MDS69 - 14.44.4 OB At Home (Updated 15/06/15)

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
It's not surprising really, come across thread tape blocking lines on numerous occasions with plumbing, vehicles and around the house. I suppose just like cable crimps which only crimp onto the shielding. Bad QC which is all too common everywhere.

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Woo hoo first mod complete
IMG_0245_zpsa24e09c8.jpg

Thanks to @Colin&Sue for A) the idea and B) the ebay link. $4.95 delivered to my door.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I do like that mod, even though I have a remote job now I still may lash out $8 and fit one of those, keep the remote job for on road.

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Over the weekend just gone we had a quick two night trip to Lake Lyell out at Lithgow. It was our first time there and at just under two hours from home it will become a place to return to.
We had an unpowered site on the waters edge and really good weather. Friends from Orange also made the trip over for a catch up. Got a fire going and cooked the scones in the camp oven again. Kids swam in the lake and the adults relaxed with a few brews.
Excuse my panorama shot as it is a bit wonky. I might have been a bit wonky myself when I took it;)
IMG_0373_zps7d2b3662.jpg

IMG_0370_zpsddb35e55.jpg

IMG_0369_zpsbdcb26f2.jpg

IMG_0368_zps02209987.jpg

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
@Drover I recommend it. You will have to book though. It was $40.00 total for 2 x adults and 2 x school age kids for two nights on an unpowered site. The amenities block was clean with the showers $0.20 for 1 minute.

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Looks nice a very nice spot @MDS69
Like the pics too, only the last one is out of focus, all I can see is wildlife and scenery, I think you needed to focus a bit closer in:joyous:

Reactions: MDS69

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Well it has been a while since the last update.
7 nights spent at the Big 4 in Harrington over New Years Eve 2015/2016. We booked late and got an unpowered site which is fine but they put us under a tree which isn't conducive to solar charging nor the fact it was a low hanging tree so we couldn't pop the top. We got to choose another site luckily.

Australia Day weekend saw 3 nights at Del Rio on an unpowered site. A nice park close to home, well it would be close if I took the right ferry across the river but we won't go there.

June long weekend saw a return to Upper Colo River. Great weather and great company with some friends from Winmalee in their OB Swan. Temps overnight only got down to 4 degrees. I thought we would get lower but that was enough. First time camping with a dog. I swore I wouldn't do this but circumstances dictated we do. Literally 2 hours before leaving on the Friday our 15yo cav died. We had booked him and our 10 month old cav into the vet for boarding over the weekend but the older one passed. We went to say our goodbyes and picked the pup up and took her with us. She was excellent and handled it well. Needless to say depending on the trip length and place we will take her again.
Older one on the left and pup on the right.
IMG_0571_zpsrqjyenrl.jpg

Last couple of small mods.
This garbage bin is a great size for the 14. Takes a supermarket bag as a liner.
IMG_0832_zpsqz5h4aff.jpg

I fed two lengths of 40mm electrical conduit down the N/S chassis rail and keep a 4m length of waste water hose down each.
IMG_0831_zpsxkbzvehc.jpg

A bike rack mounting bracket I had made by an engineering shop.
IMG_0379_zpsewkjddol.jpg

Still need to mount and hardwire my inverter and install a double pole GPO for it.
Install the computer fans for the fridge. Also check it is installed correctly.
Re-wire the fridge to an Anderson plug on the draw bar.
Hoping to upgrade the solar panel. I have been promised a 250W panel for nix so waiting for it to come through.
Check and fix if necessary dust sealing and protect underbody services.

We have a 2 week Menindee Lakes, Mungo National Park and Darling River run scheduled for the Sep/Oct NSW school holidays so I need to get cracking. Before that the young bloke has a 2 day State Championships for softball in Camden early September so even though it is only an hour down the M7/M5 we will take the van.

carts

Jan 12, 2012
Over the weekend just gone we had a quick two night trip to Lake Lyell out at Lithgow. It was our first time there and at just under two hours from home it will become a place to return to.
We had an unpowered site on the waters edge and really good weather. Friends from Orange also made the trip over for a catch up. Got a fire going and cooked the scones in the camp oven again. Kids swam in the lake and the adults relaxed with a few brews.
Excuse my panorama shot as it is a bit wonky. I might have been a bit wonky myself when I took it;)
IMG_0373_zps7d2b3662.jpg

IMG_0370_zpsddb35e55.jpg

IMG_0369_zpsbdcb26f2.jpg

IMG_0368_zps02209987.jpg
How good do those scones look ....,we make a fair damper but they look fantastic ...whats your secret ??

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
How good do those scones look ....,we make a fair damper but they look fantastic ...whats your secret ??

Luck. I have a few failures too but no photos of those for some reason:wink:

MDS69 that fridge temp readout looks good. Could you post the bay link. There are quite a few on there. Cheers.

Thanks to @Colsar
http://expandasdownunder.com/threads/colin-sue-16-49-1.5155/page-5

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Digital-...74?pt=AU_Decor_Furnishing&hash=item43cb935462

Reactions: bigcol

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Thanks @dagree. He was deaf as a post for the last 5 years and snored like you wouldn't believe but we miss him however I picked him up from the vet on Friday and he is currently sitting on the book case in a jar if you know what I mean.

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

Martin

Jan 11, 2015
Sydney
Returning to Sydney after a 9 week clockwise trip in our 14.44.5 expanda outback that we picked up early April. - a fabulous van, you will love it. Cheers

Reactions: bigcol and MDS69