Relgate got a new BT50 GT

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
relgate have you got a link for the camera, I'm going through the same process :)

Awesome news to mate you wont know yourself with the Expanda on the back.

Mine is freeing up bit more lately free-random-smileys-367.gif

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
relgate have you got a link for the camera, I'm going through the same process :)

Awesome news to mate you wont know yourself with the Expanda on the back.

Mine is freeing up bit more lately View attachment 14771

Here for the van camera system (I wont use the monitor or car camera)
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330688476792?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

And here for the reverse mirror
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/REVERSIN..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c3407588c&_uhb=1

I haven't received wither yet but will let you know how I get on when I do.

Reactions: cruza driver

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I have bought and fitted the system mentioned by relgate to my truck and van. I am very happy with the setup with one small exception. The mirror is quite dark when looking back through the rear window, the window at the front of the canopy and the one at the rear of the canopy. It is still usable but just darker than a normal mirror.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I have bought and fitted the system mentioned by relgate to my truck and van. I am very happy with the setup with one small exception. The mirror is quite dark when looking back through the rear window, the window at the front of the canopy and the one at the rear of the canopy. It is still usable but just darker than a normal mirror.

Good to know. I've requested 'no tint' on the BT50 rear window, so hopefully this will help a little.

Been waiting in the driveway all day. Still no Mazda...

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
What can I say. Better than I remember at the test drive. Quiet, powerful and comfortable on the road. The wife is very happy too.

Went over to TJM to get my list of extras sorted but not too happy with the final $$$

I'll have another look at that tomorrow.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Nice one relegate. You know you want the extras. We want to see you with the extras. I am sure the wife wants to see you with the extras too.
Cmon... Just do it. :)

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Well, I just 'pulled the trigger' on a bit of fruit.
I was all set on a heap of gear from TJM*, I like the look of their front bar and so decided to get it all from them. Unfortunately, I had a less then encouraging 2nd visit to them yesterday. They didnt seem too interested in my questions, and were not interested in reducing their price. This may not have been a big issue, however, the second in charge there had previously suggested at least a 10% discount on the package price which was hovering around $12K. When I went in yesterday, the Boss was there and managed to take 5% off the bar and winch, but not off anything else. He even (somehow?) added $50 to the radio/aerial price ?! I didnt feel comfortable with the atmosphere/attitude there so when I was heading back there today (to buy) I dropped in at ARB which was having a big end of fin. year sale. After a quick look, I rang TJM from the car park to see if we could work something out on the entire package and I got a flat "No" with a hint of rudeness. I went in to ARB and was met by a very knowledgeable staff member who spent well over 1 hr with me talking over my needs. He put a quote together which was well discounted so I went for it!
I will now be getting ARB:
Bull Bar
Warn 9000lb winch
Underbody protection
Radio and aerial
OME suspension
Trailer hotwire *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring* install
Brake control install
Reverse camera install

The staff member and I spoke at length about the suspension upgrade and the issues that may arise (shudder at slow speeds) and how ARB has worked to get this right. I could go on, but basically he made me feel comfortable to hand over the cash and trust them with the install.

My biggest issue now is the canopy. I was going for the Flexiglass, but realize that it has limited carrying ability. I like the ARB system but they dont have central locking. I also like the Razorback Steel canopy for the ability to put a track on it, but I'm not sold on it's look (and price, although fair, is on the high side). I'll tackle the canopy issue on Monday.

*No disrespect to TJM or their equipment, just reporting my experience with one of their store owners.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
We have the ARB canopy, roof rack and internal support. Very happy with it. At least with no central locking there is something less to go wrong. I like the fact that there are Arb dealers everywhere and if smash a window I can get one.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
We have the ARB canopy, roof rack and internal support. Very happy with it. At least with no central locking there is something less to go wrong. I like the fact that there are Arb dealers everywhere and if smash a window I can get one.

Yep, I'm beginning to come around...
I found this http://canopylocks.com.au/
It's a bit of a band aid fix but it looks like it works

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
[quote="relgate, post: ....
*No disrespect to TJM or their equipment, just reporting my experience with one of their store owners....[/quote]

Well said. Product AND Customer Service is a package in my book. Offer both and you get my business.
My local ARB blokes are interested in what you're doing, even if you're an old fart like me. Likewise the Prestige Jayco parts guys I go back to in Geelong. etc., etc. It doesn't cost much to provide good customer service. It must cost business when service is regarded as old fashioned and unnecessary...I don't go back.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
I've got the ARB canopy and am impressed in the quality. With regards to the central locking I don't find it too hard to unlock the latches when required. I have the lift up sides which are great for access.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
See what happens I've been offline for a few days and your BT GT turns up :rockon: :clap2:

You can't beat good customer service mate and when your handing over your hard earned you want to feel comfortable. What spring rating did you choose in the rear? I've heard there is a bit of a wait on the Bullbars at the moment but it will be worth it :thumb:

I like the smokey bonnet deflector too it hides all the dust behind it ;)

:tea: