Holden Man's Landcruiser 200 series VX

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I have polyair bags as well and have fitted a pillar pod showing the pressure in each bag, as well as control valves up front so I can adjust the pressure up or down on the fly.

Came from air bag man in Queensland.

I didnt quite go as in-depth as you @Bellbirdweb - I have a triple pod, which is full
when I hook up, I always adjust the tyre pressures with the big compressor, so I adjust the air bags as well if required at the same time

an on board compressor & air tank are on the list of mods to the car
for pumping tyres & running front air locker

finding room for them is the major hurdle at the moment

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
We have old man emu suspension fitted and I fitted air bags and we don't use a wdh .
It tows great and knowing we have esc fitted is an extra benefit
Same here but we have HD Lovell's suspension fitted and the Expanda sits perfectly behind the Prado :)

the best part about the air bags (in my humble opinion)
is that you can add as much air as you want to help level the load you are towing

then drop the air out (min is 5PSI I think) when not needed

Thanks for the reminder..... Going out to let some air out!!!!!!! Leaving the bags pumped up to 26psi makes going over bumps a bit harsh when the van isn't hooked up o_O

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
you might want to have a look on faceache for my mate, XLR8 Fabrications
have a look at the rear bars he builds,
tell him I sent you, for a good price
Thanks. Will keep it in mind. Hopefully the "good price" would be good for me, not him.

Reactions: dagree

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Thanks. Will keep it in mind. Hopefully the "good price" would be good for me, not him.

thats why he is in WA - and not all over Australia -

people always want something for nothing - until its them that have to give

I could tell you stories

but

you BOTH should do alright out of it

Reactions: dagree

G Daddy

Dec 6, 2015
Toowoomba
Got a price for those interested in price comparisons on fitting Airbags, was quoted $750 for Firestone with the protection covers. Seems reasonable.
I paid $162.00 including freight from USA for Firestone HD for raised suspension, and fitted myself with wire braided protection hose over the plastic tubes. I teed mine at the tow bar because I didn't like the idea of one side springing a leak. Have had no problems yet ( 2.5 years ). I run 15Psi to 20Psi with van on, the higher pressure when cruiser is loaded to max+.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Hi @Smirke,
Yep collect the big black truck tomorrow afternoon, very excited, and the Lotus on Monday, so big week for us.
I read your is about to arrive, you must be excited.

Jas
We could have got ours tomorrow, but some silly states had their public holiday today so the money couldn't be transferred. :(
Can't wait to see your pics. Going to be an exiting week for you guys for sure!!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Oh please bombard us with pics, I've changed my mind, I'm am sick to death at looking at houses..................I need proper envy in my system.

Reactions: Smirke and bigcol

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
hi folks, some initial pics, got home in the dark after the handover, so not many photos

.....one word....Awesome!!

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1155.JPG

IMG_1158.JPG

IMG_1160.jpg

Last edited: