Uniden /GME UHF Radios, What have you got? And aerials?

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
image.jpg
Well here is the new uhf it's the Uniden 8060s. Like a lot of members on here have so hopefully I'm in good company. Thanks everyone for your advice on what you have purchased. Now to work out where to install it.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
I installed the uhf last night and it works a treat. I ended up going with the easy install putting it where the old one was on the passenger side of the console for a couple of reasons. 1- the bracket holes lined up so no extra drilling or need to get the old holes repaired and 2-the speaker on the main unit is unobstructed and for a bloke with not great hearing that is a plus.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
View attachment 34610 Well here is the new uhf it's the Uniden 8060s. Like a lot of members on here have so hopefully I'm in good company. Thanks everyone for your advice on what you have purchased. Now to work out where to install it.
Bit of an update on the UHF. The last couple of times I have used it it had become inconsistant with sending and receiving so i contacted Uniden last week and they told me to do a full reset of the unit which I did. Still no good so they gave me a reply paid address and I sent it back to them last Monday. Today I had a collection card from the PO. Very happy to report Uniden sent me a brand new unit. I love it when a company backs it's product and rectifies the issue with out mucking anyone around. Thanks again Uniden.
The unit does come with a 5yr warranty which is one of the reasons I went with the big brand, so it was well within the warranty period but just first class service which is great to see.

Last edited:

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Always great to hear a "Good News" story @17triton ... Still have 3 years warranty left on my Uniden but just hope it is not needed (Good to know they do the right thing when necessary!!)

Reactions: Drover