Holden Man's Landcruiser 200 series VX

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
pin striping, is way way different to Bush Pin Striping

Bush Pin Striping is the new "BLING"

Probably not when you've spent that much on a black 200.

tell me about it
I paid closer to $70K for the 100 Kakadu, 9 years ago, and I STILL dont want to take it off road and get it scratched

but

then I do have a real 4wd for off road........... Nissan Patrol 4.2Turbo Diesel.............
it can get as scratched as it likes

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
Gvm upgrade is easier pre-registration but can be done after.

Nothing wrong with black. Doesn't show the dirt at all!
2015-08-22 14.25.16.jpg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks Jim we are very excited, went and test drove an updated VX today, its brilliant to drive. We signed up yesterday without seeing one as they are a bit scarce up here, but found one today at a dealer. She's a very nice truck.

I haven't put a lot of thought into a GVM upgrade, we would be looking at around 100kg of available weight for cargo after chucking our family in with the Van hooked up. More is always better though, and I guess if I chuck a bullbar on down the track I will have to leave one of the kids home :)
Am I right in saying it needs to be done prior to registration. I would be keen to avoid more luxury tax, running out funds, so it probably needs to be done outside of the purchase price. What sort of cost is it typically, and what GVM gain can you get?

It's expensine $4k but a colleague just got his done through that dealer for $3k so its getting better. ARB used to do it for $2k but it was only 280kg which may do you. Don't forget your ball wieght comes off your GVM along with fuel, passengers etc so I think it will be hard to stay under tbh? I think the weights on mine are in the tug thread.

Reactions: davemc

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Just looked ours went With Full tanks, bullbar, winch (rope) lights, no rear seats, 1/2 barrier, ply base and fridge slide (no fridge). Came in at 3,000 kgs. 350kgs short of its factory GVM I reckon the bull bar and winch add 100 -120kg and barrier, ply and fridge slide would have been lighter than the rear seats!

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
280kg would do me I reckon, and 2k sounds more appealing, will give ARB a call and have a chat. Will also sus them out if I should do it pre or post registration.
did it change the ride much @achjimmy, and was the height increased?
Reason I ask, this will be a day to day drive car that the boss will be driving a bit of, so don't want to turn it into a Monster Truck. Height is a concern, as I don't have a huge amount of clearance above the cruiser roof to open Garage doors, would be a shame to not be able to get it into the garage.
ARB had stopped doing it but hopefully started again. The Lovells went up a bit so you'd be best with ARB as you get to pick your springs. Definetly better pre Rego.

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Congrats on the new Cruiser mate. She looks great. The color.... well I do like black too but settled with a white or they call it pearl white with my Cruiser. I recently did a trip from Melbourne to Coffs Habour and back totaling nearly 3,800km and couldn't be any more impressed with its handling and towing capabilities. Overtaking was a breeze even with A/C on. She will blend in nicely with your new Lotus too. Well Done! :)

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
280kg would do me I reckon, and 2k sounds more appealing, will give ARB a call and have a chat. Will also sus them out if I should do it pre or post registration.
did it change the ride much @achjimmy, and was the height increased?
Reason I ask, this will be a day to day drive car that the boss will be driving a bit of, so don't want to turn it into a Monster Truck. Height is a concern, as I don't have a huge amount of clearance above the cruiser roof to open Garage doors, would be a shame to not be able to get it into the garage.
I just had 500kg constant load springs put in the back of the Navara. I know your not been blessed with a Nav, but for whats worth the daily ride hardness with the tub empty is only barely noticable, but if you hit an unexpected pothole .... bejesus, it hits pretty hard. You wouldnt be looking at 500kg, plus I have no weight in the ute empty and the coils wont be as harsh as springs I wouldnt think. So the added payload does comes at a ride cost, but I was pleasantly surprised .... untill a pot hole sneaks up on you whilst empty

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I just had 500kg constant load springs put in the back of the Navara. I know your not been blessed with a Nav, but for whats worth the daily ride hardness with the tub empty is only barely noticable, but if you hit an unexpected pothole .... bejesus, it hits pretty hard. You wouldnt be looking at 500kg, plus I have no weight in the ute empty and the coils wont be as harsh as springs I wouldnt think. So the added payload does comes at a ride cost, but I was pleasantly surprised .... untill a pot hole sneaks up on you whilst empty

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
Asked my Toyota dealer for GVM upgrade options tonight (email). Will let yuz know if he says anything useful. GVM allows a legal load of 610kg -fuel 100kg-passengers 200kg-towball 210kg-bullbar and towbar............and I'm over....haven't even got an empty roofrack.... second battery and empty fridge in......

Without a GVM upgrade the LC200 isn't really much of a touring vehicle if you want to be legal. But then again my Ranger was perfect and legal until I broke it.