Holden Man's Landcruiser 200 series VX

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Geeeeeez @Holden_man it would kill me, new truck, new van I'd be running around in circles like a kid in the lolly shop, wouldn't know what mod to do first, in fact pack up and bolt, sort it later......................or just sit in my shed and give it a rev.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Must say @Drover , I wasn't as impressed when I drove the car. The accelerator pedal is weird. Need to push it half way down before it does anything. Plus, for the price, I would have expected more accessories as standard and definitely more 12v outlets. But, as long as it pulls the panda no problems, and takes me on my trip across the top.....them I'm a happy camper. If it doesn't...you'll hear about it on the news. Ha ha ha.

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
@Smirke

Must have been in Eco mode. Power mode is a different story. It's definitely a V8 that can go. Only one 240 socket at the back back... But that's good for the fridge to auto switch between the 240volt socket when the car is running and an auxillary battery when stopped.

Reactions: Smirke

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
@Smirke

Must have been in Eco mode. Power mode is a different story. It's definitely a V8 that can go. Only one 240 socket at the back back... But that's good for the fridge to auto switch between the 240volt socket when the car is running and an auxillary battery when stopped.
yes, it had a green 'eco' on the dash. I gather they all have them and it makes the car drive more 'conservatively'. (Bugger that when towing, I want power!!!!!!!)
So the engel runs ok off that point? (and does it automatically switch to 12V when car's not on?)

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
My fridge wouldn't run off the 2??v plug in the rear. So installed my own 12v battery (3rd) in the back wired it to the front battery via a charge and isolator. No issues in 12 months of continuous use.

Reactions: dagree and Smirke

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
3rd mod on the Cruiser was another fuse block, and dedicated power in the back for fridges etc
1st mod was dual batteries
2nd mod was rip out back seats and fit a draws system
4th mod was Anderson plug at rear
5th was fitting brake controller
6th was a Super Charger for the 4.7L V8 (off a Lexus)
-
-
-
12th was taking Super Charger off, as it made me drive like a Loon - (all that Grunt should be used I am told)

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Well I have a date........9th March, now that's not long... :(
Not a date for pick up, but ours comes in to port on 24/2 and we pick it up 2 - 3 weeks later which brings it approx the same time as you. Just in time for caravan and camping show......phew! I also asked about the thing to check on its progress. We don't get one......bummer.

Reactions: dagree

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
the best part about the air bags (in my humble opinion)
is that you can add as much air as you want to help level the load you are towing

then drop the air out (min is 5PSI I think) when not needed

another mod I did with mine
each bag has its own nozzle to fill - so the pressure is only on that line, not a joiner and such
much easier to get level as well

Reactions: dagree and Delano

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
over here (Wait Awhile) I use Deerings for any electrical work
Deerings by name - Deerings by nature

but they have unconditional warranty, and do a break down service as well

Reactions: Holden_man

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
We've used a good local guy but it's on Northside.

Once, he wasn't available so used a mobile auto leckie who was also good and about the same price. Probably better to go with someone you trust if there's a bit to do.

Funny, our guy also offers a breakdown service but he's never had to use it...or so he tells me.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Got a price for those interested in price comparisons on fitting Airbags, was quoted $750 for Firestone with the protection covers. Seems reasonable.

What didn't seem reasonable was the price ARB quoted for doing the Electrical on the cruiser to suit the Lotus.

Change 7 pin to 12 pin - $170
Install owner supplied Towpro - $310
50A Anderson and 10mm wiring for caravan charge - $575
No ESC wiring required, Dexter ESC wired directly to Lotus Batteries.

$1055 seems a lot of coin for the electrical. Going to get a second quote on the Electrical.
WOW,!!
I asked at ORE, and usually they are pricey, but the airbags came in at $550, an Anderson was $183, the 12V I didn't ask as we are getting 3 usb/12v and 1 engel point, 3rd battery was $1550, tow pro was $649 and the rear wheel carrier was $1770 (if we do end up getting it) not sure whether to get an Anderson. We don't have one on the van, but am thinking it may be good idea. ORE also said they'd use the bigger wiring for the 12v points.

We don't have a wdh with the bbb and panda at the moment, and to be honest, I don't really want one on this one either. I found the panda rides beautifully behind us. Just hope the bwb lives up to expectations.

Reactions: Delano and dagree

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
the best part about the air bags (in my humble opinion)
is that you can add as much air as you want to help level the load you are towing

then drop the air out (min is 5PSI I think) when not needed

another mod I did with mine
each bag has its own nozzle to fill - so the pressure is only on that line, not a joiner and such
much easier to get level as well

I have polyair bags as well and have fitted a pillar pod showing the pressure in each bag, as well as control valves up front so I can adjust the pressure up or down on the fly.

Came from air bag man in Queensland.