Stone Stomper's new 200LC

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Great work there.

Starting to make me feel lazy. WIll need to get stuck into doing some drawers for my BT now.:(

Keep the photos coming.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Stone Stomper was just watching some old 4WD discs and seen an LC with a tailgate false door from the inside which is utilised as storage.

Do you have any room within your tailgate to do the same, could be a nifty place for recovery gear or the like. i'm tryn to do something like that to the Pathy's tailgate.

Cheers Pace.

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
Hey SS, those little bubble levels on the draw bar of the expanda, do you find they work?
There great Brad, you need to to get the van dead level with the jockey wheel and a jack on one side of the van then put a level in the floor of the van to make sure the van is level everywhere and then silicon the bubble down and move till the bubbles are spot on then leave to cure.

Reactions: skippy

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
Stone Stomper was just watching some old 4WD discs and seen an LC with a tailgate false door from the inside which is utilised as storage.

Do you have any room within your tailgate to do the same, could be a nifty place for recovery gear or the like. i'm tryn to do something like that to the Pathy's tailgate.

Cheers Pace.
There are two small storage areas one has a tool box in.

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Hi Christian - great to see what you are doing - what is the thickness of the ply you used for your drawers. Also where do you get the carpet?

Thanks
Bill

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
Hi Christian - great to see what you are doing - what is the thickness of the ply you used for your drawers. Also where do you get the carpet?

Thanks
Bill

Hi Bill, everything is 12mm ply except the sides of the drawers and the back panels that was 9mm and easy to screw and glue you just need to pre-drill first.

Carpet came from Bunnings not the marine one but automotive at 2m wide and $36 p/m

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Great job on the drawers Stone Stomper! just a question on the neat job you did with the carpet, did you have to dissasemble to carpet or not? and what glue contact adhesive? i`d love to know for when i get around to making mine.

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
Great job on the drawers Stone Stomper! just a question on the neat job you did with the carpet, did you have to dissasemble to carpet or not? and what glue contact adhesive? i`d love to know for when i get around to making mine.

Thanks Matt, I didn't take the drawers apart as they are glued and screwed so just cut the carpet to size and did the sides in one piece starting inside going over the top and down the other side.

The glue I used was mainly Quick Grip, you put the glue on the carpet and the drawer let it go tacky then stick it together and supa glue works a treat on the tight edges.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Thanks Matt, I didn't take the drawers apart as they are glued and screwed so just cut the carpet to size and did the sides in one piece starting inside going over the top and down the other side.

The glue I used was mainly Quick Grip, you put the glue on the carpet and the drawer let it go tacky then stick it together and supa glue works a treat on the tight edges.
Thanks mate!

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
Picked up the Bull bar to weld an extra antenna tab on as ARB wanted 11% extra not sure how they got that figure.

Bolted the drawers down and started the carpeting

image0002 (4).jpg
image0004 (4).jpg
image0005 (3).jpg
image0010 (2).jpg
image0011 (2).jpg