Stone Stomper's new 200LC

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
Got a bit more done today, air compressor wired up and working with a fan to keep cool, water pump, battery charger and inverter also wired up and bolted in the drop fridge slide.

Extension lead under the car to save having a lead through the rear door and closing on the lead.

Cargo barrier to make next.

image0004.jpg
image0006.jpg
image0008.jpg
image0010.jpg
image0011.jpg
image0014.jpg
image0016.jpg
image0017.jpg
image0018.jpg

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
There is nothing on the market that compares to what you have develpoed there SS. Quality and fit for purpose.

Just like your stone guards.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
You will love it, I have heard from many customers about how good they are but now I know why they are so happy it's just fantastic.

Hey SS did you remove the carpet from the cargo area for the drawers or leave it Underneath?

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
Hey SS did you remove the carpet from the cargo area for the drawers or leave it Underneath?

Hi Jim,

No I left the carpet in as I wanted the extra sound deadening and put clear PVC table cover you can get from Spotlight over the carpet for protection.

There are 4 plastic covers on the floor for the third row seats to clamp down, I removed the plastic covers and used one of the bolt holes per clamp to bolt the drawers down.

Christian

Adam79

May 28, 2013
Brisbane
Very impressive work Christian! A great deal of thought has gone into the draws. Keep the pictures coming mate.

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
Thanks Adam.

Got a bit of time to install the scan gauge, hard to find a good place so it doesn't look like a taxi cab, ended up in the corner and used two pieces of duct tape, one on the under side of the scan gauge and the other on the dash and then a thin layer of silicone on the duct tap so when the time comes just peel off the duct tape hopefully.

Wired up a relay ready for the ARB bull bars fog lights so they will come on with the high beam...still a months wait for fitting though.

Cargo barrier made and at the powder coaters. When camped last week end we found we needed a light on the tailgate so picked this one up from Whitworths Marine $29 and removed the square plastic cover on the tailgate so I could screw into the recessed edge without making visible holes in the trim, ran the wires inside the trim and through the rubber grommet to the body then down to the agm.

Christian

image0001.jpg
image0003.jpg
image0007.jpg
image0008.jpg
image0012.jpg
image0016.jpg
image0022.jpg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Hey mate can you see the scan gauge alright there? You must have the wheel down lower do you? I found there i couldn't see it and in the centre it blocked my view to the centre of he lower instrument cluster.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks mate. Yeah I thought it would be a no brainer to mount it buts a bit of a pain. Thinking of something a bit different, but it might just be the same spot for now.

btw the lights a great idea as the backs a bit dark. As mentioned on lcool mate just make sure to carry the tools to get it off outside of drawers, that goes for a cargo barrier too. In the event of a flat battery or failed tailgate lock that panel is the only way to unlock the tail gate.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Nice work. That brackets neat.

I ran my reverse cam wiring last week end but have poped it up on the dash yet. Where did you come through behind the speaker grille?

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
Hi Jim,

I ran the cable along the door step trim and then up the side of the dash where you can pull the door rubber back and with a stubby flat head screw driver carefully lever the trim out to feed the wire in then up around the edge of the dash like the picture.

Christian

image00024.jpg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Neat my tyredog is there, might run the 12v to it the same way. Yes I ran my cram wire up alongside the fuel flap release. Spots made for it.