Discovery Our Jayco Discovery

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
image.jpg

Last camping trip we were blessed with a camp full of bogans next door which led me to think, they could just lift our $350 antenna out and walk away with it. Not any more

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
Got a rear wheel garbage bag made up, a smaller compartment to store hoses in and the large part for garbage. All bags Ive seen are to small, only hold a bag of rubbish. I also had it made with a mesh bottom so itll drain well and should stop from smelling
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
Also replaced our external TV socket with one of these. Some how Ive had nothing but trouble with normal connectors so hope this is the last time I have to
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
With our 12mth + trip coming up, Id considered a grey water tank a few times but never wortied about it.
Looking at a lot of free camps on the net it was stipulated you had to contain gray water so knocked one up today.
With no room under van now Ive added an extra tank, on the draw bar tucked in close to van was the only spot left. I used 150mm PVC pipe, with a tap one end to empty it. Will have to put buckets under drains on van the tip into tank but decided that was easiest. Will hold about 50lts.
image.jpg

Reactions: bigcol

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
They may be but ive seen plenty do it this way.
Ive also made all my suspension greasable, drilled all the pivot bolts out, fitted grease nipples and put new bush's in, should ride better and last longer.View attachment 32001
I thought about doing the same with my pivot bolts as they are getting a bit noisy, apparently you can buy them already done at ISP.