Venting, ranting, whinging and all things political

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Often wondered about they way folk find out, if I was on the road I wouldn't have a clue as we never have the radio on in car or at home, only glance at TV news, shed TV on cricket, netball, footy or fishing shows........ Only have the paper online and thats the Courier so not much there......

Interesting the fact Sheet says nothing about outsiders locking down......eh !!!!!

Attachments

• roadmap-brisbane-lockdown.pdf
    61.3 KB · Views: 239

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
It is all a balls up. you cannot just turn it on with no warning as you have no idea how to keep things locked down
Rule #1 should be everyone from OS is treated as they have it until after 14 days.

if they not going to land people remote areas surrounded by crocs or deserts.
They need to go through all ways it can escape and have systems in place.
The fact they not testing aircrew or staff at hotels. WHAT THE.
Or just testing once a week.. Gives days of spread.
Amazing Vic ahead now as they totally stuffed it up already now scared.
Vic they used untrained staff who also worked elsewhere, cleaning staff who worked at nursing homes.
Just plain stupid.

Might be as I work in a job where I have to think of worst case scenario daily.
You go through and mitigate everything you can. Then safeguards on top.
How many billions been lost this year with it escaping hotels already.
how many died from all these stuff ups that no one is accountable for.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
but guess who has tickets for the Heat BBL game at Metricon stadium Sunday evening.

With the amount of drop kicks that have run to Gold and Sunshine Coasts I don't think you going to Carrarra will be an upset, though you would increase the chance of catching if about....... I think a few cases might pop up now outside The Zone and Anna will try to hold off until after The Gabba test, next week will see if we are home and hosed or up the creek. I was even thinking of prepping Big mal and running out to some places I know with no TV or phone so I could just be oblivious.......

Might be as I work in a job where I have to think of worst case scenario daily.

Thankfully I have left that stuff behind, gone from being responsible for maintaining various safety regimes, personal, vehicle, food, road, poisons along with schedules and training a driver not to kill himself along with other compliance regimes every day just loaded with responsibility, to now, just me and mine, thats it, a beautiful world to be in.... :cheer2:....................... So please excuse me, if at times, I sound uncaring ................................. as I probably am...

Early rant edited as I de ranted myself...........................

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
How about the one about the lady who flew into Melb on Boxing Day from the UK, tested positive to the UK lurgy on the 27th and then was OKAYED to fly to QLD on the 5th Jan and now tested positive on the sunshine coast, what happened to the 14 days, its getting to be a joke...... Someone needs to do some bum kicking and stop the touchy feely stuff...............

rags

How about the one about the lady who flew into Melb on Boxing Day from the UK, tested positive to the UK lurgy on the 27th and then was OKAYED to fly to QLD on the 5th Jan and now tested positive on the sunshine coast, what happened to the 14 days, its getting to be a joke...... Someone needs to do some bum kicking and stop the touchy feely stuff...............
I don’t think you can kick bums when everyone has followed guidelines ratified by national cabinet.

The way I understand this case and others like it is that when you test positive to the first (original) strain of COVID 19 you need to do 10 days quarantine following the positive test, as it is likely after 10 days you aren’t considered contagious, however you will continue to show positive test results for a fair while longer. The quarantine procedures allow the person to leave quarantine after 10 days. This means that if you test positive on day 1 your there for 10:days, if you don’t test positive until day 12, you would need to Quarantine until day 22.
If you dont test positive at any stage you must quarantine for the full 14 days and have an exit test on day 12.

The issue with the current case is the person has the new UK strain and although lawfully released and travelled lawfully, authorities have gone into panic as there are many unknowns. I think if the traveller had the original strain of virus we wouldn’t have heard anything re this case. As a result of concerns around the UK strain, the national cabinet on Thursday when they last meet, agreed to new protocols for people effected by the UK strain. Future case will remain in quarantine for the full 14 days at a minimum.

Complicated, probably, but smarter people than us have a far better understanding about the medical science behind COVID 19 and in them we trust safe community outcomes.

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
I don’t think you can kick bums when everyone has followed guidelines ratified by national cabinet.

The way I understand this case and others like it is that when you test positive to the first (original) strain of COVID 19 you need to do 10 days quarantine following the positive test, as it is likely after 10 days you aren’t considered contagious, however you will continue to show positive test results for a fair while longer. The quarantine procedures allow the person to leave quarantine after 10 days. This means that if you test positive on day 1 your there for 10:days, if you don’t test positive until day 12, you would need to Quarantine until day 22.
If you dont test positive at any stage you must quarantine for the full 14 days and have an exit test on day 12.

The issue with the current case is the person has the new UK strain and although lawfully released and travelled lawfully, authorities have gone into panic as there are many unknowns. I think if the traveller had the original strain of virus we wouldn’t have heard anything re this case. As a result of concerns around the UK strain, the national cabinet on Thursday when they last meet, agreed to new protocols for people effected by the UK strain. Future case will remain in quarantine for the full 14 days at a minimum.

Complicated, probably, but smarter people than us have a far better understanding about the medical science behind COVID 19 and in them we trust safe community outcomes.
Thanks for the update @rags. I was unaware of this latest information. Looks as if "the smarter people than us" are still learning too, and changing the rules to suit the updated information available. It looks like a long and steep learning curve for all of us.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I agree with @davemc ...... for some smart people they have been pretty slow on the uptake as to testing vulnerable workers and folk entering from OS, getting better but still...
Our CHO telling us all this new strain is more virulent but they dont change the testing regime until it fails now folk in Maleny need to get tested and isolate and with the passengers on the aircraft having to do same its sure to spiral unless we are very lucky.... Earlier lessons not learnt..

Last edited:

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I see Melbourne has cancelled Australia Day Celebrations but is looking at allowing mobs to have protest marches... Is stupidity a UNI Degree down there and a mandatory requirement to be part of any sort of government down there or what ?????????

They need to stop all incoming passenger flights, no sob stories just ban them and freight aircrew fully isolated and tested.......... As usual in emergency situations the last people to find out the latest is the poor buggers on the ground who implement the decisions, thats been around for 40 years or more and doesn't seem to have changed with Pollies and their lickers going for the Sound Byte/Photo Op first.................

Once this is all over in a year or so if I lived in a city, Melb/Sydney/Brisbane, I would certainly be looking at options to get out...

Stay safe and sane my friends and @Boots in Action you should have stayed longer with the sand flies.

PS: I think we are lucky with the Gabba test next weekend or we all might be locked down..................
Any houses up there around 600 grand and what about a job for me and the wife

• Haha
Reactions: mfexpanda

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Any houses up there around 600 grand and what about a job for me and the wife
Have a look on Real Estate.com, 600k would get you a reasonable house in a reasonable area, lots of building on Gold Coast and Brisbane and teachers are always in demand, although permanency is harder to get. Start your research and we will see you up here soon. :boink:

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Have a look on Real Estate.com, 600k would get you a reasonable house in a reasonable area, lots of building on Gold Coast and Brisbane and teachers are always in demand, although permanency is harder to get. Start your research and we will see you up here soon. :boink:
Maybe i must say pay in vic is the most out of all states for what i do and the wife is full time teacher here so will be hard to go away from all that but i need somewhere nice to start thinking of retirement id rather get there now than later

Reactions: chartrock

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Maybe i must say pay in vic is the most out of all states for what i do and the wife is full time teacher here so will be hard to go away from all that but i need somewhere nice to start thinking of retirement id rather get there now than later

I reckon a nice property along the Murray would suit us you better say around Walwa or maybe near Wentworth, be just in the right area for your adventures and we could visit you.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Victorian Govt has just announced a workable and foolproof traffic light border restriction system that will make border crossing crystal clear, efficient, fair and predictable. There are currently 8000s exemption application from locked out Victorians that are sitting in NSW that would instantly fit this wonderfully clear and workable criteria to cross over the border with ease, but unfortunately in the extended time that the knee jerk Govt with no clue has jerked them around, the entire state of nsw was declared red so the trapped Vics that did fit the criteria now dont fit the criteria.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I hear you @Bluey the whole work for almost 50 years paying off a place in the city.
Every time we go anywhere away from the city I look at prices. Work out we be ahead $ no mortgage and Sarah says no he he
I was only working 1-2 days in the office anyway before COVID, so could work from anywhere with 4G.
Id prefer to stay put in outrageously expensive Melb till I retire, then when I retire cash out and take that huge bag of cash to regional Aust where the buying power is enormous and live like a king. Bit of a forced savings plan