Venting, ranting, whinging and all things political

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I have a list of the stuff I was potentialy exposed to in the Military, its a pdf file and I ticked off those that I worked and lived amongst, its 2 pages worth, the threat was not just gettting shot or blown up........... Good on you for getting the jabs @Bluey at least you shouldn't be doing Darth Vader impersonations and we might get to share a laugh aagin, hopefully sooner not later.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Always been lots of crazies in the world.
I think what COVID shown more is their is way to many selfish people out there
It is spread by people doing the wrong thing more than accident.

All along I have done the I cannot be 100% sure I have it. So masked up etc
Others go visit family back from OS, have a engagement party, go work while sick etc etc
Our 100 days last year was all linked back to a family who wanted to go outside hotel room.

Edit numbers 71 today... we be out at 70% or 80% vaxed now I feel
Be interesting what the PM of NSW does as NSW getting more vax then other states.
Will he now divert some to vic. I say no

Reactions: Drover

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
I have a list of the stuff I was potentialy exposed to in the Military, its a pdf file and I ticked off those that I worked and lived amongst, its 2 pages worth, the threat was not just gettting shot or blown up........... Good on you for getting the jabs @Bluey at least you shouldn't be doing Darth Vader impersonations and we might get to share a laugh aagin, hopefully sooner not later.
Very well put @Drover. And amen to your ideals.

Reactions: mfexpanda

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Always been lots of crazies in the world.
I think what COVID shown more is their is way to many selfish people out there
It is spread by people doing the wrong thing more than accident.

All along I have done the I cannot be 100% sure I have it. So masked up etc
Others go visit family back from OS, have a engagement party, go work while sick etc etc
Our 100 days last year was all linked back to a family who wanted to go outside hotel room.

Edit numbers 71 today... we be out at 70% or 80% vaxed now I feel
Be interesting what the PM of NSW does as NSW getting more vax then other states.
Will he now divert some to vic. I say no

I think a lot of us have done the same, in fact many have followed the advice and used common sense, doesn't take very many of the brain dead to cause strife which only prolongs what they don't like happening, like the kid throwing a tantrum........... my kids didn't because they came to realise it hurt them not me and I ignored them......

Simple rule get a jab, don't go to hospital, don't die ............. unable to be jabbed then the rest of us may help stop it spreading faster than the hospitals can handle.

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Hopefully be let in nsw at Christmas she's claiming up there jabs will save everything
Well @Bluey , you are certainly optimistic. I think NSW will need more than that! Getting enough people vaccinated by Christmas is a marathon task. And just because you have received the jab, or better still BOTH jabs, doesn't mean you cannot catch Covid. It just lessens your chance of not getting too bloody crook and occupying a bed in a hospital for a while. Worse still, with this Delta variant, you can still be a carrier even if fully vaccinated. Such is the silent enemy!!

Just saw a story on television where 60 odd parishioners were attending a service in one of the high risk areas of Blacktown in NSW. A lot of them had travelled from many of the other high risk areas nearby and outside their own LGA. And the Pastor was preaching that the lock down laws were finished and God would protect them all!!! All 60 odd (30 adults and 30 children) were fined by police a total of over $35,000.00. When and how are all these fines going to be paid??? People will not adhere to the rules for their own good, and continue to spread the virus for weeks to come.
With situations like that happening, how does she expect to have the Covid problem under control by Christmas???? Maybe I am becoming cynical the longer this goes on.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I dont know about cynical, I would say Peed Off at stupidity.... @Boots in Action
As if we dont have enough to contend with at our age we have heaps of stupidity around as well.... Actually being cynical is part of theOld Coot job description.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Boots in Action

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
@Boots in Action and everyone I'm more than aware that jabs will not really help so there saying now from the pm down jab everyone let's get 80 % if we can but what about the kids ????? As far as I know kids can catch it and can get very crook maybe evan die but I haven't heard of kids getting jabs company's haven't said kids can have it yet have they ?????? So do we all get jabed sit back watch our kids all get sick ???
There dreaming I'm dreaming thinking I can go to Forster and Umina this year missed umina last year no one is asking Gladis Dangerous Dan or the PM the smiling assign what about the kids my wife will quite her job and teach them at home before I let them go to covid school

Reactions: mfexpanda

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
@Bluey they are looking at kids and you have your head around why we need vaccinations, with other diseases it took many years to get vaccines, this time 21st Century technology is getting things accomplished that 30 years ago was not possible so back in the 1940's took till the 50's and 60's to sort out. In the meantime if adults get their jabs it will mean less crowding of hospitals, allowing more resources to make sure kids are safer and in a lot of cases it does mean parents need to be parents.................
I see many rabbiting on about the politics, I have been around long enough to know and if one looks you can see it that the party in power means bugger all to the outcomes in cases like this, they are all treading in uncharted territory and those in opposition if they have half a brain a probably thinking they are secretly glad they are not in the chair........... Of course when its all over you will hear them crowing about how they would have done things different... 20/20 hindsight is a marvelous thing .... and those that crow loudest are the idiots...... we even have one up here who is elected and he's the biggest numbskull you could come across, says a lot for the IQ of his electorate..........

I'm going to Canberra for Xmas, don't ask why I just am........

Reactions: Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
INTERVAL:::: :couch2:

239612679_6299997836740147_2451026705006606278_n.jpg

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
It's been proven that kids don't get anywhere near as sick as adults do from covid, but can on the rare occasion. The issue is that a majority of them aren't showing the same symptoms adults are so appear very asymptomatic.

The longer this goes on, the more I'm all for vaccinating anyone and everyone (who wants it). But my kids under 12 have said they'll get it if and when they can. I'm under 40 and fully vaccinated

Did hear in the grapevine today that there's a bipartisan agreement happening between Dan and Gladys on the proviso that they both want to get to 80% asap and agree not to impose any Futher restrictions. Not that there's really anymore they can impose.

Living with it is the only way, once we get back down to low case numbers. Then the focus must shift to hospitalisation numbers.

Reactions: Bluey

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
I see many rabbiting on about the politics, I have been around long enough to know and if one looks you can see it that the party in power means bugger all to the outcomes in cases like this, they are all treading in uncharted territory and those in opposition if they have half a brain a probably thinking they are secretly glad they are not in the chair........... Of course when its all over you will hear them crowing about how they would have done things different... 20/20 hindsight is a marvelous thing .... and those that crow loudest are the idiots.....
@Drover , those words were never so true. While a lot of people may be most unhappy, wherever you draw the line, someone will be on the wrong side of that line.
Also, whilst there are plenty of critics around, I have yet to hear from anyone who has a realistic answer that covers all contingencies, and will satisfy everyone.

Reactions: Drover and BJM

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Speaking to my old mate in Illinois USofA, he says its not rosy over there, like here full of DH's and the media is reporting Australia is locked down and herding kids by bus to get jabs with parents held at home, marvelous stuff ........................

A few weeks ago the media was screaming lockdown, lockdown we must have lockdown then when they get their wish its whats with the lockdown, let us be free with the usual social media sheep bleeting the same thing, so obviously no credibitity at all...........................

My son who raced from the deserts of QLD to ACT the other day, non stop run across Zombie land (NSW) has to isolate for 14 days no contact with family, he's isolated in the spare room at his place with a kettle to make a brew and food left in hallway .................... since his missus is a health care worker he's being good but I think its a bit ludicrous as he says at least he has less chance of catching it at home than in a hotel............ Stay safe and don't swallow your mask when you laugh......... I bet the dog wanders in and out.

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Speaking to my old mate in Illinois USofA, he says its not rosy over there, like here full of DH's and the media is reporting Australia is locked down and herding kids by bus to get jabs with parents held at home, marvelous stuff ........................

A few weeks ago the media was screaming lockdown, lockdown we must have lockdown then when they get their wish its whats with the lockdown, let us be free with the usual social media sheep bleeting the same thing, so obviously no credibitity at all...........................

My son who raced from the deserts of QLD to ACT the other day, non stop run across Zombie land (NSW) has to isolate for 14 days no contact with family, he's isolated in the spare room at his place with a kettle to make a brew and food left in hallway .................... since his missus is a health care worker he's being good but I think its a bit ludicrous as he says at least he has less chance of catching it at home than in a hotel............ Stay safe and don't swallow your mask when you laugh......... I bet the dog wanders in and out.
for years the grey nomads have been invading Queensland each winter to escape their advanced homelands south of the border, but now its is getting serious as they are massing just over the border and have even tried attacking us on horseback, its often been said that Queensland is ten years behind the times, not a bad place to be at present

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I think there's a lot of NSW and Vic's lined up on this side wanting to get back from what folks have been saying, still can't swing a cat out west as they lay doggo waiting so they can head back........... hope they can escape back home soon as I want to wander out there in a couple of weeks..............

Reactions: Boots in Action

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
I think there's a lot of NSW and Vic's lined up on this side wanting to get back from what folks have been saying, still can't swing a cat out west as they lay doggo waiting so they can head back........... hope they can escape back home soon as I want to wander out there in a couple of weeks..............
Could be a while yet @Drover although Gladys may throw open the Covid floodgates when/if she gets the population to 70% vaccinated. Then we could have the other 30%?? of travelling NSW swarming through Queensland giving Queenslanders the virus and Anna will lock us all down. Might be better to get your boat out and try your luck fishing for that big one that is still out there!

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
I was talking to a mate out at Hugenden on the road the other day ,he said thing still pretty hectic out west to the extent he has never seen so many cranky people on the road.!

Reactions: Drover