Jac & Baz's 6 month trek

SMJ x2

Apr 12, 2015
PERTH
Great photo's.I am glad you are liking our state,lots of hidden gems out there.
Hope you get to Karajini NP ,one of my fav's in the north.

Reactions: jacbaz

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Geez... you're not making it easy on those of us left behind!! Jealousy is a curse for all of us I suppose! Keep on living the dream guys and love the updates!

*Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring* :)

One of our best stretches of coastline up that way @jacbaz. Keep the pics coming!

Reactions: jacbaz

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Not wrong there @jacbaz ... We live here and will take a lifetime to see what we want in our own state. Do not whatever the consequences miss out on Karajini. I'm hoping to get back up there for a better look in a couple of years. Only did a quick day trip there when I was at Tom Price for work about 10 years ago.

Reactions: bigcol and jacbaz

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Take as much time as you can @jacbaz ... A long way to come back to see the areas you missed!
Have friends that lived and worked in different areas in the North West and haven't been to or seen places that the lucky travelers have told them about!

One hint I have been given was to call into the local "drinking hole" and look for someone that doesn't look like a local (AKA Grey Nomad or terrorist/tourist) and get talking to them... They find the best areas to stay and visit.

Reactions: bigcol and jacbaz

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
Hi @jacbaz
Been paying attention to your trip as we're heading the opposite way and are trying to find a few things that aren't listed in the brochures. The hints on your thread have been great.

Where are you at now? We're in Broome until Friday then heading to Port Hedland for some work hopefuly.

Cheers
Peterg

Reactions: jacbaz and bigcol

jacbaz

Feb 6, 2011
Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne
Hi all ... update time again - currently at Exmouth after spending a week at Osprey Bay in Cape Range NP - what a beautiful place that was ... spent the week snorkelling, walking the Yardie Creek Gorge, swimming with turtles, fishing, happy hours, watching amazing sunsets and swimming with the whale sharks ...
Off to Coral Bay tomorrow or the next day, then Warroora Station (although the road in is apparently impassable today due to 100mm of rain yesterday!)
The hardest task of the day is thinking about where to next ... this lifestyle is definately growing on us!
image.jpg

The view from our site at Osprey Bay (site 9 is a ripper), although all the sites have been designed to take in the water views ... this campground was redeveloped and opened in March so the long drops were in immaculate condition. There is one section for people with generators and the one we stayed in they couldn't be used.
image.jpg

The whale shark tour is well worth doing - we had a snorkel on the outside of the reef because it was so calm, you then have about 4 swims with the whale sharks, followed by lunch and another snorkel on the inner reef ... the varieties of fish you see are amazing.
Take care all ... until next time!

jacbaz

Feb 6, 2011
Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne
Hi @jacbaz
Been paying attention to your trip as we're heading the opposite way and are trying to find a few things that aren't listed in the brochures. The hints on your thread have been great.

Where are you at now? We're in Broome until Friday then heading to Port Hedland for some work hopefuly.

Cheers
Peterg
Currently in Exmouth at the Big 4 ... then off to Coral Bay, Warroora (depending on weather) then in to Kurijini and through to Port Hedland ... Good luck with the work hunt @peterg !!!