Smergen's LTZ Colorado - The Rock Truck

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
A scissor lift mounted on the tow bar....or draw bar...so he can raise himself above the hordes for afternoon drinkies and, in the tradition of the item having multiple uses, to be used as a fishing or diving platform.

And Qld number plates of course.

:angel-87:

Reactions: Drover

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
A scissor lift mounted on the tow bar....or draw bar...so he can raise himself above the hordes for afternoon drinkies and, in the tradition of the item having multiple uses, to be used as a fishing or diving platform.

And Qld number plates of course.

:angel-87:

You've thought about this for a while haven't you... And people really want me in Qld for some reason...

Deposit down? Not another child for the rock truck??? Sorry

:ban:

A Still...............

....?

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
im thinking what vics good ponits are apart from good pay

You are joking right? Let me see...
  • Melbourne - sporting capital and Victoria the sporting state.
  • High Country
  • Goldfields district
  • Wilsons Prom and the Gippsland area
  • Otways
  • Great Ocean Rd
  • Proximity of all these places to each other (usually less than a day)
  • Great food culture
  • Great coffee culture
  • 4 actual seasons as opposed to "a really humid one and a really dry one"
  • The ability to have snow and beach
  • No canetoads (yet)
  • Affordable lifestyle...
Geez... where do I stop?

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
  • High Country
  • Goldfields district
  • Otways
  • Great Ocean Rd
  • Great food culture
  • Great coffee culture
  • No canetoads (yet)
Geez... where do I stop?

• 38 deg one day....19 the next?
  • Thunderstorm in between
  • Warnie...lucky you
  • Rabbits
  • Melbourne traffic
  • Flooding on Murray
  • Warnie...still
  • Cold weather every second day
  • Daylight saving
  • Jayco factory
  • Warnie...forever
That's where I stop!

:alien:

Reactions: Drover and dagree

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
  • High Country
  • Goldfields district
  • Otways
  • Great Ocean Rd
  • Great food culture
  • Great coffee culture
  • No canetoads (yet)
Geez... where do I stop?
Yea good points it is a good state we have some great car parks they call freeways back to your truck sorry to off the beaten track ha ha get it lol

Reactions: dagree

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Whats wrong with a still ?????????? I thought it would be a great addition, an excellant mod..........

If Vic is so great why do they all turn up here to cause traffic jams ?????????//:closed_2:

One of the many great things about QLD, well 2 actually no need for a diesel heater and I'm here....................:drum:..............................

Not of topic either, just waiting for someone to remember what his great mod is......................................can't be the ultimate mod, a Holden Badge it's already got one.....................:encouragement:

Reactions: dagree

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
If Vic is so great why do they all turn up here to cause traffic jams ?????????//:closed_2:

It's the same mentality that people go out to missionaries and third world countries.To essentially help out the locals and disadvantaged through assistance and economic stimulus.

Not of topic either, just waiting for someone to remember what his great mod is......................................can't be the ultimate mod, a Holden Badge it's already got one.....................:encouragement:

:spy:

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Whats wrong with a still ?????????? I thought it would be a great addition, an excellant mod..........

One of the many great things about QLD, well 2 actually no need for a diesel heater and I'm here....................:drum:..............................

Yep. A still is a possibility. :(

(I'm currently distilling some water.....after setting up the fermenters for the moonshine....the place here stinks like a brewery so I need to get it finished! Yield so far.....about 30 litres and counting. Should keep us going till Christmas.)

and @Smergen .....in the absence of further information from you, we may as well stay off the topic.....keeps us amused.

:boink:

And @Drover are Holden badges now available at the reject shop? Along with diesel heaters.

After yesterday's 36deg temperature, a diesel heater is not an option.

:clap2:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
It's the same mentality that people go out to missionaries and third world countries.To essentially help out the locals and disadvantaged through assistance and economic stimulus.
:spy:

So spears at the ready then............................unfurl loin clothes, repel boarders then.

Yep. A still is a possibility. :(

(I'm currently distilling some water.....after setting up the fermenters for the moonshine....the place here stinks like a brewery so I need to get it finished! Yield so far.....about 30 litres and counting. Should keep us going till Christmas.)
:clap2:
So a mushroom cloud appearing south of me means you struck a match does it Mr @Dobbie ???????????/

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
At least I'll go happy!

Can you smell it from there?

(Four fermenters farting fortuitously and furiously...and productively and one large still producing distilled water....:o)

:focus:.....still off topic. It's up to @Smergen to set us straight.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
And i changed my jocks for nothing...................................................

ON TOPIC..............Mr @Smergen next time you have your head under the bonnet, marvelling at the Holden brilliance, have a look at the top of the timing cover and let me know if it has VM Motori stamped on it....................reading the history of this engine manufacturer and I am curious to know if the later models have the same 2.8lt donk in them, they used them in the 2012 upgrade but I think it changed again, it may be the 2016 that has one from elsewhere...the company has a curious ownership history.......GM, Chysler, Detroit, Fiat.................