Venting, ranting, whinging and all things political

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
It is time that those who think they are in charge do that. We should know by now how things can be done without spreading COVID-19. I do not think that it should be a free for all, but working with people to allow things to happen. In this case the caravan associations should have hand over procedures that can be followed and agreed with health. Seems that AFL and NRL flash the money and health bend over backwards.

Reactions: Drover

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
It seriously can't be that hard to implement. Everyone's using Zoom these days. Simple zoom call to explain how the main things work, trouble shooting, questions etc etc. Then get it towed or freighted to the customer. Gees is happily pay extra to put it on a flat bed and get it delivered. I have so much to do to the van that could be done now when I'm half working half stood down.

The only argument I can see that is stopping them is with the customers tow vehicle. Now sure, it needs to be up to scratch and setup properly, but the onus for that surely falls back on the customer. Jayco can't be liable for someone not having their brake controller setup properly, or their WDH or whatever. FMD is 2021.

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
It is time that those who think they are in charge do that. We should know by now how things can be done without spreading COVID-19. I do not think that it should be a free for all, but working with people to allow things to happen. In this case the caravan associations should have hand over procedures that can be followed and agreed with health. Seems that AFL and NRL flash the money and health bend over backwards.
Although some people in charge THINK that they know how things can be done without spreading Covid-19, this NEW Delta virus is making its own rules. No longer spread by contact like original strain, Delta can transfer in the air from the breath of the infected and is much more virulent and spreads faster than they can keep tracing people. The weakest link is the general public and those who do not follow instructions that are causing this virus to spread and that means we have further restrictions for longer and harsher. Nobody likes their freedom to be restricted, but if we don't take our medicine, we are going to become sicker for longer. You are right in saying "working with people to allow things to happen" . The trouble is not everyone you want to work with can be trusted to do the right thing!!
And yes, money speaks all languages and opens many doors, especially for those benefiting from the money.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Sounds feasable to me @Brente1982 , now suddenly there is concern about dealer making sure the tug is compliant ??? Never knew they did other than a cursory glance but I suppose someone intialled the box to say they did....

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Sounds feasable to me @Brente1982 , now suddenly there is concern about dealer making sure the tug is compliant ??? Never knew they did other than a cursory glance but I suppose someone intialled the box to say they did....
It's all about personal freedom and responsibility. Look what we have already accepted as normal and obey without a second thought!!

Attachments

• Restrictions1.jpg
    Restrictions1.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: Drover and DRW

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi @Drover,
when we went to pick up the Penguin from Bayswater Jayco, they would not release the van until they had taken the van and car for a test run.
One has to have side mirrors and a brake controller fitted. Then you have to sign a waiver. This was all well-explained in the documentation that came when I signed the contract, as well as a 12-pin socket and wiring diagram.

take care
Mike

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Boots in Action

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Hi @Drover,
when we went to pick up the Penguin from Bayswater Jayco, they would not release the van until they have taken the van and car for a test run.
One has to have side mirrors and a brake controller fitted. Then you have to sign a waiver. This was all well-explained in the documentation that came when I signed the contract, as well as a 12-pin socket and wiring diagram.

take care
Mike

Wow, thats service for sure, when I picked up The Tardis in Dubbo it was a good run down on how it all worked plugged in to the old Jeep he gave me the thumbs up for the lights and we drove off and with Big Mal pretty much the same from Brisbane Jayco... but then Bayswater has always been a good mob I though, when down Melbone way often stop for a wander there.

I'm really getting peed off not slinging off at folk down south, now beyond joking and starting to get even more sh**tty about the whole damn thing ...... was really hoping to get a tour along the Murray maybe even catch a CrustyCon in flight along the banks for a great photo and give a certain Cruisota bloke a drag....
Oh well, like Xmas its something we have to wait for.......................... So since my Jeep can go further and faster than his then I must win for sure this month....lol,lol....

Reactions: Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
My vent, rant, anger is now with Jayco dealers in Victoria not offering any sort of handover during lockdown. Whilst the continue to accept deliveries of vans into their yards, which will only add months to handover wait times.

Jayco Sydney have worked out a way to conduct them, as has pretty much ever other caravan manufacturer in Melbourne.

Car dealers can do contactless handovers, boat dealers can do contactless handovers, and infact Bayswater Jayco conducted them during out hard lockdown last year.

Wait 12 months for a van build, and at this rate I'll be lucky to have it before the end of the year.

Some people are even reporting having paid for the van in full, now paying for a loan and insurance on something that is being withheld from them.

Getting angrier by the day!
Are they allowed to deliver, and just being turds ?? Ive past Page Bros a handful of times and theyre closed up all together.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi @Drover,
when we went to pick up the Penguin from Bayswater Jayco, they would not release the van until they have taken the van and car for a test run.

take care
Mike
They wouldnt be driving my car, im the only driver on the Insurance. I wonder how they work around that

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
They wouldnt be driving my car, im the only driver on the Insurance. I wonder how they work around that
Hi @Crusty181,

that did occur to me at the time. But since I don't have that restriction on our insurance, it wasn't an issue. I think our insurance covers all licensed drivers as long as they are over 25. I should get off my bum and go check. But then in Melbourne at this time there isn't any chance of anyone else driving our vehicle.

take care
Mike

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
Are they allowed to deliver, and just being turds ?? Ive past Page Bros a handful of times and theyre closed up all together.
Given every other manufacturer around my area, that being the northern suburbs of Melbourne, that I've spoken to is still doing handovers in some shape or form, there really isn't anything stopping them. The company I work for has their factory right in caravan manufacturer Central so I drive past a lot of them in a daily basis.
To me it seems like pure laziness on their part and using 'duty of care' as an excuse.
Here is Bayswater doing online handovers last year.
And it may appear like Page Bros is closed, but there are people there. They're accepting countless vans that have come off the production line. Soon enough they'll run out of space.
I know of people in Facebook groups who have vans waiting for handover, 5 at Page bros, 4 at Bayswater, 3 at Prestige. Imagine all the others that aren't in those groups.
Screenshot_20210901-232614_Facebook.jpg

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
I'm really getting peed off not slinging off at folk down south, now beyond joking and starting to get even more sh**tty about the whole damn thing ...... was really hoping to get a tour along the Murray maybe even catch a CrustyCon in flight along the banks
In a recent post by you @Drover , you were saying you were going to keep your cool, sit back and watch the happenings in the world. In your "off the beaten track" residence, you have the luxury of not being close in with the humanity and all their problems. Seems even you have a breaking point! Hang in there, things may have improved by the New Year if we are lucky??? I'm hoping to go on a 16 day tour to Cairns (by coach and rail) on 10th October - Covid restrictions permitting. Last tour departing Brisbane we were booked on departing 3 August was cancelled.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD

Wouldn't be a chance in hell of them or others driving my vehicles no matter what the insurance, in fact tyre places have told me thye don;t take them for a drive due to insurance and recently when Jeeperific had a software upgrade they told me they don't do test drives, same reason, I was happy as I don;t want some dopey spanner man doing donuts in my rig............. imagine some van shop mechanic driving your vehicle, scares the crap out of me and the thought of some salesman getting behind the wheel, well where's my holster...............................

you were saying you were going to keep your cool,

Been yarning with my mate in Yass, we go back 50 years and we go fishing together, checking out Warbirds and a few nice Ports and cheeses together around the fire listening to some good country music, not this year and he's stuck in lock down and it gets me fired up......... I try to be like "Oddball" in Kellys Heroes, " enough of the negative waves man !" but sometimes the calm , cool demeanor cracks and I get annoyed......... Plus I can't sling off at @Crusty181 , @Bluey , @davemc and a few other old timers on here as it would be in really bad taste, even showing them my recent catches while out fishing with the Bride, even if they were undersized and I had to throw them back, no pics of a lovely flat Tin Can Bay Inlet with clear blue skies as the boat just lazily drifted on the current.....

Well enough of that.................... weather is crap now so no boat runs............... stay safe comrades and we will catch up again.............

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Wouldn't be a chance in hell of them or others driving my vehicles no matter what the insurance, in fact tyre places have told me thye don;t take them for a drive due to insurance and recently when Jeeperific had a software upgrade they told me they don't do test drives, same reason, I was happy as I don;t want some dopey spanner man doing donuts in my rig............. imagine some van shop mechanic driving your vehicle, scares the crap out of me and the thought of some salesman getting behind the wheel, well where's my holster...............................

Been yarning with my mate in Yass, we go back 50 years and we go fishing together, checking out Warbirds and a few nice Ports and cheeses together around the fire listening to some good country music, not this year and he's stuck in lock down and it gets me fired up......... I try to be like "Oddball" in Kellys Heroes, " enough of the negative waves man !" but sometimes the calm , cool demeanor cracks and I get annoyed......... Plus I can't sling off at @Crusty181 , @Bluey , @davemc and a few other old timers on here as it would be in really bad taste, even showing them my recent catches while out fishing with the Bride, even if they were undersized and I had to throw them back, no pics of a lovely flat Tin Can Bay Inlet with clear blue skies as the boat just lazily drifted on the current.....

Well enough of that.................... weather is crap now so no boat runs............... stay safe comrades and we will catch up again.............
@Drover , can't blame you for feeling that way. But good friends (comrades) understand and don't forget you even when times keep you separated. Just make sure you are around to have one helleva great time when next you all get together. Cheers

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Given every other manufacturer around my area, that being the northern suburbs of Melbourne, that I've spoken to is still doing handovers in some shape or form, there really isn't anything stopping them. The company I work for has their factory right in caravan manufacturer Central so I drive past a lot of them in a daily basis.
To me it seems like pure laziness on their part and using 'duty of care' as an excuse.
Here is Bayswater doing online handovers last year.
And it may appear like Page Bros is closed, but there are people there. They're accepting countless vans that have come off the production line. Soon enough they'll run out of space.
I know of people in Facebook groups who have vans waiting for handover, 5 at Page bros, 4 at Bayswater, 3 at Prestige. Imagine all the others that aren't in those groups.
View attachment 67450
Youd think theyd be itching to offload any stock that has equity tied up in it.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC

Fishing is still on the prison elective list, its just been problematic meshing my availability with decent weather. Yesterday was magic, but work a bit full on. Today some annoying site work i could ditch but weather no good. Fishings is like everything else, 5km limit. I can get a couple of kms out in the bay, but will commit treason by being 5.3mtrs past that limit at boat ramp ... high tide im only 3.2mtrs over. My brother can get to the beach, about 30mtrs from the water. He just looks like an idiot sitting in his boat on the sand flicking lures at the rubbish bins. If he can hook a half eaten sausage roll, we'll name it Dan and it can be Premier .... couldnt do any worse

• Haha

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Fishings is like everything else, 5km limit.

Since Tin Can Bay is a "Quaint little fishing village with a drinking problem" or so they say, 5km limit would mean most could get to the boat ramp but those in my little village couldn't other than a tidal ramp nearby, so there would be boats anchored all over the large sand flats, I very much doubt anyone would take any notice, the next town is over 50 km away and they would probably barricade the only road in, old people can get very antsy.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Since Tin Can Bay is a "Quaint little fishing village with a drinking problem" or so they say, 5km limit would mean most could get to the boat ramp but those in my little village couldn't other than a tidal ramp nearby, so there would be boats anchored all over the large sand flats, I very much doubt anyone would take any notice, the next town is over 50 km away and they would probably barricade the only road in, old people can get very antsy.
Quaint little village probably but I remember 30+ years ago when I used to come up and repair trawlers the pub was more like a boxing tent, the Mooloolaba boys would come in and the locals would get their hackles up, next minute there was blood on the floor!! Ah those were the days lol