Starcraft Starcraft 17:58-3 options & quirks. Post them here.

halbster

May 13, 2014
Mate.. now I can't wait until Thursday !!!

Does sliding v hopper windows make any difference to you guys, is there a benefit one ofver the other? I guess you have a bigger openning for actual air flow.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I prefer hopper more for if it rains also kids with sliding windows :(

Yeah the rain would be the benefit, but kids trying to undo those latches could be an issue. Open area would be simalar I think.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Buffet next to Dinette was missing on 16" as well. And beds smaller it's only 30cm bigger to 17" :)

With windows when we hired the expanda we kept hearing Zippers and laughing from other end of van. We said you boys touching zippers which we received more laughing. So yes I know they touch whatever window they can.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Seeing we put a external shower under bunk I have a feeling the HWS could move on ours find out Thursday
Doubt it Dave, they'll just run the hot and cold up to under the bunk to the shower point. Then you'll have this abomination of hoses in under the bunk where they push back from the outside shower point :D

You can see Iam not a fan. You'll be right just not the neatest setup for something totally a couple of hundred dollars.

Reactions: davemc

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Jimmy reading around seems they do not put the clips on the John Guest system. Wait to we get the van and check.
http://caravansplus.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=6984

Have a long list of things I have seen go wrong which I will try to counter act :) if I can.

Correct but having used those type of fittings for 20+ years in pneumatics/automation etc and never had one come off Iam not inclined to bother unless there is a way that the JG fitting could get bumped or knocked, then they might be good insurance.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
under the bunk and the bed. Will throw crap in there.. So will look to do them for sure.
At least have the van home for a week before our trip in case we run into anything. Although will not be able to open awning have like 80cms :)

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
If the HWS is under the main bed then that is one major problem fixed over the 16. There were many isues with the 16 model, for mine the smaller front bed wasn't one of them.

For me the issues with the 16 were around the bunks. 1. Fixed bottom bunk window due to HWS (i was told the HWS would not fit under main bed). So glad they fixed that one. 2. the height between bottom and top bunk were too small for mone. But i looked into a display once closely and felt i could raise the top bunk by about 100-1500mm pretty easily. Would just partialy block the top window though.

Not long to wait now @davemc . Very exciting!

Reactions: cruza driver

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
If the HWS is under the main bed then that is one major problem fixed over the 16. There were many isues with the 16 model, for mine the smaller front bed wasn't one of them.

For me the issues with the 16 were around the bunks. 1. Fixed bottom bunk window due to HWS (i was told the HWS would not fit under main bed). So glad they fixed that one. 2. the height between bottom and top bunk were too small for mone. But i looked into a display once closely and felt i could raise the top bunk by about 100-1500mm pretty easily. Would just partialy block the top window though.

Not long to wait now @davemc . Very exciting!

Yeah the HWS is right at the front corner. The bunk is still a tad low, but I managed to climb into it which was no mean feat. I figured having a teenagers it could be a good place to brood and sulk! But your right Moto wouldn't take much to raise and as mentioned I tried to get a trifold to no avail. I will also be looking at taking the top out completely as we start to travel with one less kid, :biggrin-26:

Reactions: cruza driver

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
@Moto Moto Reading on here I think the window was fixed during the 16.67 year as was the bed.

The low height of the bunk well yes I can get in there just. Two year old got a while before he complains.
We almost brought a Avan Lily the bunks where higher as the walls where higher, that is why the microwave is up above the stove not on the ground like the Jayco. Setting up the main bed every night from a couch would of gotten old soon though.

@achjimmy Yes I would of loved the setup from the 17-56 with bunk setup with table and trifold. Really the -1 sleeps 7 although seating for 4 inside. Also I noticed a few secondhand ones they removed the back wardrobe and drawers and put a fourth bunk in there :)