are trapped in Barooga NSW and watch on helplessly whilst unregulated Barooga residents with no controls over their movements can freely cross backwards and forwards through the check point charlie completely unchecked, while Victorian folk are trapped outside the wire with no help, support, guidance and no suggestion any will be forthcoming.

Our border guard was a Forestry guy who did not give crap and could not possibly been less interested. He didnt examine any of the 3 x tiny border permits of the tiny phone screen. He glanced at the Princess's licence held up on the other side of the car and did not even look at my licence at all ... 3 hours later this farce ended in the border snapping shut and turning Victorian people ariving at that point into unsupported and Stateless refugees.

Im really needing some guidance as to how any of this is serving, protecting or managing anything or anyone.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
if it was a war the military could build a tent city overnight just saying

With Razor wire and machine guns, I can hear the screams now...Just ban OS flights for a month or longer easy peasy...Needs of the many sort of thing.

................... Sadly we voted all these buggas in that control us and seem to be supportive of the boofacrats who carry it out....................many of who are our friends and neighbours, in fact many possibly our online mates..

I must say I'm glad I'm in QLD, I'm glad I'm regional and I'm glad of many other things which would cause offense if I said them.......thank god hardly any of this affects me and many others out here, concerned ? Yes........ but lived long enough to realise the reality of it all and no amount of soap boxing will change anything................. Where's my rods.....

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Straya

Just to add a little real-world spin on it.

A phone call to DHHS Covid hotline the day prior to the $hit hitting the fan and mad dash home they were completely clueless and no answers to most basic of questions. The answer to every question was I should check the website

We were 4 hours drive north of the nearest NSW covid area, not Covid person just the nth boundary of the closest local council area where a Covid case was located. Our house in Melb is dead smack in the middle of the area worst hit with the recent Vic Covid infections, so the overreaching border closeure and mad dash home was to leave a safe Covid free zone and drive straight into a Covid hot spot

We drove 16 hours to get to the border after we missed the previous offer where they gave all Victorians just 5 hours notice to get to the border and then home, 20 hours drive away. 16 hours behind the wheel is 4 hours more than every Govt in this country has agreed is the absolute safe maximum limit even for experienced professional drivers, never mind the butchers and bakers and candle stick makers that are driving a combined mass that in any other circumstances would require a Heavy licence endorsement

On a cool pleasant suburban day, with car windows open and a gentle cooling breeze and plenty of food and water, if anybody left their child strapped in a child restraint in a car out in the driveway for 16 hours straight what would be the outcome after a passing good samaritan rang DHHS. Sympathy maybe ???

Our State Govt has no way of establishing the bonafides of where people say they have and haven't been, and they are relying 100% on people's honesty but are letting some through and locking others out anyway. Thats locking people out away from their homes and work and families with no plan in place whatsoever to address that. Some of the people locked out and coming from Covid free places further away than us, and who had been in their cars effectively isolating at lot longer than I was in their crazy dash south. They let me through, but not them.

After 16 hours driving in the mad dash south there was no way I was continuing to Melb anyway, so we camped overnight on the banks of the Murray, far away from anyone else. We have 6 other people who live in our house and need to work, care for kids and move around freely. They were told by DHHS that the moment we arrived home they in turn would require isolation for 14 days which would then in turn impact our isolation further because once our isolation was up we would be subject to their isolation. We stayed on the Murray because there was nothing of interests that addressed this issue on the DHHS Covid website and attempting to clarify the issue from previous experience calling the Covid hotline would refer us to the website whih we already know doesnt help.

To get the border permit we are bound to agree to get a Covid test within 24hrs, but the testing points were completely overrun and our local one was turning the same people away for 3 days running. The Health Minister says on the news "we can't just turn this on and off over night" ..... its not like this has been going on for a year and we've already experienced the most draconian lockdowns in the world. We had no hope of complying. We defied the requirement to isolate at home, and we got tested locally.

Victoria has a "border bubble" where nsw driver licence border post codes allow poeple along the border in NSW free range to cross the border into Vic back and forwards at will completely unchecked, a situation that is still effect. It is understood these nsw are in a presumptive Covid free area so labeled by nsw not Vic. Returning Vic folk are returning from Covid free area so labeled under the same system yet are refused entry into their own state. Vic has no control over where the NSW Barooga residents go to in nsw including hot zones, and no control over where people in nsw hot zones travel to including Barooga. Victorian residents are trapped in Barooga NSW and watch on helplessly whilst unregulated Barooga residents with no controls over their movements can freely cross backwards and forwards through the check point charlie completely unchecked, while Victorian folk are trapped outside the wire with no help, support, guidance and no suggestion any will be forthcoming.

Our border guard was a Forestry guy who did not give crap and could not possibly been less interested. He didnt examine any of the 3 x tiny border permits of the tiny phone screen. He glanced at the Princess's licence held up on the other side of the car and did not even look at my licence at all ... 3 hours later this farce ended in the border snapping shut and turning Victorian people ariving at that point into unsupported and Stateless refugees.

Im really needing some guidance as to how any of this is serving, protecting or managing anything or anyone.

I understand your dilemma @Crusty181 and feel for you and others in the same position. Whilst every person in Australia has their own individual idea on what should be done, these would all be biased towards one's own situation. There is no "one answer" that suits all, and ANY decision is better than no decision and just dithering around trying to cover all possibilities and not disadvantage a single person. An impossibility indeed!!! Take the recent case of the young guy and his mate from Sydney who went camping in NSW at Christmas and travelled to Orange, Broken Hill and Nyngan before he presented with a runny nose and was diagnosed positive with Covid. Who knows who he "may" have passed the virus on to innocently in some place in outback NSW where everyone thinks they are safe? Each and every person must accept the cards as they are dealt and adjust their lives accordingly to suit. In other words..."suck it up", no matter how hard it is! There is not much you can do about it anyway. There will always be those worse off than yourself, so be thankful for that. My wife and I have already had one 14 day trip to Tasmania in October 2020 cancelled and the rescheduled trip for middle February 2021 is looking very, very shaky at the moment. We wanted to do some touring through NSW and Victoria last year .... curtailed! And the same travel for 2021 mid year is not looking good either. We also have a trip booked in August to North Queensland and Cairns by coach. We only have to have a cluster develop in Queensland somewhere at that time and that too will be cancelled! But we are coping and hoping! And I am sure nobody wants Australia (or any of the States) to end up like the UK or the USA. Enough of my problems... you no doubt have plenty of your own!!!