Smergen's LTZ Colorado - The Rock Truck

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Damn I missed out on guessing. You'll have to get another mod so I can play too. What lights did you get mate?

The stock standard ARB ones mate. Figured as an entry into the market, I wanted to do more investigation into light bars and other bar mounted paraphenalia, but needed something in the first instance.

Reactions: Kenshi123

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Well in a fit of spontaneity The Rock Truck's first major mod is happening on Monday and it isn't any of the ARB gear... Do we play the guessing game again, wait for photos or shall I just tell people?

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
OK... The Rock Truck is in the shop, getting it back tomorrow afternoon.

Whilst I'm here thought I might give an update on recent tow up to Mt Franklin. This car continues to grow on me more and more. The money on the upgrade continues to be reaffirmed as towing is now so stress free. I just sit it in manual mode and flip back between 4 and 5 as needed and on we truck.

Managed to keep a constant 100km/h up the Pentland Hills which I was particularly impressed with.

Everything seems to be settling in nicely, but I feel that perhaps some work at the back end might come at some stage. With the tanks full the back end seemed a little floaty on the "less than smooth" road between Ballan and Daylesford. I reckon a set of airbags might help dampen that out a tad. Given the large distance the stock springs have, I just wonder that it floats up and down more than I'd like.

Still, that'll have to wait... Here is a happy snap from the weekend.

IMG_1866.JPG

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Airbags would be the go but a decent set of shocks wouldn't hurt either, the stock on most vehicles are never much to write home about.
New vehicles are just so much fun.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
No probs that way you will get a bit more of a feel of it as it is and should notice the difference with the wdh on.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
No probs that way you will get a bit more of a feel of it as it is and should notice the difference with the wdh on.

It must be late but It depends how you read that..................................

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA

Whilst I'm here thought I might give an update on recent tow up to Mt Franklin. This car continues to grow on me more and more. The money on the upgrade continues to be reaffirmed as towing is now so stress free. I just sit it in manual mode and flip back between 4 and 5 as needed and on we truck.

Managed to keep a constant 100km/h up the Pentland Hills which I was particularly impressed with.

Everything seems to be settling in nicely, but I feel that perhaps some work at the back end might come at some stage. With the tanks full the back end seemed a little floaty on the "less than smooth" road between Ballan and Daylesford. I reckon a set of airbags might help dampen that out a tad. Given the large distance the stock springs have, I just wonder that it floats up and down more than I'd like.

View attachment 30195

Best thing I ever did @Smergen was lift my Colorado 2 inches and do away with the sagy stock suspenion. Also doing the shocks at the same time and adding air bags was a massive gain for control and response on and off road.

Reactions: relgate

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA

View attachment 30195

How do you find the trans temps on your Colorado when towing to @Smergen ?