Uniden /GME UHF Radios, What have you got? And aerials?

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Hi @17triton , fitted up the gme 3540, pretty happy with it, supplied with a seperate socket for mounting mic elsewhere, base unit pretty small and tucked under dash nicely, whilst keeping good sound from the speaker, i purchased a seperate speaker but it didnt need it. Neat :)
Thanks mate that's what I like to hear good feedback.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
I owe you for the cooking tips:target:

Here I am trying a new spin on roast beef.

Capture.JPG

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
I have the Uniden UH-7760NB, with speaker and controls in the hand unit, in the Prado and no problems so far after 12 months. Main unit fits nicely to the side of the glove box. Had a GME 3100 (From memory) previously and no issues with that one either apart from having to mount it externally.

Reactions: 17triton

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
OK gang I'm going to bunny hop off the back of @17triton's thread... I too am getting the UHF sorted in the truck and have pretty much landed on the GME tx3345.

Now my question... what aerial/antenna should I be looking for? It's only for recreational use, mostly convoy stuff, but maybe for some light entertainment on the highway too... Metal vs. Fibreglass? Gain? Brand? I really have no idea about these things so open my mind (and cautiously my wallet) to you guys for some sage advice.

I'll be mounting it on the dedicated mounts on the bulbar.

yabbietol

Sep 2, 2014
Queanbeyan NSW
OK gang I'm going to bunny hop off the back of @17triton's thread... I too am getting the UHF sorted in the truck and have pretty much landed on the GME tx3345.

Now my question... what aerial/antenna should I be looking for? It's only for recreational use, mostly convoy stuff, but maybe for some light entertainment on the highway too... Metal vs. Fibreglass? Gain? Brand? I really have no idea about these things so open my mind (and cautiously my wallet) to you guys for some sage advice.

I'll be mounting it on the dedicated mounts on the bulbar.
I can suggest for cost vs benefit a 6db GME aerial with goose neck for short range applications and mounting on bull bar about $70 to $90.
Such as:

http://www.prestigecom.net.au/gme-ae4018-k1-6-6-3-dbi-uhf-cb-antenna-pack

You can get better aerials for more money, but I have an older model and it works well and you can replace the top whip if it gets broken or stolen. GME make good aerials and cables and connectors.

Regards
Terry

Reactions: Smergen

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I can suggest for cost vs benefit a 6db GME aerial with goose neck for short range applications and mounting on bull bar about $70 to $90.
Such as:

http://www.prestigecom.net.au/gme-ae4018-k1-6-6-3-dbi-uhf-cb-antenna-pack

You can get better aerials for more money, but I have an older model and it works well and you can replace the top whip if it gets broken or stolen. GME make good aerials and cables and connectors.

Regards
Terry
Ive the same antenna as @yabbietol. Its been on 4 different cars now, and works fine.